PDA

View Full Version : In all of my years of watching Bills Football

patmoran2006
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't remember our home crowd boo'ing our quarterback as loudly as they were booing Losman before the totally busted coverage led to a wide-open Evans touchdown.

It was unbelievable how bad the crowd turned on him.

kinigirly
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
this is why i don't listen to the audio stream anymore. the sound of bills fans booing gives me reproducing ulcers

Slim
11-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Im personally rooting for Losman, but his play in the first three quarters waranted it today.

Dicknoze69
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't think he'll succeed here. His confidence has got to be shot.

Unfortunately, I think we need to address that position in the offseason.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Im personally rooting for Losman, but his play in the first three quarters waranted it today.

Exactly! People pay good money to go watch an inferior product and they have the right to boo when it is warranted.

ajsdx
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM
what was so bad about his performance today? i obviously didn't watch the game and only checked online/the official thread like once an hour.

djjimkelly
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM

what the drop by by royal or the drop by evans those where his fault too in an 8-15 day. the second sacks where his fault too.

BOTTOM LINE O LINE HAS TO BE THE MAIN PRIORITY IN OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dicknoze69
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I'll absolutely agree that our O-line is a huge part of the problem on offense, but JP holds the ball way too long, stares down his primary receivers, and generally doesn't feel the pressure. JP's part of the problem right now as well.

We're gonna have to fix both our O-line situation and QB problem.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
what was so bad about his performance today? i obviously didn't watch the game and only checked online/the official thread like once an hour.

He's too indecisive and holds on to the ball waaaay too long. His throws were off and he just didn't look good.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
And those are problems he will get fixed by EXPERIENCE! There are only a handful of QBs that have come into the league and succeed right away. JP isnt one of them GET OVER IT!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
losman is absolutly pertrified of throwing the ball

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
How many year's has Losman been in the league? Over 3 now? How much more experience do you need, before you can actually manage a game consistently? He threw for 100 yards against a pass defense ranked last in the NFL. I am not impressed.

Dicknoze69
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
And those are problems he will get fixed by EXPERIENCE! There are only a handful of QBs that have come into the league and succeed right away. JP isnt one of them GET OVER IT!

Yeah I agree, I hope he does fix these problems in the coming weeks. But so far, he hasn't. Objectively, he's just looked bad lately, especially with telegraphing where he is throwing.

Earthquake Enyart
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
They used to boo Todd Collins quite a bit.

They also used to boo the hell out of Jack Kemp too at the end of his career.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:08 PM

If you know this for sure...then I'm good with it. However, you don't have a crystal ball and know nothing more than I do, so please don't try to tell me that he will definitely get better.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah I agree, I hope he does fix these problems in the coming weeks. But so far, he hasn't. Objectively, he's just looked bad lately, especially with telegraphing where he is throwing.

Watch out, don't post anything against the Bills organization or JP...certain individuals will not appreciate it. :funny:

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
How many year's has Losman been in the league? Over 3 now? How much more experience do you need, before you can actually manage a game consistently? He threw for 100 yards against a pass defense ranked last in the NFL. I am not impressed.

Exactly! If he was showing improvement, then that is one thing, but he is looking worse every game. That's where my concern with him lies.

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 04:18 PM
While I don't buy the "three years of experience thing" I will say, as I've been saying, he needs to get better and should be improving at this point.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:21 PM
While I don't buy the "three years of experience thing" I will say, as I've been saying, he needs to get better and should be improving at this point.

That's all I would like to see...IMPROVEMENT and I'm seeing none.

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2006, 04:25 PM

No. This is his third year.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Please tell us everything he said on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

He only threw 15 attempts. A couple of bad throws. Receivers dropped a couple. Most of the sacks were unavoidable. Wasted a timeout. But no turnovers.

Mixed game, nothing great, nothing horrible. That makes three good, two bad, three mixed this year.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Exactly! If he was showing improvement, then that is one thing, but he is looking worse every game. That's where my concern with him lies.

He looked better today than the last three.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:41 PM
He looked better today than the last three.

Not really...take away the bomb on the blown coverage and he throws for 25-30 yards...that isn't very much progress.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Not really...take away the bomb on the blown coverage and he throws for 25-30 yards...that isn't very much progress.

15 attempts.

He threw for 88 yards against Miami, and that was one of his best. I don't care how many yards he has. Favre had 287 (on 47 attempts) but blew the game.

JP outplayed Favre today.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2006, 04:50 PM
15 attempts.

He threw for 88 yards against Miami, and that was one of his best. I don't care how many yards he has. Favre had 287 (on 47 attempts) but blew the game.

Our defense outplayed Favre today. Make no mistake, if it weren't for our D and ST today, we would have lost.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 04:50 PM
15 attempts.

Whoa...I get your point, but that last statement is a little over the top. JP played like crap today, period....so did Favre. The defense won this game for the Bills by coming up with timely turnovers...case closed.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Zero turnovers is NOT crap. Period. He made far more good throws than bad ones. His critics won't shut up until he plays a perfect game.

I never said the defense didn't win the game for us, they did. But that's irrelevant to this thread.

Mad Bomber
11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Bottom line....we won by 2 TDs today. I don't care how we did it. People have been *****ing that JP had a crap game, and our D won it for us. GOOD! Over the course of 16 games you'll win or lose in a variety of ways.

People need to quit whining after a win because it wasn't 72-0 with JP going 30-30 for 9 TDs and 0 INTs. It ain't gonna happen.

If our D can win a game for us, I AM HAPPY. Remember all the recent posts about how crappy our D has been?

...some people are NEVER satisfied.

I for one am VERY happy that we WON today.

....GO BILLS!!!!!!

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2006, 05:09 PM
They used to boo Todd Collins quite a bit.

They also used to boo the hell out of Jack Kemp too at the end of his career.

And Ferguson too. All fans are fickle. I remember a lot of people calling for Frank Reich early in Kelly's career. I also remember people thinking we should have let Reich finish out the playoffs after the comeback game. Personally, I am getting more and more reservations about our QB.

DynaPaul
11-05-2006, 05:11 PM
The great QB's overcome their rough starts. Even QB's like Favre didn't start out as superstars when they first played in the league. JP has to make or break his own career in the NFL.

OpIv37
11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
this is why i don't listen to the audio stream anymore. the sound of bills fans booing gives me reproducing ulcers

???

the fans want the team to win. When they play poorly week in and week out, players absolutely deserve to be booed. No one wants to pay a minimum of $50 for a ticket to watch underthrown passes and sacks.

Mad Bomber
11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
???

the fans want the team to win. When they play poorly week in and week out, players absolutely deserve to be booed. No one wants to pay a minimum of $50 for a ticket to watch underthrown passes and sacks.

I'd gladly pay $50 per ticket and drive 6+ hours to see an "ugly" 24-10 win at the Ralph.

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM

I hate this logic... it equates to the "take away the longest run" threads we used to all love to hate.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I hate this logic... it equates to the "take away the longest run" threads we used to all love to hate.

Plus, by that logic, we should be able to take away the drops too, including another bomb to Evans.

Typ0
11-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I saw most of the game. Lossman sucked today. He only threw the ball 15 times for a reason. What he didn't do today was put the ball on the ground (unless you count the throws at peoples feet). That's a positive. If the only positive you can find about a guy is he didn't fumble then he sucks. He held the ball WAY too long again today and caused sacks. Phil you said the sacks were unavoidable...I don't agree at all. He's got to get the ball out of there quicker.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:41 PM

Well it's the same logic that you're using...since that one play made you feel good about his play. It works both ways.

Typ0
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Well it's the same logic that you're using...since that one play made you feel good about his play. It works both ways.

He's usually good for one of those a game anyway. Let him have it in his stats for the stellar 100 yard game.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:47 PM
He's usually good for one of those a game anyway. Let him have it in his stats for the stellar 100 yard game.

I hear ya, Typ0! Am I missing the boat here or did they still look bad today?

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM

Please quote anywhere I said that. I said that I was happy with a WIN - even if it were ugly.

I agree that there is TONS of room for improvement - but unfortunately, by dang near EVERYONE on the team. The only person that I can honestly think of that hasn't managed to make some kind of mistake this season.... is the person who makes the travel arrangements for the away games. So at least for today, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I can go into work and NOT have to listen to everyone tell all the old recycled "Bills Lose Again" jokes.

IMO... a Bills Loss is a TEAM Loss... and a Bills Win is a TEAM Win.

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:52 PM

No, we did look bad. But would it have made you feel better if we had lost the way we "deserved" too?

Damn - we should tell the D to not bother to intercept any throws, especially around the endzone.

Typ0
11-05-2006, 06:54 PM

our offense is completely horrible. I can't remember seeing a worse offense in the NFL since that Tampa Bay team that was about the speed and skill of a high school team. We downright stink on offense. Sometimes we move the ball a little bit. If we start on the opponents 35 we usually move backwards. Our offense stinks.

Defensively, at times, we played decent today. I was very discouraged when Green Bay marched down the field in the fourth quarter though. There was a lucky bounce in the end zone that resulted in an INT or I think Green Bay would have won the game...I honestly do. Our run defense is just so horrible. They just walked down the field on us when they needed to.

Special teams were good today. The punting unit was downright amazing again. I think that is very underestimated in a football game as it results in huge chunck of field position. Not only was Moorman banging the ball but the coverage team was stellar.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Please quote anywhere I said that. I said that I was happy with a WIN - even if it were ugly.

I agree that there is TONS of room for improvement - but unfortunately, by dang near EVERYONE on the team. The only person that I can honestly think of that hasn't managed to make some kind of mistake this season.... is the person who makes the travel arrangements for the away games. So at least for today, I'm going to enjoy the fact that I can go into work and NOT have to listen to everyone tell all the old recycled "Bills Lose Again" jokes.

IMO... a Bills Loss is a TEAM Loss... and a Bills Win is a TEAM Win.

Ok, find a quote where I said that JP is the reason for ALL of the Bills troubles? My point is, don't pick one statement out of a conversation and try to vilify me as a JP hater. I'm just not happy where he is at and I'm not going to sugarcoat it to make people happy on this board. It is what is and he is playing like garbage. Would I like for him to finally "get it" and become a star? Hell yeah. But right now I'd settle for him showing signs of improvement.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't remember our home crowd boo'ing our quarterback as loudly as they were booing Losman before the totally busted coverage led to a wide-open Evans touchdown.

It was unbelievable how bad the crowd turned on him.

I watched the entire game without audio as I was sitting in an Atlanta sports bar today. If Losman got "booed" today than we are dealing with dumbest fans in the league. Boo the offensive line not the QB.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
No, we did look bad. But would it have made you feel better if we had lost the way we "deserved" too?

Damn - we should tell the D to not bother to intercept any throws, especially around the endzone.

No, but don't pretend that the win was more important than this team actually showing improvement. If you believe that, then I feel sorry for you.

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
our offense is completely horrible. I can't remember seeing a worse offense in the NFL since that Tampa Bay team that was about the speed and skill of a high school team. We downright stink on offense. Sometimes we move the ball a little bit. If we start on the opponents 35 we usually move backwards. Our offense stinks.

Defensively, at times, we played decent today. I was very discouraged when Green Bay marched down the field in the fourth quarter though. There was a lucky bounce in the end zone that resulted in an INT or I think Green Bay would have won the game...I honestly do. Our run defense is just so horrible. They just walked down the field on us when they needed to.

Special teams were good today. The punting unit was downright amazing again. I think that is very underestimated in a football game as it results in huge chunck of field position. Not only was Moorman banging the ball but the coverage team was stellar.

I'll agree with this!

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I watched the entire game without audio as I was sitting in an Atlanta sports bar today. If Losman got "booed" today than we are dealing with dumbest fans in the league. Boo the offensive line not the QB.

He's not the only problem with this team, but he is part of the problem. He deserved to get booed at certain points of this game. Then again, so did a lot of players on that team.

Cntrygal
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
LOL - Nighthawk... The ONLY reason I quoted that first post by you was because of the part I bolded. I guess I should have deleted you name. I was comparing that part of your quote with the way wys analyzed the games when he posted his novels.

And you don't have to feel "sorry" for me. I definately want to see improvement and even ugly wins count as improvement. At least they didn't COMPLETELY roll over and give sportscenter yet another reason to knock the Bills and talk about Farvre all week (about the BIG comeback.. blahblahblah)....

:D

Typ0
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
LOL - Nighthawk... The ONLY reason I quoted that first post by you was because of the part I bolded. I guess I should have deleted you name. I was comparing that part of your quote with the way wys analyzed the games when he posted his novels.

And you don't have to feel "sorry" for me. I definately want to see improvement and even ugly wins count as improvement. At least they didn't COMPLETELY roll over and give sportscenter yet another reason to knock the Bills and talk about Farvre all week (about the BIG comeback.. blahblahblah)....

I have to admit I hated that "take away his two longest runs" crap wys used to pull all the time...but when JP Threw that TD pass I thought to myself "take away that pass and he's not even going to throw for 50 yards". Shame on me!

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM

Now that I can agree with you on! :cheers:

Philagape
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
He only threw the ball 15 times for a reason.

Because we led almost the entire game?

Typ0
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Because we led almost the entire game?

He was throwing the ball and peoples feet. A couple times he threw right into a swarm of cheese jerseys. Keeping his throws down is the only way we are going to win games...that and the defense scoring.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
He was throwing the ball and peoples feet.

How many times?

Again, SEVEN incompletions, not all his fault.

Brady had more bad throws in the first half two weeks ago than JP did all game today.

People who have a disposition against JP to begin with magnify his mistakes to a disproportionate level. Nowhere have I said he had a good game, but the way some people are saying he was horrible is so ridiculous that it has to be bias.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
How many times?

Again, SEVEN incompletions, not all his fault.

Brady had more bad throws in the first half two weeks ago than JP did all game today.

People who have a disposition against JP to begin with magnify his mistakes to a disproportionate level. Nowhere have I said he had a good game, but the way some people are saying he was horrible is so ridiculous that it has to be bias.

Listen, I for one would love to see JP become the next great thing in the league. However, when he stinks it up...which he did today, I will say so. When he looks good, I will say so. I'm not going to protect him if he doesn't play well. He would have been pulled on most other teams at halftime. I hope he lights it up next week, but seeing how he couldn't take advantage of one of the worse pass defenses in the league this week, I don't see that happening.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Listen, I for one would love to see JP become the next great thing in the league. However, when he stinks it up...which he did today, I will say so. When he looks good, I will say so. I'm not going to protect him if he doesn't play well. He would have been pulled on most other teams at halftime. I hope he lights it up next week, but seeing how he couldn't take advantage of one of the worse pass defenses in the league this week, I don't see that happening.

He didn't need to take advantage, and he did not stink today. He made mistakes on a few plays and looked fine on most.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
He didn't need to take advantage, and he did not stink today. He made mistakes on a few plays and looked fine on most.

Honestly, we need to agree to disagree because with what you're saying it makes me believe that you watched a different game. But hey, that's cool. :cheers:

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM
We definitely had some stupid ****s there today...this one guy a few rows behind me kept yelling at JP to throw the ball...before he even got dropped back...sheesh!

Philagape
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Honestly, we need to agree to disagree because with what you're saying it makes me believe that you watched a different game. But hey, that's cool. :cheers:

I think I did too.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I think I did too.
sounds like you watched the game I was at ;)

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I think I did too.

Let's talk after the game next week.