PDA

View Full Version : Pennington/Peters?

Devin
11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
How did they do? I saw Kampman had 1 sack, considering he leads the NFL and was facing a rookie 7th rounder 1 aint to bad. 3 sacks came from an interior DL'man.

Now before all the "experts" here chime in with their usual useless drivel, can anyone give me an objective idea of how our two newly placed OT's did?

While for most of you I wouldnt have to remind you, clearly most here need to be......reminded this was Penningtons first game starting, and Peters first at LT.

Jauron733
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Both seemed to get better as the game went on. Peters had two plays in a row where he screwed up - got beat around the edge and then a false start - but otherwise he seemed solid. Pennington seemed to do ok as the game went on. At one poin he kind of got tossed back, but it didn't end up affecting anything. Most of the pressure from his side was coming from their DTs barrelling through Villareal.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Both seemed to get better as the game went on. Peters had two plays in a row where he screwed up - got beat around the edge and then a false start - but otherwise he seemed solid. Pennington seemed to do ok as the game went on. At one poin he kind of got tossed back, but it didn't end up affecting anything. Most of the pressure from his side was coming from their DTs barrelling through Villareal.

Thanks coach thats pretty much what I saw..:up:

Bmax
11-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Doesn't get any easier next week it's Dwight Freeney and Mathis from the colts.....Have the bills ever heard of a draw, screen pass or what about a roll out to slow the rush....

Bmax

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
I thought Peters & Gandy did well on the left side. Pennington struggled, but hey, it was his first start. You have to give him a couple of games before you really critique him. Villarial is not looking too good right now and might be the next one replaced.

RoanokeVABillsFan
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I thought that the left side of the line was able to be used in the running game more than earlier in the year. I don't have any statistics or anything, just saw a few successful runs to the left side of the line (like the touchdown). Seemed that earlier in the year they always tried the right side on important plays (like the 4th and 1 that got stuffed) but today had more balance to both sides and more success on the left side than I remember seeing earlier. Again, the stats may prove different, but it was just a quick observation. Does anyone have any stats to prove/disprove this? A win is a win, so the change didn't hurt (even though the offense obviously isn't where it needs to be for the long run...)

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Doesn't get any easier next week it's Dwight Freeney and Mathis from the colts.....Have the bills ever heard of a draw, screen pass or what about a roll out to slow the rush....
Bmax

It's Losman's fault. Didn't you know he is the OC as well.

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM
It's Losman's fault. Didn't you know he is the OC as well.

You have got to stop making it out as if he shares no blame in the team's troubles. When you write this stuff it makes you seem less knowledgable about football.

The_Philster
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
You have got to stop making it out as if he shares no blame in the team's troubles. When you write this stuff it makes you seem less knowledgable about football.
maybe if people would start pretending they knew something about football and stopped blaming everything on the QB, sarcastic comments like his would stop

JPFBillsFan
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Replace Gandy with Reyes or Merz
Replace Villerial with Butler or Preston

Gandy and Villerial will not be Bills much longer...

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
maybe if people would start pretending they knew something about football and stopped blaming everything on the QB, sarcastic comments like his would stop

True enough, but he is the QB and it all starts at that position...right or wrong. There are a lot of teams that don't have great OL's, but their QBs seem to do just fine...at some point, he has to "get it". On a brighter note, I thought the left side of the OL looked really good.