PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Forum

JPFBillsFan
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
How do you expect for a young QB to succed on pass plays of 3rd and long every time, when you run the ball on 1st and 2nd down, mixed in some penalties, and you have the makings of a 3 and out.

No matter how poor an opponent this week, when a defense is facing 3rd & long, its not that hard.

People, JP has started 16 games, you ***** when he turns the ball over when its not his fault, you ***** when he turns the ball over and its his fault, you ***** when he forces a pass, you ***** when he holds the ball, you ***** when he doesn't turn the ball over. How does one appease you?

I'm a die hard Bills fan, look he is not Jim Kelly no one will ever be Jim Kelly. If you don't give people a legitimate chance then your doing yourself a disservice.

I don't understand the play calling one bit. IF the run is working, pound it in, set up the play action, is it that hard?

Negativity should be banned from the Media and this forum. It will never turn around if you don't give it a fair shake.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 07:45 PM
How do you expect for a young QB to succed on pass plays of 3rd and long every time, when you run the ball on 1st and 2nd down, mixed in some penalties, and you have the makings of a 3 and out.

No matter how poor an opponent this week, when a defense is facing 3rd & long, its not that hard.

People, JP has started 16 games, you ***** when he turns the ball over when its not his fault, you ***** when he turns the ball over and its his fault, you ***** when he forces a pass, you ***** when he holds the ball, you ***** when he doesn't turn the ball over. How does one appease you?

I'm a die hard Bills fan, look he is not Jim Kelly no one will ever be Jim Kelly. If you don't give people a legitimate chance then your doing yourself a disservice.

1) The Bills won the game.
2) Our QB had a 97.1 QB Rating with a TD and no turnovers.

Let's bench JP. It's his fault he isn't getting pass protection or that Josh Reed and Roscoe are getting man handled out there. It's his fault that both Evans and Royal dropped passes that hit them in the hands.

This site is starting to piss me off.

BILLSROCK1212
11-05-2006, 07:47 PM
you know what JP is a third year veteran if yur in yur third year the coaching staff should be able to have more confidence in you to let you pass more than 15 times, i've been wroting for JP all along it is not all his fault that he is not succeeding but they guy has not gotten anybetter from game 1 to game 17

Nighthawk
11-05-2006, 08:00 PM
The coaching has not been great and I think they are being to cautious with JP. Maybe they need to open it up a bit for him...maybe then we will see what the kid is made of.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-05-2006, 08:07 PM
97 QB rating is a bunch of BS here. I'm not freaking stupid... I watch and understand football... I watch other QBs and JP looks like he is afraid to throw the ball. And he holds onto it way to long.

I want him to succeed, but this offense is flat out unwatchable, and JP would have had about 53 yards passing without the evans bomb... 53 yards passing is very hard to acheive even if I was out there as the QB!

LtBillsFan66
11-05-2006, 08:10 PM

I don't understand the play calling one bit. IF the run is working, pound it in, set up the play action, is it that hard?

Negativity should be banned from the Media and this forum. It will never turn around if you don't give it a fair shake.
How do other young QBs succeed?

JP is in his 3rd year as a pro. He's no rookie. I wish people would stop treating him like one.

X-Era
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
1) The Bills won the game.
2) Our QB had a 97.1 QB Rating with a TD and no turnovers.

Let's bench JP. It's his fault he isn't getting pass protection or that Josh Reed and Roscoe are getting man handled out there. It's his fault that both Evans and Royal dropped passes that hit them in the hands.

This site is starting to piss me off.

The entire thing revolves around culpability.

If the team wins, its NOT because of JP.

If the team losses, its because of JP.

Its fools that think that this game is won and lost by the QB.

His pass protection sucked today. period. flat out sucked.

JP also made a few mistakes by not throwing the ball away. But id rather he eat it then get an INT.

I watched a team today rally around JP when he threw the TD. Did anyone else notice players grabbing him and lifting him up?

I listened to his post game comments and he mentioned 6 or 7 long throws to Evans where he didnt get the extra 1/2 second to complete them. I just feel like if you work on the pass protection and add a WR who demands coverage on the other side of Evans, we will get plenty of yards and completions. I also cant figure out why they dont roll JP out more.

YardRat
11-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Mix in some incomplete passes and sacks, also. Good teams overcome penalties, overcome sacks, and convert on third down.

The offense has executed poorly all year, save the game against the Jets.

Don't turn the ball over with regularity, don't force passes, don't consistently hold on to the ball too long, show a little bit ability with timing and decision-making, and show some leadership. That would appease me.

I don't expect him to be Jim Kelly. I also don't expect him to be Todd Collins. He's a third-year professional in his second season of starting...that's legit in my book.

Complete a pass more than a couple of times per quarter IF the run is working, passing shouldn't be that difficult. Is it that hard? Is it too much to ask?

Please. If you can't handle dissenting opinions, what the hell are you doing on a message board in the first place? Nothing less interesting than a bunch of Yes men.
<!-- / message -->