PDA

View Full Version : Joey Harrington or Mike Williams

BILLSROCK1212
11-03-2006, 09:11 PM
If you had the choice right now who would you choose and you have to choose one.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Mike Williams, we got our quarterback.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Mike Williams, we got our quarterback. You confuse me BuffaloFever. Your saying we got our QB here but in your other post you started you stated.

Honestly, we should send Craig Nall to NFL Europe. He shouldn't be riding the bench, he needs play time. If he were to get developed further in NFLE, I would give him a shot if JP fails, jmo. ???
Sounds like your hesitant on JP there and planning a backup plan. Id give Harrington a shot long before Nall. Harrington has gameplay experience and speed and a wicked arm. Hes also only been on loser teams but as you know, you cant blame the QB for being on teams that play bad. Its not the QBs fault the D doesnt step up or if the OL is a revolving door and its DEFINATELY not the QB's fault if we dont score more than 20 points. Its his quality of recievers.

Just Kidding about the excuses. Im just playing there. Anyways Im just saying Id rather give Harrington a chance before Nall but thats just my personal opinion.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:31 PM
You confuse me BuffaloFever. Your saying we got our QB here but in your other post you started you stated.
???
Sounds like your hesitant on JP there and planning a backup plan. Id give Harrington a shot long before Nall. Harrington has gameplay experience and speed and a wicked arm. Hes also only been on loser teams but as you know, you cant blame the QB for being on teams that play bad. Its not the QBs fault the D doesnt step up or if the OL is a revolving door and its DEFINATELY not the QB's fault if we dont score more than 20 points. Its his quality of recievers.

Just Kidding about the excuses. Im just playing there. Anyways Im just saying Id rather give Harrington a chance before Nall but thats just my personal opinion.

I do have a backup plan, and you so kindly posted it for me! I am not completely sold on JP, but Harrington is no better. The jury is still out on both of them, and at this stage of the game I would rather take Losman, because Harrington couldnt get things done with 3 1st round WR's. If Harrington doesnt succeed in Miami, he is a career backup, end of the story. JP has a much better chance of making it than Harrington.

My thoughts.. JP should get this season, and possibly next. During that time Nall should be shipped to NFL E to gain professional experience, that way if Losman doesnt work out for us, we have a possible initiative. It just doesnt make sense to me, why is raw talent riding the bench, when he could be gaining valuable experience??

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I have my doubts about Losman, and I'm not sure if he will succeed. With that said, I wouldnt want Harrington here because he is slowly proving that he cant be a starting QB. Nall is more of an unknown.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Fair. We differ in opinions on Harrington. Either way, Nall going to Europe or the CFL to develop would be good options. Gets him playing. Only things are, Raw talent doesnt usually guarantee success. Raw talent is the hardest category to pick because the chances of them failing are high. BUT if they do succeed, they usually are pro-bowl material because they have all the physical attributes but lack that something about them that they are still considered "Raw talent".

Heres another thing to think about. How many former NFLE QBs are starting in the NFL today? Is the NFLE really a developmental league or a revenue generator for the league? Supposedly its a developmental league but I dont see alot of high profile QBs that came from there. You cant say Warner cause hes a backup now. Lost his job so Arizona can develop Leinhart. Why didnt they send Leinhart to NFLE to develop?

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Fair. We differ in opinions on Harrington. Either way, Nall going to Europe or the CFL to develop would be good options. Gets him playing. Only things are, Raw talent doesnt usually guarantee success. Raw talent is the hardest category to pick because the chances of them failing are high. BUT if they do succeed, they usually are pro-bowl material because they have all the physical attributes but lack that something about them that they are still considered "Raw talent".

Heres another thing to think about. How many former NFLE QBs are starting in the NFL today? Is the NFLE really a developmental league or a revenue generator for the league? Supposedly its a developmental league but I dont see alot of high profile QBs that came from there. You cant say Warner cause hes a backup now. Lost his job so Arizona can develop Leinhart. Why didnt they send Leinhart to NFLE to develop?

Brilliant question, they SHOULD! If we were to do that with JP when Bledsoe was here, we may not be in the **** hole were in now, imo. As for recent QB's starting now, I guess I cant say Warner but: Jake Delhomme, Aaron Brooks?, Marc Bulger, Brian Johnson?

Nall isnt just physical attributes, he has a good mind, its just that he has been getting thrown through different offenses every year. I think in his College days, he had to learn a new offense 3 times there. And for a kid coming out of highschool, that is TOUGH. If we can keep him comfortable with our offense here, while he develops in NFLE, we may have a good QB in the making.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Dwight Freeney.