PDA

View Full Version : My game notes!

X-Era
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Thats was an ugly win, but a win is a win and good teams will win that way sometimes. That doesnt mean I think we are a good team.

Our run blocking was actually pretty good today, I think we are on to something finally as far as our o-line goes. I cant remember and runs for losses and we had plenty of 1st's.

However, our pass protection overall was god awful, Losman held on to the ball to long, too often, but the lions share of the blame goes to a pourous o-line. The left side did well, but the middle and right was terrible. Villarial, Pennington, and Fowler all gave up a sack today.

Losman did not have a good game and looked off his game all day until the end and the big throw to Evans. I wasnt happy with the lenght that he held the ball today, he took a few sacks where he could have got the ball out. But, there was some progression in this game too. We didnt see a single tunrover. We may not like the sacks but Ill take a punt over a turnover any day of the week. He has had too many tunrovers as of late but today didnt do it once.

That said, he didnt exactly take the team by the bootstraps and force a win either. The TD was nice, but either our D was swarming or GB gave the game to us. If our D caused the win, thats just fine with me. Most people realize that a top notch D, average QB, and average run game can put you in the SB.

I liked our intensity on D today, Williams, Kelsay, Schobel all had nice plays. Our secondary was not a scapegoat today. Clements has a nice play, but also a bad one. Whitner and Simpson gave up yards, but both also made nice plays.

Flecther had an outstanding game. I was feeling like he needed to be let loose, but even at 30 something, Id like to see us resign him. He plays really strong.

On my downside:

McGahee. It may not be a popular belief but I feel that this guy hasnt lived up to his billing. That one run to the left side, he ran for 9 but got tripped up by yet another shoe string tackle. Yet, A-train came in and basically dragged guys for additional yardage. At 6 something and 230 or so, I wouldnt call McGahee a finesse runner. So if he doesnt have deep speed, he doesnt have incredible vision, and he isnt a hard to drag down guy, what is he? Theres no denying that he is a good RB, but is he all we need? Is he a guy that can carry this team? Im not so sure on either count.

Spikes. Heres another guy that is supposed to be our star. Yet again he was very quiet. No one is saying he isnt good, but is he a star on a lack luster team?

Our offensive production was putrid. We have to get it going there. We need to improve our pass protection and JP needs to continue to develop.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Lets sum it up easier, the D was real good. A-train, Special teams / Moorman and the left side of the o-line played well, everyone else played poorly.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 05:18 PM
JP-era, I like your calm report, but the fact of the matter is that Lossman is scared to death to throw the ball. he just dances back there with no confidence and no real idea where to go with the ball. I watch team after team that we play go 1,2,3 throw and for crying out loud I am up to 5,6,7 and SACK with lossman.

there were times we had plenty of pass protection and lossman is scared to throw it. I MEAN SCARED to throw it!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Great game
Schobel
Fletcher
Thomas
Evans
Moorman
Clements*

I say Clements because of the play he made on the deep ball by swatting it away from Driver.. Plus the tipped pass that was picked by Simpson..

Yasgur's Farm
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM
JP-era, I like your calm report, but the fact of the matter is that Lossman is scared to death to throw the ball. he just dances back there with no confidence and no real idea where to go with the ball. I watch team after team that we play go 1,2,3 throw and for crying out loud I am up to 5,6,7 and SACK with lossman.

there were times we had plenty of pass protection and lossman is scared to throw it. I MEAN SCARED to throw it!I had a stopwatch on him today...
2 sacks he had 2 seconds before he was hit.
2 other sacks he had 3 seconds before he got hit
That sack near the goal line... 4 seconds.

Don't believe me... Replay it and time it yourselves.

The TD to Evans was thrown short... Did anybody notice he was hit when he released it.

The other long one went off Lee Evans hands... That pass was put over the CB and in front of the closing FS... Right where it had to be.

Similar throw to Royal... dropped.

Even so... 8 of 15, 53.3%, 102 yds, 6.8 yds/att, 6.7% tds, 0 ints, 97.1 passer rating..... AND THE DECIDING TD IN A WIN!! Sounds like one of those Ben Roethlisberger wins to me.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Guys, I WANT JP to work out.. I really do... but for gods sake man he is not looking good.

Typ0
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
The run blocking was better because ATRain actually ran right up into the holes instead of dancing around. McGahee is a big disappointment and Thomas is the best runner on this team right now.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
The run blocking was better because ATRain actually ran right up into the holes instead of dancing around. McGahee is a big disappointment and Thomas is the best runner on this team right now.

Totally agree. I'm over McGahee.

X-Era
11-05-2006, 08:20 PM

I have to agree.

McGahee isnt a star by any means. That shoe string tackle cost us 7, well 4

SABURZFAN
11-05-2006, 08:26 PM
On my downside:

Spikes. Heres another guy that is supposed to be our star. Yet again he was very quiet. No one is saying he isnt good, but is he a star on a lack luster team?

does saying that his best days were in cincinatti count?i caught hell for saying that and other people are starting to see it now.to answer your question,i say no.he's not as good as people try to make him to be.that injury sent him on the downslope of his career.

YardRat
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
The other long one went off Lee Evans hands... That pass was put over the CB and in front of the closing FS... Right where it had to be.

I disagree...that was a very poorly thrown ball...too late and too much air. If Jp had released it earlier or thrown it with more zip it would have been six. Evans nearly had to come to dead stop and wait for it.

I agree with Typo about Thomas...nice to see a back hit the hole with some authority.

Spikes didn't play that badly, IMO. He was in on nine tackles and should've had a pick. Seemed to me he was around the ball a lot.

jpdex12
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
I can't remember any runs for losses either, just the one where Willis broke a rib on the first series???

GarnOFreak
11-06-2006, 12:44 AM
I want to add a player to your list who had a day and got some notice. Tripplett. I actually saw him in on plays causing pressure, batting ball s in the air and helping stuff runs really well. Anyone else notice this?