PDA

View Full Version : McGahee Injury = Ribs

gr8slayer
11-05-2006, 12:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/11/05/bc.fbn.bills.mcgahee.ap/index.html

Marvelous
11-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Funny how we won.. I'm just sayin...

TigerJ
11-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Thomas did a good job today in relief. I'm not ready to dump McGahee though. The good news is it doesn't mean a year long rehab. If it's broken ribs, it's probably 6 weeks, cartilage damage- 2 weeks and a flack jacket. It leaves Buffalo thin at RB as long as he's out. Shaud Williams is never going to be more or better than a very average change of pace back. He's not big enough to take a pounding if Thomas were to get hurt. He's too small to be an effective blocker. He lacks the speed to be any kind of big play back. He can catch the ball some and has enough quickness to make some people miss sometimes. That's not a lot to have to depend on. Where's Lionel Gates when you need him?

EDS
11-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Funny how we won.. I'm just sayin...

It is interesting. Thomas averaged 1 yard more per carry in this game then did McGahee. That in and of itself means little because it is such a small sample size but when you consider that McGahee has average 3.8 yards per carry on the season . . .

DynaPaul
11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
A-Train did great in backup duty. At least he doesn't fall down when someone from the defense puts a finger on him. It's amazing how easy McGahee goes down, it's almost like the guy wants to go down as soon as someone comes near him.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
A-Train did great in backup duty. At least he doesn't fall down when someone from the defense puts a finger on him. It's amazing how easy McGahee goes down, it's almost like the guy wants to go down as soon as someone comes near him.

I think he just wanted to sport that sweater..

HAMMER
11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I loved the way A-Train ran today, he deserves to start next week, rib injury or not.