PDA

View Full Version : Overall view on the offense

BILLSROCK1212
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay so Mcgahee is gonna be out most likely for a a game or even more so we can see what the A-Train is or can be but he isn't the long term answer and neither is McGahee. Both backs are definetly good backs but they are not every down backs. I've said it more than once and I will say it again we need another RB! Preferably we add a slash type back since we really do not have one. We need a RB who can break a big run.

Although I do not believe that JP Losman is not the Bills quarterback of the future I do believe that JP's poor play is not totally his fault nor is it his offensive linemans faults. Jp clearly does not get rid of the ball quickly enough but the running game for most of the season has not been good enough to give us a balanced attack. Our WRs also can't be getting open because if they were then JP would be getting them the ball much quicker. If JP only passes 15 times and completes 8 something is going wrong because both of those numbers are way to small.

I honestly have no clue what is up with this offense this year. The only players on the offensive side of the ball that seem to be productive except for Lee Evans and Jason Peters. It's time this offseason to totally and I mean totally rebuild this offense.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Overall view of the offense simplified:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/phd/PHD272/BS05019.jpg

YardRat
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
The offense doesn't have enough talent in any area that is capable of making up for other's mistakes and miscues.

The QB isn't good enough to make plays when the blocking breaks down, the wrong play is called, the running game isn't working, or the receivers aren't getting open.

The offensive line isn't good enough to overcome a poor performance by the skill positions.

The skill positions aren't good enough to make plays when the offensive line is struggling, the QB is struggling, or they get caught in a poor play call.

The coaching isn't good enough to overcome the overall lack of talent.

Unless every aspect of this offense is working perfectly, which is rare, they can't function at all. One aspect breaks down, and it all goes to hell because nobody else is talented enough to make up for it.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I just wanted to make it easier reading for everyone.

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Well if we had an O-line, i can almost guarantee that we would be at least .500 right now.