PDA

View Full Version : Joey Harrington vs. JP Losman

Bling
11-03-2006, 09:07 PM
JP Losman put up 115 yards passing against the Bears. If Harrington puts up 116 yards and 7+ pts on the board, who's the better QB? I think that means that Losman is less than or equal to Harrington, what do you think?

If you'd like to place a bet on Miami putting up less than 7, or throwing for less than 115, I have a thread for that in the Smack Zone, btw.

Typ0
11-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't think you can simplify it so much. I would rather have Harrington because he's got more experience and he's fighting for a career right now. But if you want to talk in these terms I think I'd rather had David Carr.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't think you can simplify it so much. I would rather have Harrington because he's got more experience and he's fighting for a career right now. But if you want to talk in these terms I think I'd rather had David Carr.
I'd rather have Harrington. Hes fast, got an arm and accurate. Only thing is hes played for losers all his life. Detroit...Miami...hmm. But the good thing is, he puts up numbers far better than Losman.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
This argument has no merit. Even if Harrington throws for 300 yards, I dont think it makes much of a difference. The NFL is funky like that. For instance, Tom Brady usually has a field day against Indy. Peyton usually struggles against the Patriots. Tom Brady usually struggles against Denver, but Peyton Manning usually owns Denver. I dont think your way of comparison, is an accurate assesment. Just my opinion, though.

I got that example from Adam Shefter btw..

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Harrington had how many 1st round picks at WR? He still couldnt make it happen. I would take JP over, Harrington, ANYDAY.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2006, 10:04 PM
They're both bums. Neither is better than the other.

and neither will be in the league in 3-5 years either.

While we're at it, why don't we through in Andrew Walter and David Carr too!

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:11 PM
They're both bums. Neither is better than the other.

and neither will be in the league in 3-5 years either.

While we're at it, why don't we through in Andrew Walter and David Carr too!
They wont be out of the league in 3-5 years, I could guarantee that. Worst case scenario, they will be 2nd stringers. With that said, the jury is still out on both JP and Joey. This is possibly, Joey's last chance in Miami, and JP is getting close to the same situation, that Harrington is in. IF JP would limit his fumbles and turnovers, I would be inclined to give another season... The fumbling is whats trying my patience, 2 fumbles in a game is unacceptable.

Bling
11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
This argument has no merit. Even if Harrington throws for 300 yards, I dont think it makes much of a difference. The NFL is funky like that. For instance, Tom Brady usually has a field day against Indy. Peyton usually struggles against the Patriots. Tom Brady usually struggles against Denver, but Peyton Manning usually owns Denver. I dont think your way of comparison, is an accurate assesment. Just my opinion, though.

I got that example from Adam Shefter btw..

Already making excuses, huh?

justasportsfan
11-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd rather have Harrington. Hes fast, got an arm and accurate. Only thing is hes played for losers all his life. Detroit...Miami...hmm. But the good thing is, he puts up numbers far better than Losman.
haha. That's a stupid post.

OpIv37
11-04-2006, 08:59 AM

I hate to admit it cuz I'm a Bills fan, but look at our record since JP's been here
2004: 9-7 (but JP didn't play)
2005: 5-11 with Losman playing 8 games and one of the worst D's in the league
2006: 2-5, again with a horrid D and a horrid OL.

Not to defend the mistakes Losman has made, but the Bills haven't been any better than the Lions and the Dolphins over JP's tenure as a starter. If you defend Harrington's performance because he's played for "losers", the same defense also applies to Losman.

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Harrington vs Losman.

They both SUCK and they BOTH have set the franchises back big time who drafted them.

Comparision can end right there.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 10:41 AM
JP Losman put up 115 yards passing against the Bears. If Harrington puts up 116 yards and 7+ pts on the board, who's the better QB? I think that means that Losman is less than or equal to Harrington, what do you think?

If you'd like to place a bet on Miami putting up less than 7, or throwing for less than 115, I have a thread for that in the Smack Zone, btw.

It's hard to say. Is Harrington behind the same poor o-line that Losman is? Are the Dolphins gonig to attempt a failed fake punt on the first drive that immediately puts the Bears in scoring range?

I think the best way to decide is when Joey has to play in Buffalo. Then we could make the comparison.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 12:03 PM
I guess if destroying your argument is called making excuses, sure you can call it that.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM

With all that said, Harrington would be very lucky to even throw for 200.

YardRat
11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Todd Collins is still in the league for crying out loud. If he can last this long, I don't find it hard to believe that either Losman or Harrington, maybe both, are still playing in three to five.

The_Philster
11-04-2006, 12:21 PM
If you defend Harrington's performance because he's played for "losers", the same defense also applies to Losman.:cynic: C'mon...you know as well as I do that idea doesn't fall under the double standards rule that some posters have

bluehaze
11-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Harrington vs Losman.

They both SUCK and they BOTH have set the franchises back big time who drafted them.

Comparision can end right there.

Harrington hasn't set the Dolphins back IMO the Dolphins have set him back. If you actually watch the games 4 of his 7 interceptions were tipped balls right into defenders hands leaving even the commentators stating that is why they need an asterisk next to INT on QB stats :lol:

The verdict is still out on Harrington's future in Miami IMO he shows flashes of brilliance at times and then other times he looks like he's playing hot potatoe. I think if he popped a Xanax before every game he would be unstoppable LOL He looks to nervous out there, but I guess constantly having 350+ pound lineman barreling at you will do that. Be interesting to see what he could do behind a solid line.

I can't comment too much on Losman though because I don't ever get to watch your games unless you guys are playing Miami.

kernowboy
11-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Ironically, everyone slags off Patrick Ramsey but he has in fact got a better record as a QB than both Carr and Harrington!!!

Drive 4 Five
11-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Man is this what we have been reduced to? Arguing over whose team sucks more? Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

That said, I am just as pathetic as the rest of you (except for Pat Moran because it really doesn't get much more pathetic than that) and I'll pay along.

Losman has played the equivalent of one season while Harrington has been in the league like five seasons already and has started like three times the amount of games so trying to compare these two is quite lame actually.

Nice try BLING-A-LING-A-DING

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Harrington hasn't set the Dolphins back IMO the Dolphins have set him back. If you actually watch the games 4 of his 7 interceptions were tipped balls right into defenders hands leaving even the commentators stating that is why they need an asterisk next to INT on QB stats :lol:

The verdict is still out on Harrington's future in Miami IMO he shows flashes of brilliance at times and then other times he looks like he's playing hot potatoe. I think if he popped a Xanax before every game he would be unstoppable LOL He looks to nervous out there, but I guess constantly having 350+ pound lineman barreling at you will do that. Be interesting to see what he could do behind a solid line.

I can't comment too much on Losman though because I don't ever get to watch your games unless you guys are playing Miami.
I was talking about the Lions, his "bust" set the franchise back years.

Mr. Cynical
11-04-2006, 03:40 PM
They wont be out of the league in 3-5 years, I could guarantee that. Worst case scenario, they will be 2nd stringers.

Agreed - if Todd "Zero Talent" Collins can stay in the league for 11+ years as a backup, so can they. However, if that is their career path, they will have to improve on their trunovers as the role of a backup is to hold down the fort, i.e., don't win games but don't lose them either.

bluehaze
11-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I was talking about the Lions, his "bust" set the franchise back years.

Nah the Lions aren't set back any they have always been what they are even Barry Sanders couldn't change that.

Bling
11-05-2006, 03:53 PM

137 yards, and 21 pts. 50% passing I believe.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Bling you do realize your ****ty team is still in LAST place?? Yes