PDA

View Full Version : I would like to know why they don't...

Earthquake Enyart
11-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Roll out JP or run that shotgun option like Atlanta. Even bootleg him out once or twice a game.

JP isn't a pocket passer. That should be obvious by now. I would like to see if JP could use his mobility to improve his play.

Michael82
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Roll out JP or run that shotgun option like Atlanta. Even bootleg him out once or twice a game.

JP isn't a pocket passer. That should be obvious by now. I would like to see if JP could use his mobility to improve his play.
Good point. I have been begging for them to utilize him to his style of play, but they continue to try to use him as a pocket passer. It makes no sense. His best plays in the last 2 years are when he is on the run.

Earthquake Enyart
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Mike, don't agree with me. It makes me look bad.

Inetpub
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Earth, I think its cause they want JP to learn to read Defenses. Putting him out there an allowing him to roll out limits his options. Once he moves out of the pocket, it takes another few seconds to plant and pass to the opposite side of the field. Even the most strongest armed QBs will have problems moving left and throwing it to a reciever on the right side of the field without planting his feet. Thats not to say that he cant throw to the nearest reciever. But thats about it. He has a choice to run or to throw to the nearest reciever.

Staying in the pocket allows you to survey the field and not rush a play. Then when its right, make the pass. If he starts rolling out, he really doesnt get to see where the play could have lead him. If the pocket starts to collapse, hes gotta learn to take the step forward and throw the ball away(at a reciever or off the field). I think fairchild really wants JP to learn to read Defenses and use JP's abilities for the best options. Then, if there are no options, use JP's feet. But wait it out till he is 100% sure there is no options.