PDA

View Full Version : JP looked like POOP yesterday.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 08:34 AM
I am really beginning to wonder about him. We have nothing else so I guess he gets the whole season.

Earthquake Enyart
11-06-2006, 08:56 AM
This performance, coming off a bye week playing against the 30th ranked passing defense. was VERY disappointing.

NALL BALL starts after Indianapolis.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 08:57 AM
This performance, coming off a bye week playing against the 30th ranked passing defense. was VERY disappointing.

JP is not making sufficient progress and has been very disappointing. But if you think Craig friggin Nall is the answer, you're as delusional as Skooby.

Face it, we're not making the playoffs. We need to let JP play out the season, so at the very least we don't have a qb controversy for next year too.

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
I started a Nall Ball chant at the bar.

JP was terrible. I don't care if he didn't turn the ball over. His passes were so underthrown that the DBs didn't have a chance to intercept them either.

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2006, 08:59 AM
JP is not making sufficient progress and has been very disappointing. But if you think Craig friggin Nall is the answer, you're as delusional as Skooby.
I'd rather see what he has so we find out if we should dump all 3 this offseason.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I DON'T WANT NALL BALL DAMMIT!

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 09:02 AM

Nall is third string for a reason.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I'd rather see what he has so we find out if we should dump all 3 this offseason.

I'd rather let JP play out the season because if he doesn't get any better, there will be no doubt that we should dump him and the QB controversy will end. Or, at least, JP will be one less name in the hat.

If we play Nall now, there's some credence to the "JP didn't get enough starts and he had a crappy OL" argument.

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Another stupid post. Darft a rookie and see what you'll get. JP completed over 50% of his passes, threw for a TD, didn't turn the ball over. Was it his fault that we kept putting him in 3rd and long all day?! That Royal and Evans both dropped balls that hit them in their hands? That our OL can't give him 4 seconds in the pocket?

I hope Nall get's a start just so it will shut up all of you incredibly stupid fans. When the Bills have an OL than you can ***** and complain all you want. Until than go root for Vince Young.

jamze132
11-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Well since I don't think we will be drafting a LT with our first round pick anymore, it may be beneficial to start thinking about the QB position in the draft.

There is still a lot of time left in this season to see if JP "gets it", and he should be given the remainder of the season. It's obvious that if he is playing game 16 like he did game 3, then we made need another solution at QB. But he shouldn't be threatened to lose his job this year. Give him his time to shine and if he doesn't, then we'll move on.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Another stupid post. Darft a rookie and see what you'll get. JP completed over 50% of his passes, threw for a TD, didn't turn the ball over. Was it his fault that we kept putting him in 3rd and long all day?! That Royal and Evans both dropped balls that hit them in their hands? That our OL can't give him 4 seconds in the pocket?

I hope Nall get's a start just so it will shut up all of you incredibly stupid fans. When the Bills have an OL than you can ***** and complain all you want. Until than go root for Vince Young.

and JP has NOTHING to do with why we were in a lot of those 3rd and longs? The OL didn't overthrow Evans twice or hit Royal in the feet. And while the pass blocking was bad, JP struggled to make decisions in the instances where he did have time.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Nall is third string for a reason.
and considering how bad Holcomb showed himself to be in preseason :ill:

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 09:28 AM
revamp Rivers' OL, take away LT and gates and you'll see the same result from Rivers.

Patrick76777
11-06-2006, 09:31 AM

Face it, we're not making the playoffs. We need to let JP play out the season, so at the very least we don't have a qb controversy for next year too.
It’s not that he thinks Nall is the answer, but why not see what we got! We know Holcomb is not the answer, it’s becoming obvious that Losman is not the answer. And so I think his point, and I know that my point is that, why not see what Nall has in a few NFL regular season games?

What do we have to lose? Nall looks just as bad as JP, we’ll know that we need to make a big QB move. If Nall plays well, then maybe we have a guy for next year.

Either that or we just let JP play out the string and most likely get more of what we’ve been watching for the last 2 years.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 09:35 AM
How about Nall gets a couple starts at the end of the season if JP does not improve?

Earthquake Enyart
11-06-2006, 09:36 AM
JP gets Indy and probably Houston.

If he sucks balls in those 2 games it's time for Nall Ball.

Inetpub
11-06-2006, 09:41 AM
JP holds the ball tooo damn long! And whats with the short passes? 1 week off and 2 weeks of practice. and 8 weeks into the season you think he'd be in line with knowing where everyone is.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 09:44 AM
JP gets Indy and probably Houston.

If he sucks balls in those 2 games it's time for Nall Ball.
No I say we only give NALL BALL the last 1 or 2 games.

ICE74129
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
No QB is going to succeed until we upgrade no less than three OL positions. Villarial was a turnstile yesterday as was our RT. That put fowler in a bad position as well.

I am not happy with Gandy's play at LG either but what can you do? Maybe now marv sees the pure crap we have for talent on the OL and will FINALLY address it this next offseason.

Patrick76777
11-06-2006, 09:58 AM
No QB is going to succeed until we upgrade no less than three OL positions. Villarial was a turnstile yesterday as was our RT. That put fowler in a bad position as well.

I am not happy with Gandy's play at LG either but what can you do? Maybe now marv sees the pure crap we have for talent on the OL and will FINALLY address it this next offseason.

A good QB will make the line look better overnight!

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 09:58 AM
It’s not that he thinks Nall is the answer, but why not see what we got! We know Holcomb is not the answer, it’s becoming obvious that Losman is not the answer. And so I think his point, and I know that my point is that, why not see what Nall has in a few NFL regular season games?

What do we have to lose? Nall looks just as bad as JP, we’ll know that we need to make a big QB move. If Nall plays well, then maybe we have a guy for next year.

Either that or we just let JP play out the string and most likely get more of what we’ve been watching for the last 2 years.

you said it yourself- it's BECOMING obvious that Losman is not the answer.

I want this book CLOSED. When this season ends, we need to KNOW if JP is the guy or not. If he sits, we still won't know. We're not going to the playoffs anyway- the least we can get out of this season is another step closer to ending this QB controversy. Let him play it out and if he still sucks at the end of this season, then 2 1/2 years of arguing over whether or not JP should play will be over for good.

What we have to lose is extending this Losman question another year.

Typ0
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
The whole offense is horrible...but JP is horrible to go right along with them. He played one of, if not the, worst defense in the NFL yesterday and looked like crap. Indy has a good defense and they are getting better so my guess is he gets slaughtered next week. A lot of people don't want to count that game because it's Indy -- well if you aren't going to count the Indy game you might as well not count any of the games considering his piss poor performance against the worst D in the NFL last week.

Typ0
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
you said it yourself- it's BECOMING obvious that Losman is not the answer.

I want this book CLOSED. When this season ends, we need to KNOW if JP is the guy or not. If he sits, we still won't know. We're not going to the playoffs anyway- the least we can get out of this season is another step closer to ending this QB controversy. Let him play it out and if he still sucks at the end of this season, then 2 1/2 years of arguing over whether or not JP should play will be over for good.

What we have to lose is extending this Losman question another year.

that's the problem...it's not so cut and dry like that. JP isn't going to get his head out of his ass in the next eight weeks. He might make progress in the offseason. So sending him in there to get slaughtered the rest of the season and then tossing him into the available QB pool would be ******ed.

Romes
11-06-2006, 10:07 AM
He did play like poop.

But I was encouraged that he threw a 43 yd TD pass right after hearing the boo birds in a clutch time of the game.

Hopefully, this sparks something. God I hope something sparks with this offense.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 10:08 AM
He made progress. No turnovers this week.. His stats were not mind blowing, but he did manage a win. I would like to see him capitilize on the turnovers defense creates though.

Typ0
11-06-2006, 10:11 AM
He did play like poop.

But I was encouraged that he threw a 43 yd TD pass right after hearing the boo birds in a clutch time of the game.

Hopefully, this sparks something. God I hope something sparks with this offense.

yeah his 22 yards passing up to that point made a difference too. We win zero games like that unless the opposition gives it to us which is what happened yesterday.

Typ0
11-06-2006, 10:11 AM
He made progress. No turnovers this week.. His stats were not mind blowing, but he did manage a win. I would like to see him capitilize on the turnovers defense creates though.

I agree the ball protection is progress...but it's also a sad state of affairs when you are praising someone because they didn't fumble.

ibatiger
11-06-2006, 10:51 AM

It doesn't matter if he thinks Nall is the answer or not. The logical thing to do is see what he has. Then he'll let us know if he is the answer. There are just about as many good QBs in the league who were expected to be good as guys like Nall who most people knew nothing about. Most of them got their chance because the guy who was supposed to be good couldn't get it done. It's time to see what Nall can do. Play Holcomb against Indy while Nall gets prepared to start at Texas.

Romes
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah his 22 yards passing up to that point made a difference too. We win zero games like that unless the opposition gives it to us which is what happened yesterday.

I can't argue with that.

I just don't think the lack of offensive production early on was solely on his shoulders.

But a 43 yard go ahead 4th quarter TD pass has to be good for something.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
It doesn't matter if he thinks Nall is the answer or not. The logical thing to do is see what he has. Then he'll let us know if he is the answer. There are just about as many good QBs in the league who were expected to be good as guys like Nall who most people knew nothing about. Most of them got their chance because the guy who was supposed to be good couldn't get it done. It's time to see what Nall can do. Play Holcomb against Indy while Nall gets prepared to start at Texas.

Great idea. Then we can go into next year with the same questions about JP that we had going into this year. And going into last year. And early in 04 when Bledsoe was struggling. The only thing better than a QB controversy is one that lasts 4 years!

If Nall comes in and struggles for the rest of the year, then we have TWO inexperienced QB's who look bad but who really haven't had enough time to be evaluated. This doesn't solve anything- the only way playing Nall helps is in the extremely remote chance that he comes in and looks good from the very first play.

Playing Nall adds fuel to the QB controversy. Playing JP may not solve the controversy completely, but at least it will take away one of the options.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree the ball protection is progress...but it's also a sad state of affairs when you are praising someone because they didn't fumble.
If he can protect the ball this week against Indy, and manage the game again. I would be happy with that.. However, I would like to see Fairchild open the playbook a little and take to the sky.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Nall has been a nothing at every step of his playing career.

Couldn't make it at LSU either.

Has less QB experiance in the last 10 years than Drew Henson.

To think Nall is the answer is delusional.

Green Bay though so much of him that they drafted Aaron Rodgers a year AFTER they wanted to draft JP.

Give me a break.

JP sink or swim this year and go get someone who is a winner and has some experiance. Or at least can win a job at a top university.