PDA

View Full Version : One key stat from today...

xXSpIkes5IXx
11-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Green Bay defensive tackle Corey Williams had 3 sacks today. The Packers had pressure up the middle all game long, and that is unacceptable. With the pressure up the middle, there was no pocket for JP to step into while making his throws, thus causing many errant and underthrown passes.

Peters did a nice job against KGB who only had 1 tackle the whole game, but other than that, this was the worst pass blocking performance ive seen by this o line, and that includes the chicago game. Pennington did not play very well against Kampman, and Villarrial looks more like a turnstyle than a right guard.

One thing you have to credit JP with this game is he held on to the football when under pressure. He was sacked 5 times but no turns overs, and when he dosent turn the ball over, we normally are in the game.

Mr. Pink
11-05-2006, 04:09 PM
You fail to mention that 3 of the sacks were due to Losman holding on to the ball too long. But I'll agree, at least he didn't fumble.

jmb1099
11-05-2006, 04:16 PM
You fail to mention that 3 of the sacks were due to Losman holding on to the ball too long. But I'll agree, at least he didn't fumble.
Yeah and I don't know if this is something that can ever be broken or not. I was pleasantly suprised that the left side seemed to gel for both pass protection and run blocking towards the end. I wasn't sure how the Peters experiment would pay off, but it seems to be ok.

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I can't wait to see Peters go against Freeney. That will be a good test.

I wonder if they are giving consideration to trying Reyes on the right. :idunno:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I dont even want to think about the Indy game. But I guess if Miami can beat chicago ... oh wait we are at Indy, and we are the bills.. it will be UGLY