PDA

View Full Version : Peters looked like......

BidsJr
11-05-2006, 10:50 PM
An NFL Left Tackle. How lucky are we to have that fall into our laps?

He played with an attitude, although on a few plays he was out of position.

I feel good about him, and it will help our draft philosophy immensly next year.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
An NFL Left Tackle. How lucky are we to have that fall into our laps?

He played with an attitude, although on a few plays he was out of position.

I feel good about him, and it will help our draft philosophy immensly next year.
You beat me to this thread.. I was just about to create one. And yes, he looked great. Green Bay has a formidable pass rush, as much as their pass d sucks.

If Peters keeps up the good work, we can use our 1st rounder on the best player available. I think a RT could be found in the later rounds or through FA.

BidsJr
11-05-2006, 11:03 PM
You beat me to this thread.. I was just about to create one. And yes, he looked great. Green Bay has a formidable pass rush, as much as their pass d sucks.

If Peters keeps up the good work, we can use our 1st rounder on the best player available. I think a RT could be found in the later rounds or through FA.

And he's locked up (:

GarnOFreak
11-06-2006, 12:37 AM
I really liked Peters the year he came out...I was chewing my fingernails for us to pick him in the third round(where he was projected to us in several mocks). I was stunned when he went undrafted and elated when he signed here as a Unsigned Free Agent. I still want to see him used for a Tackle Eligible pass now and then though, the guy can catch (JP's 1st TD ever remember?)

Ebenezer
11-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Rerun the tape guys...he was good but he wasn't an A grade out there...there were more than a couple of plays when the end blew by him.

djjimkelly
11-06-2006, 02:09 AM
for his first game at LT was pretty solid hes got 8 more games to make him self a real LT to show we only need to draft a RT and guards in next years draft and more dlineman

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Rerun the tape guys...he was good but he wasn't an A grade out there...there were more than a couple of plays when the end blew by him.

Saw the tape just fine and never gave him an A grade.

Just commented that he looked like a real LT and played with an attitude.

There were also a few plays where he buried the DE into the turf.

theanswer74
11-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah Peters put KGB on his butt more than once. He will have to get used to the speed rush, he got beat once by KGB.

Big test this week against Freeney and Mathis. He has to be disciplined and not reach just mirror them. They spin and spin, if you reach its over.

mysticsoto
11-06-2006, 08:46 AM
I really liked Peters the year he came out...I was chewing my fingernails for us to pick him in the third round(where he was projected to us in several mocks). I was stunned when he went undrafted and elated when he signed here as a Unsigned Free Agent. I still want to see him used for a Tackle Eligible pass now and then though, the guy can catch (JP's 1st TD ever remember?)

Man, these sound like my words verbatim!!! I've been preaching for us to start Peters at LT since TC and all I got were answers such as...no, we should do it next year. And it always baffled me as to why we should wait an extra year for no reason!!!

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Peters got burned more than a few times on the ouside but hung in their and played tough. He's going to be great. He has alot of pride and is absolutely my favorite player on the team. I actually think that Pennington might make it as well. Gandy was good on running plays but horrible in pass protection. He's as good as gone.

PS. It was great watching us run to the left side for a change.

Saratoga Slim
11-06-2006, 09:03 AM
For his first start at LT, I thought Peters did an outstanding job. He did get beat on at least one occasion I can remember, but even the elite LTs in the league aren't necessarily going to have a perfect afternoon against KGB. I watched him very closely in the second half, and it looked to me like he was totally handling KGB in pass protection. There was one play where we had it at our own 5 or so, and Peters practically ran KGB out of the back of the endzone.

raphael120
11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
i was really looking forward to seein how mcgahee played behind the new OL, he was lookin like he was going to break some big ones if he was in the game the whole time...oh well. imagine what mcgahee coulda done if a-train did that well

jamze132
11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Well lets not get technical, the guy played his first game ever at the most important spot on a crappy O-line. He didn't do bad. And I am sure that he will only get better.

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 09:17 AM
i was really looking forward to seein how mcgahee played behind the new OL, he was lookin like he was going to break some big ones if he was in the game the whole time...oh well. imagine what mcgahee coulda done if a-train did that well

Let me tell you how McGahee would have done. He would have missed the holes completey and tripped over JP's untied shoe lace.

mysticsoto
11-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Let me tell you how McGahee would have done. He would have missed the holes completey and tripped over JP's untied shoe lace.

I'm not in love with McGahee but let's give credit where credit is due. McGahee was doing well in the 1st quarter before his injury and came extremely close to breaking one. A-Train did okay, and isn't bad, but he does not have McGahee's cutting ability. Against poor Run-D teams like GB and maybe even the Colts next week, he'll do good. But against another, he will look poor and be easily shutdown.

Having McGahee on the bench is not something we should be celebrating. Since when does one celebrate having a weapon sit on the bench? If we choose to not keep him next year, then we need to find a replacement, b'cse what we have is not good enough in the long term. A-Train is getting on in his years and doesn't have cutback ability. Like it or not, McGahee is our starting RB and until he is not, we should support him!

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 09:25 AM
One thing I noticed was how he was using his hands when he got burned. Was almost like he had the technique backward.

He was using his left hand to drive into the DE instead of his right.

That made it easier for the DE to turn the corner on him.

I think this will be fixed with a bit off time.

bflojohn
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
One mans trash, anothers treasure.... I am one lonely voice who actually thought that Mike Gandy did a fine job in his first test at OLG. In time, with Jason Peters next to him, Gandys' game should improve as they learn to work together. The sacks on the day were ALL registered on the offensive right side where Chris "turnstile" Villarrial and Terrence Pennington reside. TP had his hands full with Aaron Kampman, but did battle really hard! Villarrial, on the other hand, was handed his lunch by non-other that Corey Williams! Please mentally raise your hand IF you knew Corey Williams before CV made him a star?!?! I didn't think so.....

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
One mans trash, anothers treasure.... I am one lonely voice who actually thought that Mike Gandy did a fine job in his first test at OLG. In time, with Jason Peters next to him, Gandys' game should improve as they learn to work together. The sacks on the day were ALL registered on the offensive right side where Chris "turnstile" Villarrial and Terrence Pennington reside. TP had his hands full with Aaron Kampman, but did battle really hard! Villarrial, on the other hand, was handed his lunch by non-other that Corey Williams! Please mentally raise your hand IF you knew Corey Williams before CV made him a star?!?! I didn't think so.....

Villarrial was horrible. I'd be happy if they went to Mertz.

mysticsoto
11-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Villarrial was horrible. I'd be happy if they went to Mertz.

If Mertz isn't ready then Duke. Yes, Duke still makes mistakes but the question is, does he make more than Villarial???

Once Reyes is 100%, I suspect he'll get moved to RG. He was playing well before. Despite what people think of Gandy, he played okay on his 1st day at LG. The whole left side showed they were the strong side by far. Jauron needs to do something about Villarial. It will not help TP's development to have such an obvious turnstile by his side...

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Make that Peters, Gandy and Fowler looked pretty good. Thats enough to anchor a line around. Now we only need a RG and RT. I think Merz may be the answer at RG. I am however, not high on Pennington, and I am undecided on Butler.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Make that Peters, Gandy and Fowler looked pretty good. Thats enough to anchor a line around. Now we only need a RG and RT. I think Merz may be the answer at RG. I am however, not high on Pennington, and I am undecided on Butler.

What about Pennington makes you not high on him? Then undecided on Butler?

The coaches obviously think more of Pennington right now even though he was drafted later.