PDA

View Full Version : Glad we won but....

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 03:09 PM
...our top 5 draft pick just went out the door.

:couch:

kinigirly
11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
i don't know why you would choose a good draft pick over winning some games. what makes you think we would choose the second coming of christ in the draft next year? knowing us we would make a ******ed pick with some backwards explanation about the future. the bills aren't exactly famous for making witty decisions you know

BillyT92679
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM

our last top five pick was Mr. Mike Williams

MTBillsFan
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
It's all on Favre's shoulders! HE IS NOT A GOD! SUCK IT GREEN BAY!

patmoran2006
11-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Its more important for a young team to taste what it feels like to win, more than finishing 2-3 wins and getting a top five pick.

You cant be a winner until you learn how to win.

ScottLawrence
11-05-2006, 03:41 PM

What a ****ing loser you are.

Dicknoze69
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
If we finish 5-11 (which is a definite possibility), we're still going to get a high pick. We can get guys to help us in the first half of the 1st round.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
What a ****ing loser you are.

Happy Birthday! :party:

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 06:25 PM
If we finish 5-11 (which is a definite possibility), we're still going to get a high pick. We can get guys to help us in the first half of the 1st round.

That's been my prediction - 5-11....but given how bad the team has looked to this point I'm thinking I'd rather just lose out and get the picks. 5-11 will give us a mid round pick and I'd rather have something higher for suffering another non-playoff season.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
i don't know why you would choose a good draft pick over winning some games. what makes you think we would choose the second coming of christ in the draft next year? knowing us we would make a ******ed pick with some backwards explanation about the future. the bills aren't exactly famous for making witty decisions you know

Good point actually. Sometimes I forget how bad our FO is. Silly me.

Marvelous
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM

what a loser...i'll take a win everyday over draft...i wanted a jet win last year...bad.

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM
picks aren't guarenteed - as we well know.

Hopefully a few tastes of winning will help them develop a taste for playing a full 4 quarters - in EVERY game. :D

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
picks aren't guarenteed - as we well know.

Hopefully a few tastes of winning will help them develop a taste for playing a full 4 quarters - in EVERY game. :D

Unless they play a team as bad as GB every week, that kind of performance won't win many games. That is why I can't understand all the giddiness over this win? :wtf:

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Any given Sunday... a win is a win is what it boils down to.

I wouldn't have said that the fish was going to dominate Chicago today. :( (I really hate miami. :mad: )

Marvelous
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
No pun towards Mr. Cyn, but fans that wanna lose out for draft status are playoffs or bust.. IMO they don't enjoy a win unles there's playoffs involved.. Trust me that a perspective like that will only make one into a bitter fan. Esp since Our Bills have been struggling & could continue to...

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Any given Sunday... a win is a win is what it boils down to.

I wouldn't have said that the fish was going to dominate Chicago today. :( (I really hate miami. :mad: )

Actually, a win isn't a win. Miami's win is much more impressive than the Bills win. Miami can walk away from that game knowing that they just beat one of the best teams in the league and they looked muched improved doing it. Buffalo can't say that as they didn't look improved and their offense still looked like it was stuck in mud. There is a difference.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Unless they play a team as bad as GB every week, that kind of performance won't win many games. That is why I can't understand all the giddiness over this win? :wtf:

Careful or you may be called a "non fan".

But you got exactly my point. Granted every team "wins ugly" now and again but we lose ugly as well, so there's not alot to be excited about. I know top 5 picks are no guarantee but I'd rather have that than a mid round pick with a 5-11/6-10 record. UNLESS....and this is the big disclaimer....those 5-6 wins showed PROGRESS other than the W. Then I'd rather have the wins than the pick.

But in any case, I never expected this team to have a good record this year. I just wanted to see a foundation being built. Two picks off of bad throws for TDs isn't a foundation IMO.

Nighthawk
No pun towards Mr. Cyn, but fans that wanna lose out for draft status are playoffs or bust.. IMO they don't enjoy a win unles there's playoffs involved.. Trust me that a perspective like that will only make one into a bitter fan. Esp since Our Bills have been struggling & could continue to...

I could care less about the draft choice, but I sure would like to see improvement.

don137
It's not where you pick that is important. Its what you do with that pick that is important.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually, a win isn't a win. Miami's win is much more impressive than the Bills win. Miami can walk away from that game knowing that they just beat one of the best teams in the league and they looked muched improved doing it. Buffalo can't say that as they didn't look improved and their offense still looked like it was stuck in mud. There is a difference.

:10:

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM

To some degree that is true, I won't deny it. BUT...as I mentioned in my earlier post..if the win showed that the team was truly progessing, I enjoy those wins very much, even if the playoffs are out of reach.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Careful or you may be called a "non fan".

But you got exactly my point. Granted every team "wins ugly" now and again but we lose ugly as well, so there's not alot to be excited about. I know top 5 picks are no guarantee but I'd rather have that than a mid round pick with a 5-11/6-10 record. UNLESS....and this is the big disclaimer....those 5-6 wins showed PROGRESS other than the W. Then I'd rather have the wins than the pick.

But in any case, I never expected this team to have a good record this year. I just wanted to see a foundation being built. Two picks off of bad throws for TDs isn't a foundation IMO.

That's where people might be missing the point. It's all about building something, showing improvement and looking towards the future. These performances lately, win or lose, have provided none of that.