• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

The WR's Outside Of Lee Evans All Stink

Leave the JP crap out of this thread for a second. Just an observation from the stands, regardless who our QB is.

Our WR's not named Lee Evans do not get ANY seperation, nor try to scramble for open space when the QB is in trouble. This has been going on for several weeks and becomes more infuriating each game.

Loyalties to ANY of these guys is laughable, in my view. Price, Reed, Parrish and Davis all saw action today and just jogged through most of their routes. If anyone mentions the WR's were not getting open in the papers tomorrow, BELIEVE THEM. Royal dropped a couple balls and cannot be counted on.

Outside of Evans ,( who is hustling but double teamed ) any of these guys could be cut after this year and I wouldn't care a bit. They should be ashamed to collect a paycheck. I watched them quit on routes all day...AGAIN !

Pleased we stole a win but this is a serious need next year...to go with the OL, DL, MLB and others...
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: The WR's Outside Of Lee Evans All Stink

yeah, they have not been very good. That's why I don't understand why we don't give Andre Davis a shot and sit Price on the bench. Would it hurt to give this guy a shot?

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

Anyone know what FA WR's are available next season?
      Darrell jackson from Seattle would be great.
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Let's get a full O-line, then JP will have some time to make them look better.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Finally somebody is getting it around here. JP's hanging onto the ball because nobody is open.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Marv
            Anyone know what FA WR's are available next season?
            Darrell jackson from Seattle would be great.
            agreed but he is injury prone

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Deep WR class, can probably find great quality in the 3rd round and later. I think Parrish has alot of potential, and he has atleast two plays of over 40 yards this year so he has big play capabilities. Other than that, its a dime a dozen WR corp.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Deep WR class, can probably find great quality in the 3rd round and later. I think Parrish has alot of potential, and he has atleast two plays of over 40 yards this year so he has big play capabilities. Other than that, its a dime a dozen WR corp.
                I agree, Parrish has potential though I doubt he will ever be more then a number 3 wide receiver, which is fine as long as he brings big play potential to the table. Bills are in desperate need of a solid number 2 wider receiver. Reed and Price are very replaceable and it is evident now that the contracts they were given were mistakes.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  yeah, they have not been very good. That's why I don't understand why we don't give Andre Davis a shot and sit Price on the bench. Would it hurt to give this guy a shot?
                  He did have some chances and was just as bad. He let up on routes. His saving grace is some ability on ST's as a gunner.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Finally somebody is getting it around here. JP's hanging onto the ball because nobody is open.

That is part of the problem. You don't see this while watching games on TV, but I've noticed some real shabby route running.

I also think JP is holding onto the ball too long because he is still not seeing the filed as well as we would like.

I don't think were going to get too many top WR's to be interested in Buffalo via Free Agency.

Comment

• M
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I really like Parrish but he's tiny! He had me a little worried after he caught a pass and ran into a defender. He looked shaken up, like he wanted to pass out or throw up. Did anyone see that??
                      Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

Agree. Outside of Evans and Parrish as a 3rd or 4th you can cut the rest today and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
                        Good thing they brought Price back for 2.5 mil., what a waste.
                        Nice 2nd round pick on a kick returner and a 4th receiver, because thats really what Parrish is.
                        Donadumb struck again with that pick, that early.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I am telling you, if we can get an O-line, every other part of the offense will improve.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                            I am telling you, if we can get an O-line, every other part of the offense will improve.
                            totally agreed

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                              the same thing can be said about the QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X