• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

A disturbing thing about JP...

They always show Peyton Manning on the sidelines looking at pictures, speaking with coaches, talking with fellow offensive players...we were watching JP during the game...not much of that going on at all...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: A disturbing thing about JP...

You've been to many games. What does JP do on the sidelines outside of TV shots?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      You've been to many games. What does JP do on the sidelines outside of TV shots?
      granted we are watching the defense when they are on the field but I've watched JP's sideline stuff...

not much...you rarely see him looking at pics and he doesn't seem to talk to teammates...he talks with KH...I've never seen him go near Nall or JD.

Personally? He looks lost out there.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Why does he have to be a buddy-buddy good ol boy to be a leader? He's just the quiet type it doesn't mean he's lost.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Why does he have to be a buddy-buddy good ol boy to be a leader? He's just the quiet type it doesn't mean he's lost.
          I'm old school. QB=leader.

I'm not asking him to be buddy-buddy. I am asking him to be the QB of this team and do the things necessary to be the BEST QB he can be. 8/15 for 102 yards? Yes, he has no OL but if he doesn't start hitting guys that are open (and waiting) he isn't going to impress anybody.

I've said it before...put a "real" OL in front of him and give him until the bye week next year to show what he has...

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

JP not preparing himself between series rests partially on the coaching staff IMO. Not only should JP be making efforts himself, but the coaches should have personnel with the info ready to go and be working with JP disecting what it is they want him to notice.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

I agree that is part coaching problem too. And dont forget JP hit 2 recievers right in the hands with the ball and they dropped them.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

JP pretty much looks lost on the field too...so maybe that's just his style.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I agree that this falls as much on the coaches shoulders as it does JP's. If JP can't bring himself to display leadership qualities, then the caoches have to at least attempt to force it on him or drag it out of him.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    JP pretty much looks lost on the field too...so maybe that's just his style.

it shows as far as his career record goes.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

JP still doesn't have enough sense not to stare down the play from start to finish. He's not bright enough to be an NFL QB.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

He needs an O-line.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          They always show Peyton Manning on the sidelines looking at pictures, speaking with coaches, talking with fellow offensive players...we were watching JP during the game...not much of that going on at all...

if he's going to be any good ever...then his problem is he's already studied too darn much and has no clue how to implement what he knows. Throwing more info into the pile during a game isn't going to help him. He's got to learn how to use what he already knows first then he can work on adding things during the game.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

which, by the way, is why he looks lost. He is lost. He doesn't know what he's doing. Maybe someday he will.

Comment

• the REAL Rudeman
                              • Jul 2002

Eb, this is a great point. The greats are ALWAYS trying to find ways to improve.

Guys like Miyagi and Mike can groan all they want. Either the truth hurts or they know nothing about sports. Phrases like "quiet type" or "buddy-buddy" have NOTHING to do with this argument.
                              I solve problems with violence.

Comment

Working...
                              X