X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Peters looked like......

An NFL Left Tackle. How lucky are we to have that fall into our laps?

He played with an attitude, although on a few plays he was out of position.

I feel good about him, and it will help our draft philosophy immensly next year.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Peters looked like......

Originally posted by BidsJr
    An NFL Left Tackle. How lucky are we to have that fall into our laps?

He played with an attitude, although on a few plays he was out of position.

I feel good about him, and it will help our draft philosophy immensly next year.
    You beat me to this thread.. I was just about to create one. And yes, he looked great. Green Bay has a formidable pass rush, as much as their pass d sucks.

If Peters keeps up the good work, we can use our 1st rounder on the best player available. I think a RT could be found in the later rounds or through FA.

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      You beat me to this thread.. I was just about to create one. And yes, he looked great. Green Bay has a formidable pass rush, as much as their pass d sucks.

If Peters keeps up the good work, we can use our 1st rounder on the best player available. I think a RT could be found in the later rounds or through FA.
      And he's locked up (:
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• GarnOFreak
        • Aug 2004

I really liked Peters the year he came out...I was chewing my fingernails for us to pick him in the third round(where he was projected to us in several mocks). I was stunned when he went undrafted and elated when he signed here as a Unsigned Free Agent. I still want to see him used for a Tackle Eligible pass now and then though, the guy can catch (JP's 1st TD ever remember?)
        "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
        Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Rerun the tape guys...he was good but he wasn't an A grade out there...there were more than a couple of plays when the end blew by him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

for his first game at LT was pretty solid hes got 8 more games to make him self a real LT to show we only need to draft a RT and guards in next years draft and more dlineman

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              Rerun the tape guys...he was good but he wasn't an A grade out there...there were more than a couple of plays when the end blew by him.

Saw the tape just fine and never gave him an A grade.

Just commented that he looked like a real LT and played with an attitude.

There were also a few plays where he buried the DE into the turf.

Comment

• theanswer74
                • Apr 2004

Yeah Peters put KGB on his butt more than once. He will have to get used to the speed rush, he got beat once by KGB.

Big test this week against Freeney and Mathis. He has to be disciplined and not reach just mirror them. They spin and spin, if you reach its over.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by GarnOFreak
                  I really liked Peters the year he came out...I was chewing my fingernails for us to pick him in the third round(where he was projected to us in several mocks). I was stunned when he went undrafted and elated when he signed here as a Unsigned Free Agent. I still want to see him used for a Tackle Eligible pass now and then though, the guy can catch (JP's 1st TD ever remember?)
                  Man, these sound like my words verbatim!!! I've been preaching for us to start Peters at LT since TC and all I got were answers such as...no, we should do it next year. And it always baffled me as to why we should wait an extra year for no reason!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Peters got burned more than a few times on the ouside but hung in their and played tough. He's going to be great. He has alot of pride and is absolutely my favorite player on the team. I actually think that Pennington might make it as well. Gandy was good on running plays but horrible in pass protection. He's as good as gone.

PS. It was great watching us run to the left side for a change.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

For his first start at LT, I thought Peters did an outstanding job. He did get beat on at least one occasion I can remember, but even the elite LTs in the league aren't necessarily going to have a perfect afternoon against KGB. I watched him very closely in the second half, and it looked to me like he was totally handling KGB in pass protection. There was one play where we had it at our own 5 or so, and Peters practically ran KGB out of the back of the endzone.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

i was really looking forward to seein how mcgahee played behind the new OL, he was lookin like he was going to break some big ones if he was in the game the whole time...oh well. imagine what mcgahee coulda done if a-train did that well

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          Well lets not get technical, the guy played his first game ever at the most important spot on a crappy O-line. He didn't do bad. And I am sure that he will only get better.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                            i was really looking forward to seein how mcgahee played behind the new OL, he was lookin like he was going to break some big ones if he was in the game the whole time...oh well. imagine what mcgahee coulda done if a-train did that well
                            Let me tell you how McGahee would have done. He would have missed the holes completey and tripped over JP's untied shoe lace.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Let me tell you how McGahee would have done. He would have missed the holes completey and tripped over JP's untied shoe lace.
                              I'm not in love with McGahee but let's give credit where credit is due. McGahee was doing well in the 1st quarter before his injury and came extremely close to breaking one. A-Train did okay, and isn't bad, but he does not have McGahee's cutting ability. Against poor Run-D teams like GB and maybe even the Colts next week, he'll do good. But against another, he will look poor and be easily shutdown.

Having McGahee on the bench is not something we should be celebrating. Since when does one celebrate having a weapon sit on the bench? If we choose to not keep him next year, then we need to find a replacement, b'cse what we have is not good enough in the long term. A-Train is getting on in his years and doesn't have cutback ability. Like it or not, McGahee is our starting RB and until he is not, we should support him!

Comment

Working...
                              X