PDA

View Full Version : The rest of this year

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
isn't about winning, it is about evaluating talent. I am as happy as the next guy about winning, but I am more interested in seeing how key players play. Based on how they play out the rest of the year will be how we draft/go after FA next year and see how far off we really are.

This Green Bay defense was the worst in the league against the pass and we didn't do a lot against them. I was happy with how hard Thomas ran this game. It might be a preview of what will have when MaGahee bolts for warmer pastures.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
isn't about winning, it is about evaluating talent. I am as happy as the next guy about winning, but I am more interested in seeing how key players play. Based on how they play out the rest of the year will be how we draft/go after FA next year and see how far off we really are.

This Green Bay defense was the worst in the league against the pass and we didn't do a lot against them. I was happy with how hard Thomas ran this game. It might be a preview of what will have when MaGahee bolts for warmer pastures.

This is how I'm looking at the rest of the season and why I'm not really caught up in the win. We are not going anywhere this year, so I would rather see us making progress and would like to see some more improvement from key personnel. That is where most of my frustration lies with the team's performance today.

chernobylwraiths
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Is this post *****ing about a win?

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
I am in no way defending our passing game against the vaunted Packers secondary, but we did only throw the ball what 13 times? Most Qb's have anywhere from 25-30 each game. Please excuse the sacks that JP took for the prupose of this post.