PDA

View Full Version : Are there any JP fans left?

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 05:50 PM
He sucked more than usual today.

Yasgur's Farm
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
6.8 yds per attempt, 6.7% td rate, 97.1 passer rating no turnovers... AND A WIN!!!

spacecowboy
11-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Nope

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 05:55 PM
6.8 yds per attempt, 6.7% td rate, 97.1 passer rating no turnovers... AND A WIN!!!
We won thanks to Fletcher, Clements/Simpson, and McGee, not JP by any means.

spacecowboy
11-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm sure there will be lots of " but he's our QB, so I have to love him"

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Plus the TD pass was a lucky duck.

ICE74129
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
He sucked more than usual today. If you are a fan of the bills you should be a fan of JP. Only a moron roots against thier starting QB.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm hoping he comes through, but I despise the way he has played this year. We could do better, imo.

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 05:58 PM
If you are a fan of the bills you should be a fan of JP. Only a moron roots against thier starting QB.
Don't question my loyalty.

STAMPY
If you are a fan of the bills you should be a fan of JP. Only a moron roots against thier starting QB.

nobody is rooting against him. they want him to succeed but don't think he will succeed.

everyone wants to win

DMBcrew36
We'll see how he does against Indianapolis.

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
We'll see how he does against Indianapolis.
:rofl:

My predection... Indy 84. Bills 0.

spacecowboy
Ice your amazing. Blind devotion, your a better man than I. If my wife starts cheating on me should I not get a divorce, after all she is my wife. Nice "LOGIC"

kinigirly
mmm mmm mmm :hungry: that's pretty much what is keeping me here right now. that's pretty sad
http://www.freewebs.com/shsabres1/losmanjerseyrc04_gallery.jpg

Philagape
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
He sucked more than usual today.

That's just an insane statement.

How can anyone possibly think that when he didn't turn the ball over?

spacecowboy
11-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Who's roots against him? I wish there was something to root for!

BADTHINGSMAN
11-05-2006, 06:05 PM

Thats outrageous.. Id give the Bills atleast 3..

PECKERWOOD
Its funny. 100 yards passing and a TD is a great game for our QB. :D

Mad Bomber

You're DEAD wrong, my friend.

Indy 73 Bills 3.

don137
11-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I am a fan of JP but I have little faith in him at this point. He was awful today again.

Scumbag College
11-05-2006, 06:15 PM
There must be something else going on with JP, the offense, the coaching staff, etc. since the Bears game. He really looked like he was progressing and improving enough to be considered a decent NFL QB the first four games, but now I don't know if something in the offense changed, or teams have figured him out or something else completely different. I know the OLine has been atrocious, but JP is still holding onto the ball too long and probably at least two of the sacks today.

I wouldn't quite give up on JP yet. He is a really good athlete with a great arm. Alot of people make the comparisons between JP and RJ, however, I think one big difference between the two is that JP really cares about his poor performance, while RJ just worried about how soon he could get out of town after the season to get back to Cali to surf. I honestly think JP is rattled right now. He's overthrowing and short hopping alot of his passes right now. You can tell he's frustrated just watching the game on TV, and I think it's affecting his play out there. Maybe he needs a sports psychologist or something along those lines, but I think his main problem right now is between his ears.

Yasgur's Farm
11-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Its funny. 100 yards passing and a TD is a great game for our QB. :DSee... That's the thing BuffaloFever.

Somebody comes out and says JP was terrible.

Somebody shows where JP was not terrible.

Somebody else comes along and says that the second somebody claimed that JP was great.

It's called arguing extremes... Very popular among politicians.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
He's overthrowing and short hopping alot of his passes right now.

Define "a lot."

He had seven incompletions today. Two or three were drops. I believe one was a throwaway.

I swear, what game did you friggin people watch today??? JP didn't make any more mistakes than most QBs do in a game. He certainly didn't make as many as Favre did.

Typ0
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
There must be something else going on with JP, the offense, the coaching staff, etc. since the Bears game. He really looked like he was progressing and improving enough to be considered a decent NFL QB the first four games, but now I don't know if something in the offense changed, or teams have figured him out or something else completely different. I know the OLine has been atrocious, but JP is still holding onto the ball too long and probably at least two of the sacks today.

I wouldn't quite give up on JP yet. He is a really good athlete with a great arm. Alot of people make the comparisons between JP and RJ, however, I think one big difference between the two is that JP really cares about his poor performance, while RJ just worried about how soon he could get out of town after the season to get back to Cali to surf. I honestly think JP is rattled right now. He's overthrowing and short hopping alot of his passes right now. You can tell he's frustrated just watching the game on TV, and I think it's affecting his play out there. Maybe he needs a sports psychologist or something along those lines, but I think his main problem right now is between his ears.

if he could get his head together he'd be a great QB. Not a good one but a guy who could achieve greatness. He's got great skills. No head.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:31 PM
See... That's the thing BuffaloFever.

Somebody comes out and says JP was terrible.

Somebody shows where JP was not terrible.

Somebody else comes along and says that the second somebody claimed that JP was great.

It's called arguing extremes... Very popular among politicians.
Yeah...just a ton of lies..people don't think with their heads and refuse to let what they're seeing affect their opinions. Some people have made up their mind that JP sucks...even when his game is getting better.

And before anyone puts their foot in their mouth saying that I'm unable to see his problems,...learn to read past posts...my foot is still dangling off the bandwagon...he seemed to improve a little today...but he needs to keep improving before I'm convinced

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah...just a ton of lies..people don't think with their heads and refuse to let what they're seeing affect their opinions. Some people have made up their mind that JP sucks...even when his game is getting better.

And before anyone puts their foot in their mouth saying that I'm unable to see his problems,...learn to read past posts...my foot is still dangling off the bandwagon...he seemed to improve a little today...but he needs to keep improving before I'm convinced

I'm all for him improving, but please show me where he improved today?

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm all for him improving, but please show me where he improved today?
like I said in another thread, I still want to review the tape...but no turnovers for a start....some better decisions with the ball..got rid of it a little better

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM
like I said in another thread, I still want to review the tape...but no turnovers for a start....some better decisions with the ball..got rid of it a little better

Look at the tape, I think you might see differently. He still held the ball way too long and was still locking on to WRs. His throws were not good for the most part and even the throw to a wide open Evans was underthrown. Not to pick at the kid, but he is not showing improvement. Let's not forget that we just played the Packers and not the Bears, Colts or Pats.

Philagape
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM

It's like a groupthink, and JP's going to have to have an 80 percent, 400-yard, five-TD game to break it.

The criticisms I hear, holds the ball, locks onto receivers, etc., are things that most QBs do from time to time. Every single week, a good QB does really stupid things. There have been many, MANY games by QBs this season, including successful veterans, that were worse than JP today, but he can do nothing right in the eyes of people whose minds are made up. To them, every mistake, no matter how insignificant, no matter how much they're outnumbered by non-mistake plays, counts five times more than anything positive he does.

Tatonka
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't question my loyalty.

no worries.. there is no loyalty to question.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Look at the tape, I think you might see differently. He still held the ball way too long and was still locking on to WRs. His throws were not good for the most part and even the throw to a wide open Evans was underthrown. Not to pick at the kid, but he is not showing improvement. Let's not forget that we just played the Packers and not the Bears, Colts or Pats.
I saw him getting rid of the ball quicker...he does have to have a little time out there to make his reads. He's not Dan ****ing Marino with the fastest release in NFL history for chrissakes...if Pennington and Fowler aren't waving their red capes like bullfighters and blocking their assignments (Fowler, on one play, reminded me of Mike Pucillo when he practically helped the defender sack JP), maybe JP would get to make the throw.
As far as the Packers and not the Bears argument, give me a break. The disparity between teams isn't as great as their W-L records...and any team can beat any other team any given Sunday.

more cowbell
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
terrance pennington, chris villarial, and mike gandy are all studs.

so it MUST all be all JP'a fault hes getting sacked

i mean theres no other reason at all other than jp sucks because obvioisly the offensive line is set for years and our recievers are definetaly all stars so lets get a new QB in here because its all JP's fault. what a sinner he is god im sick of him

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I saw him getting rid of the ball quicker...he does have to have a little time out there to make his reads. He's not Dan ****ing Marino with the fastest release in NFL history for chrissakes...if Pennington and Fowler aren't waving their red capes like bullfighters and blocking their assignments (Fowler, on one play, reminded me of Mike Pucillo when he practically helped the defender sack JP), maybe JP would get to make the throw.
As far as the Packers and not the Bears argument, give me a break. The disparity between teams isn't as great as their W-L records...and any team can beat any other team any given Sunday.

I'm not saying the OL is great, but I'm also not going to kiss JP's a$$ either. He isn't very good right now...period.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:59 PM
It's like a groupthink, and JP's going to have to have an 80 percent, 400-yard, five-TD game to break it.

The criticisms I hear, holds the ball, locks onto receivers, etc., are things that most QBs do from time to time. Every single week, a good QB does really stupid things. There have been many, MANY games by QBs this season, including successful veterans, that were worse than JP today, but he can do nothing right in the eyes of people whose minds are made up. To them, every mistake, no matter how insignificant, no matter how much they're outnumbered by non-mistake plays, counts five times more than anything positive he does.

Nope, don't need huge numbers...just need to see improvement.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not saying the OL is great, but I'm also not going to kiss JP's a$$ either. He isn't very good right now...period.
No one's kissing his ass....but some of us aren't giving up on him either

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
No one's kissing his ass....but some of us aren't giving up on him either

Just because somebody says he had a bad game, doesn't mean they've given up hope that he'll get it. It just means that I don't accept everything from One Bills Drive as being Biblical and not allowed to be questioned.

DraftBoy
11-05-2006, 08:11 PM

Come on Phil, nobody is asking for him to be Marino, but how about having some common sense that the right side of your line is going to be weak since you got a 7th round rookie RT going out against the NFL sack leader. You had two weeks to prepare for this team. You HAVE to know you going to be getting pressure in your face (mind you this wasnt blind side pressure). Yet of the five sacks, three have been credited as his fault. He needs to cut down on that. Its a common sense adjustment. Alot likely falls on coaching, but its not like its quantum physics out there.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Come on Phil, nobody is asking for him to be Marino, but how about having some common sense that the right side of your line is going to be weak since you got a 7th round rookie RT going out against the NFL sack leader. You had two weeks to prepare for this team. You HAVE to know you going to be getting pressure in your face (mind you this wasnt blind side pressure). Yet of the five sacks, three have been credited as his fault. He needs to cut down on that. Its a common sense adjustment. Alot likely falls on coaching, but its not like its quantum physics out there.

He needs to know where the pressure is coming from...that is on him. The coaching staff also needs to prepare a better gameplan to utilize his skills more. I'm still waiting for Dickey and company to utilize the rollout more.

DraftBoy
11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Every single week, a good QB does really stupid things.

Allow me to ask you to clarify this part of your post;

Do you mean that every week the same good QB does the same really stupid things? Or do you mean that every week a good QB has a bad game and does stupid things, and then the next week a different good QB has a bad game and does stupid things. Also what made them a good QB, and who are you directly referring to. A common comparison around these parts has been Big Ben, and that horse has been beaten to death. So Im just curious.

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Every single week, a good QB does really stupid things.

Yeah but a really good QB doesn't do stupid things every single week.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm a JP fan. I want him to succeed. But I'm not sticking my head in the sand anymore. He BETTER start looking like a leader instead of a whipping boy or I want him GONE.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
So because he knows there's gonna be a lot of pressure coming from one side, he's supposed to magically make his reads before he even gets back into his pass drop?
I said it on ZBuds (the Packers board) this week...Royal has to be kept in to help Pennington a lot.....and he wasn't!

SABURZFAN
11-05-2006, 08:20 PM

he did?????ron pitts and terry donahoe were all over how late he was throwing the ball.that dead duck he threw to evans was only because he faked out al harris.other than that,what else did he do?not a damn thing.the defense creating turnovers helped the Bills to get this win.

ICE74129
11-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Don't question my loyalty.Well I am so now what tough guy?

Iehoshua
11-06-2006, 08:34 AM
I still have faith and want JP to play out the rest of the season, minimum.

the REAL Rudeman
11-06-2006, 08:56 AM

total bull****. I'm sick of hearing that argument. If a guy sucks, especially in such a high profile role, we have every right to hate him.

the REAL Rudeman
11-06-2006, 08:56 AM

lmao!

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Well I am so now what tough guy?
:rofl: Ok waterboy.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm a fan of watching JP become the waterboy personally!

Wraith
11-06-2006, 10:04 AM

What are you referencing when you say that 3 of the 5 sacks have been credited as Losman's fault? Which three? Is there a source?

Not a criticism, I am just interested in seeing the analysis.

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:28 AM
He needs to know where the pressure is coming from...that is on him. The coaching staff also needs to prepare a better gameplan to utilize his skills more. I'm still waiting for Dickey and company to utilize the rollout more.
I am waiting too. The need to rethink their current plan each week.

Bert102176
11-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm still a big supporter of JP's

TacklingDummy
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM

So says the guy who will no longer be a Bills fan if the Bills drafted Vince Young or named Holcomb the starter.

TigerJ
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM

I think it's possible for the Bills to keep it fairly close if everything goes right for the Bills. The Colts don't have a good run defense. The Bills' offensive line, or at least the left side of the line showed in can run block in the Green Bay game. Losman showed he can play a conservative game plan and not turn the ball over. Of course, Peyton Manning can light it up against the Bills, but only if he has the ball. If the Bills can use the run to eat clock and then finish drives, scoring TDs, not FGs, they can keep the Colts margin of victory to less than the current spread of 12 points. No, I'm not predicting a Bills victory. I'm not that foolish. In fact I don't expect them to be consistent enough to keep it that close, but they could

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 01:31 AM
bump....

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm still a Losman fan. He should play the rest of the season out. Has Losman been looking good? Absolutely not. But I will reserve final judgement until he gets the full year under his belt. He still has alot of games left to prove himself.