PDA

View Full Version : When stats don't lie

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 03:06 PM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3 height=18>Team Statistics</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD width="64%" height=18></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="18%">GB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="18%">BUF </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>First Downs</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>9 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Passing</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>6 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Penalty</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Third Down Efficiency</TD><TD>7-16</TD><TD>1-10 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Fourth Down Efficiency</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0-0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>TOTAL NET YARDS</TD><TD>427</TD><TD>179 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Total Plays</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>46 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Average Gain Per Play</TD><TD>5.4</TD><TD>3.9 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>NET YARDS RUSHING</TD><TD>147</TD><TD>115 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Rushes</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>26 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Average Per Rush</TD><TD>4.9</TD><TD>4.4 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>NET YARDS PASSING</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>64 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Completions-Attempts</TD><TD>28-47</TD><TD>8-15 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Yards Per Pass Play</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Times Sacked</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>Yards Lost to Sacks</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>38 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Had Intercepted</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>PUNTS</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Average Punt</TD><TD>38.8</TD><TD>47.4 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>PENALTIES</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Penalty Yards</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>50 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>FUMBLES</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Fumbles Lost</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Offense needs to improve hardcore. But we didn't turn it over and that should be proof enough that if we can hold on to the @#$% football than we can win a few.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Normally the most important stat is the W, but that's when your team is vying for a playoff run. When you are rebuilding the more important stat is how your team is improving. Granted getting the W is a good thing, but the way they did it doesn't make me feel any better about the team moving forward.

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Well there were a few positives...
Anthony Thomas looked good , the left side of the line seemed like it started to gel.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Normally the most important stat is the W, but that's when your team is vying for a playoff run. When you are rebuilding the more important stat is how your team is improving. Granted getting the W is a good thing, but the way they did it doesn't make me feel any better about the team moving forward.

The only thing that impressed me today was Anthony Thomas. He ran well and looked determined every time he touched the ball. JP on the other hand, looked terrible yet again. His play is not making me feel good about his future.

Elminster
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I'll tell you what gives me confidence....the whole clutch factor we got going. We actually pulled it together when things were looking grim instead of falling apart. THAT, to me, is a sign of growth, as well as the turnover differential. Our defense made plays....and our offense didn't cough up the ball. I see JP was sacked 5 times....yet he didn't fumble once. And he didn't throw any picks. That's good. At the very least we're back to where we were before the Bears game, and a little better 'cause guys stepped it up...

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll tell you what gives me confidence....the whole clutch factor we got going. We actually pulled it together when things were looking grim instead of falling apart. THAT, to me, is a sign of growth, as well as the turnover differential. Our defense made plays....and our offense didn't cough up the ball. I see JP was sacked 5 times....yet he didn't fumble once. And he didn't throw any picks. That's good. At the very least we're back to where we were before the Bears game, and a little better 'cause guys stepped it up...

Fair enough...I agree with the point that we didn't fold up and stuck it out even though the offense did nothing.

Yasgur's Farm
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
JP on the other hand, looked terrible yet again. His play is not making me feel good about his future.15 att's, 8 c's, 102 yd's, 6.8 yd's/att, 1 td, 0 int, 97.1 passer rating, 0 fumbles.

He was allowed to put the ball up 15 freakin times. Pass plays were initiated 23 times. Take away the 3 scrambles and the 5 sacks and your left with 15 FREAKIN pass plays.

BTW... I put a stop watch on all 5 sacks... The one near the goal line was 4 seconds before he was hit... Every other sack came in 2 and 3 seconds.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 03:27 PM
15 att's, 8 c's, 102 yd's, 6.8 yd's/att, 1 td, 0 int, 97.1 passer rating, 0 fumbles.

He was allowed to put the ball up 15 freakin times. Pass plays were initiated 23 times. Take away the 3 scrambles and the 5 sacks and your left with 16 FREAKIN pass plays.

BTW... I put a stop watch on all 5 sacks... The one near the goal line was 4 seconds before he was hit... Every other sack game in 2 and 3 seconds.

Stop...please! He hit a wide open Evans on a blown coverage! Stop acting like he marched them down the field to win.

Yasgur's Farm
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not saying anything about him marching the team or carrying the team or anything else... Only that he wasn't terrible and had precious few seconds to deliver the ball.

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Stop...please! He hit a wide open Evans on a blown coverage! Stop acting like he marched them down the field to win.
He htt the pass didn't he? Maybe he got lucky, but he hit it and that is that. I wasn't impressed with his overall play today, but he came through in the fourth quarter and made a nice play. No fumbles either.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 03:33 PM
He htt the pass didn't he? Maybe he got lucky, but he hit it and that is that. I wasn't impressed with his overall play today, but he came through in the fourth quarter and made a nice play. No fumbles either.

Dude, he under threw him! If he is not wide open, it's an interception...were watching the same game as me?

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
15 att's, 8 c's, 102 yd's, 6.8 yd's/att, 1 td, 0 int, 97.1 passer rating, 0 fumbles.

He was allowed to put the ball up 15 freakin times. Pass plays were initiated 23 times. Take away the 3 scrambles and the 5 sacks and your left with 15 FREAKIN pass plays.

BTW... I put a stop watch on all 5 sacks... The one near the goal line was 4 seconds before he was hit... Every other sack came in 2 and 3 seconds.

I'm not sure if people actually watched the game. Our OL sucked yet again and Robert Royal dropped a ball that hit his hands. JP is not the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

odin
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
He was under a lot of pressure on the TD pass so of course its not going to be pinpoint accurate.

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Dude, he under threw him! If he is not wide open, it's an interception...were watching the same game as me?
I'm willing to bet you'd complain if I handed you $100 face down.
Seriously, no one is saying losman played a great game. But you are trying to discredit every aspect of the game. He saw the open man, threw it to him, we score. I don't care if it isn't as perfect as it could or should have been. Losman needs work, I get it, but he made the right read and threw to the open receiver, what is your problem?