PDA

View Full Version : London Fletcher Baker

Forward_Lateral
11-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Seems to be thriving in the Cover 2. I dont' care how old he is, letting him go would be very detrimental to this team. I hope he re-signs and retires a Bill.

The King
11-06-2006, 06:43 AM
I love Fletch... he also comes with veteran leadership which I think is crucial to this young defense.

M
11-06-2006, 07:45 AM
He was all over the field yesterday making plays. Big mistake if we don't sign him next year. He needs to stay a BILL!

alohabillsfan
11-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I just hope his play continues... He was awesome yesterday!

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Seems to be thriving in the Cover 2. I dont' care how old he is, letting him go would be very detrimental to this team. I hope he re-signs and retires a Bill.

what the hell are you talking about? He had a TD on the first play of the season, a great game yesterday, and nothing in between. I don't want to take away from what he did against the Packers, but before that he had been mediocre all season.

It's amazing how one win at home against a bad team makes everyone forget 6 ****ty games.

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:44 AM
It's not like we won't have the cap room to resign one of our better players. I will be upset if he isn't resigned or someone better isn't brought in to replace him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2006, 07:46 AM
We should keep Fletcher.

madness
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
what the hell are you talking about? He had a TD on the first play of the season, a great game yesterday, and nothing in between. I don't want to take away from what he did against the Packers, but before that he had been mediocre all season.

It's amazing how one win at home against a bad team makes everyone forget 6 ****ty games.

:rolleyes: If leading the team in tackles (6th overall in the nfl, tied for 2nd overall in solo tackles), 2 int's, 2 sacks, 2 td's, 7 pass defended and 1 fumble recovery is mediocre, I can't wait until he starts playing up to par!

OpIv37
11-07-2006, 12:59 PM
:rolleyes: If leading the team in tackles (6th overall in the nfl, tied for 2nd overall in solo tackles), 2 int's, 2 sacks, 2 td's, 7 pass defended and 1 fumble recovery is mediocre, I can't wait until he starts playing up to par!

this "leading the team in tackles" is such BS because the tackles are all 7 yards past the LOS. Like I said- he had a great game against GB- 1 TD, 1 of the INT's, 3 of the 7 passes defended came in ONE game. That means the other 7 were pretty friggin mediocre.

Sometimes I don't know what games you people watch. Or maybe that's not the problem- it's which games you choose to remember. The first game against NE and the one against GB are the only ones that matter- for some reason, the 6 where Fletcher sucked don't count.

And we'll have the cap room to re-sign him but it's a matter of value- do we want to spend that much for a guy on the wrong side of 30 on a team that's supposedly rebuilding?

Dicknoze69
11-07-2006, 01:20 PM
I gotta agree with Op; I thought Fletch was mediocre between the NE and GB games. I also don't think he's a great fit for our defense. His cover ability is suspect because he can't cover the deep middle that well. I think he played atrocious in the 2nd NE game when Brady and Co. ate him alive underneath his zone.

And this is coming from someone who owns Fletcher's jersey.

raphael120
11-07-2006, 01:24 PM
we need someone more urlacher-esque. one in the making at least

madness
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
this "leading the team in tackles" is such BS because the tackles are all 7 yards past the LOS. Like I said- he had a great game against GB- 1 TD, 1 of the INT's, 3 of the 7 passes defended came in ONE game. That means the other 7 were pretty friggin mediocre.

Sometimes I don't know what games you people watch. Or maybe that's not the problem- it's which games you choose to remember. The first game against NE and the one against GB are the only ones that matter- for some reason, the 6 where Fletcher sucked don't count.

And we'll have the cap room to re-sign him but it's a matter of value- do we want to spend that much for a guy on the wrong side of 30 on a team that's supposedly rebuilding?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4370

Obviously Chris Brown and Fewell no nothing about football either. It's amazing you haven't landed a job in the NFL with all your insight.

Fletcher is one of the main players holding this defense together. This guy is putting up monster league leading numbers, making plays he shouldn't even have to make, and helping the D making necessary adjustments but supposedly he's having a mediocre season. Give me a break.

Typ0
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4370

Obviously Chris Brown and Fewell no nothing about football either. It's amazing you haven't landed a job in the NFL with all your insight.

oh yeah...a staff journalist and coach are great examples...no bias in this arguement at all.

madness
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
oh yeah...a staff journalist and coach are great examples...no bias in this arguement at all.

Didn't see that argument a mile away. At least they know football. Anybody that knows how to break down film would see the outstanding play Fletcher has been giving all season. Anybody that played defensive football knows how hard it is to make a tackle with 21 other players all over the field. I don't care if it's 3 yards behind the line or 5 yards out, a tackle is ****ing tackle.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Best post so far this week.

Agree 100%. Fletcher is a warrior and when he shows frustration in the media, its because he cares.

He plays his ass off every week and he's been VERY PRODUCTIVE, especially when the DT's actually take on an interior blocker every now and then.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:33 PM

While Im one the same side of the fence with you a lot more often than I"m on the other side, Im going to go ahead and disagree with you here.

Fletcher has been the MOST consistent player on this entire team this season, outside of our kicker and punter (which is really sad)

He does lead the team in tackles, they're not all seven yards down the field either. He has two touchdowns, which is more than Willis McGahee, Josh Reed Peerless price, etc and I think as many as Evans.. He also made the play of the game against Minnesota with a diving interception.

Sunday is a PERFECT example of what Fletcher does when the DT's in front of them actualy dont have their heads up their asses and play football. Tripplett finally had a monster game, you think it was a coincidence that Fletcher was all over the place?

no MBL in the NFL, not Urlacher, Lewis, Thomas.. nobody is going to be able to make a ton of big plays when the DT's are getting blown away leaving one or two lineman to hit him on every play.

Fletcher is not only the most consistent player on this team, he's one of the most underated players (even as his age) in the ENTIRE NFL...

People forget about last year's pathetic team as well when Fletcher was CLEARLY the best player all season long.

I'll be PISSED if we dont at least make a big effort to resign him.. Unfortunately, I think these big plays he's making is going to drive his price out of buffalo's range.

Thurmal
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Fletcher is the heart and soul of the defense and has been for several years.

Crisis
11-08-2006, 10:06 PM
That is kind of depressing that Fletcher has as many TDs as our best offensive player (Evans).

Yikes...

ParanoidAndroid
11-08-2006, 10:19 PM
5 of his 7 passes defensed were against GB. That is the most amazing stat of the game. The thing is, for some reason, he isn't usually very good in coverage. It would be a shame, though, to let him walk. As much as I like the idea of drafting Patrick Willis, Fletcher is making a case to be re-signed.

OpIv37
11-08-2006, 10:24 PM
While Im one the same side of the fence with you a lot more often than I"m on the other side, Im going to go ahead and disagree with you here.

Fletcher has been the MOST consistent player on this entire team this season, outside of our kicker and punter (which is really sad)

He does lead the team in tackles, they're not all seven yards down the field either. He has two touchdowns, which is more than Willis McGahee, Josh Reed Peerless price, etc and I think as many as Evans.. He also made the play of the game against Minnesota with a diving interception.

Sunday is a PERFECT example of what Fletcher does when the DT's in front of them actualy dont have their heads up their asses and play football. Tripplett finally had a monster game, you think it was a coincidence that Fletcher was all over the place?

no MBL in the NFL, not Urlacher, Lewis, Thomas.. nobody is going to be able to make a ton of big plays when the DT's are getting blown away leaving one or two lineman to hit him on every play.

Fletcher is not only the most consistent player on this team, he's one of the most underated players (even as his age) in the ENTIRE NFL...

People forget about last year's pathetic team as well when Fletcher was CLEARLY the best player all season long.

I'll be PISSED if we dont at least make a big effort to resign him.. Unfortunately, I think these big plays he's making is going to drive his price out of buffalo's range.

You know, I think there's something here that I don't get. If MLB's and CB's are so dependent on the play of the DL, why do teams shell out such big bucks for them? Fletcher has good games when the DL has good games- ie, when we play piss-poor offenses. Seems to me a player who's less skilled and costs less than Fletch could get the job done with the right DL.

The guys an MLB so there are going to be a lot of plays coming his way- that's where he gets the tackles (especially since our DT's are so crappy- everyone runs right up the middle at us). And he's made a few big plays at times, but he's really only had 2 good games out of 8.

As far as re-signing him, I'm not really sure. He's on the wrong side of 30 and Rosenass is his agent. I think he's going to demand far more than he's worth.

Tiburon1724
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
hi I've never heard him called Fletcher Baker before this season, always Fletcher. Why is this?

G. Host
11-09-2006, 12:42 AM
hi I've never heard him called Fletcher Baker before this season, always Fletcher. Why is this?

He legally changed his name in offseason to London Fletcher-Baker to honor his father and grandfather but did not want to change his jersey since there are a lot of fans with his jersey.

Night Train
11-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Here is something to consider. Before reacting, think for a minute.

I'm always watching Fletcher getting drilled by Guards on plays up the middle. The inability of the DL to keep the OL off of the LB's, be it the scheme or lack of talent, isn't doing Fletcher any favors. He's not that big. Yet the guy flys in open space and makes great tackles. Hard to ignore his unquestioned effort and heart.

TKO looks like a shell of his former self at OLB and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a cap cut during the upcoming winter. What about moving Fletcher outside and moving someone else (Crowell or a big draft pick/FA signing) inside ?

This all hinges on Fletcher being reasonable at the bargaining table, being on the bad side of 30. I just don't see other teams lining up to make him their MLB. Film doesn't lie. But his leadership and ability to move in open space is top shelf. I don't think the transition would be hard for him at all. Plus we need a true team Captain and he's by far the most respected guy in the locker room.

Flame away, haters.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I remember people doubting Fletch in the Cover 2. They were saying he didnt fit the system.. Gosh, if I could only remember the names of the people that were saying that!

ParanoidAndroid
11-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I remember people doubting Fletch in the Cover 2. They were saying he didnt fit the system.. Gosh, if I could only remember the names of the people that were saying that!

I did, but not because of the type of player he is, but because of how he is slowing down gradually. I simply doubt he will be at this level much longer. He still holds an edge over McGee and Evans as my favorite Bill.

Kerr
11-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't get rid of fletch either.