X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

JPL

I think our boy grew up in the NFL yesterday. I was very proud of the way Losman played, throwing up that TD in the 4th to give us the lead. I enjoyed seeing him hosit (Shaud Williams) up into the air as if to thank him for his support, and for believing in him. That was awesome.

The only concern that I ever had about Losman was that he does not have the respect of his mates. That is quite apparent and very unfortunate. Shaud Williams and Kelly Holcomb must be his only friends on the team, but I think he made huge strides yesterday in this department. He has to overcome this one aspect or it will prove to be his undoing.

If Jauron ever had any intention of sitting Losman down, it was going to happen yesterday, and I am so glad that he stuck it out. We all knew going into this season that there were going to be some hard knocks with our young QB, so I don't why some of you are so down on him now.

Some of you just do not like this kid no matter what he does, but fortunately for the rest of us, those who actually do like J.P. and support him as the starter of this team, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Get over it.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: JPL

I do like JP and have supported him all year but he was terrible yesterday.

Comment

• the REAL Rudeman
      • Jul 2002

First you start out stating how proud you are, then you end up being belligerant.

Anyway, he "grew up," did he? In one game? Amazing.

Drive, thanks for sharing that. Now you can stick your head back in the sand.
      I solve problems with violence.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

All I am going to say about that is, in the end, JP did what he had to do. He got it done. I'm sorry if he didn't help out anyone's fantasy team but he did precisely what was needed and we won the game. Yeah I know, it was against one of the league's worst pass defenses, so he didn't do jack.

Like I said, JP made me proud yesterday. While some of you consider this a crappy performance, I feel that it spoke volumes about Losman and his character and it was his best performance in a Bill's uniform to date.

This kid got his ass kicked all damn day and I am damn proud of how he stood in that pocket, knowing he was going to get blasted again, and delivered the go ahead score.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

No turnovers. A touchdown without a lot of protection all day. A 97.1 QB rating. Ohh, and a win. I'm proud of JP. I'm also proud of Jauron for having the balls to hang in their with the kid.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I do like that they are sticking with him since the backups are even worse.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
              • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              No turnovers. A touchdown without a lot of protection all day. A 97.1 QB rating. Ohh, and a win. I'm proud of JP. I'm also proud of Jauron for having the balls to hang in their with the kid.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

The won thing I like that JP did yesterday (besides no turn overs) was he showed emotion, he was getting pissed about protection and looked like he was voicing his displeasure, I hope it continues he needs to jack up some players and light a fire under there sorry a$$e$!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

Did anyone watch the Sunday Night game? I know Manning was sacked more times in this one game, than he was the entire season, but when it was time to step up, the protection he received was OUTSTANDING. I counted six seconds on one particular play, where Manning was able to sit back and survey the field. Even when he fired the pass off, there was nobody even close to him. One can only wonder how much better Losman would be if he had even decent protection. I'd like to see how well Manning could do with the protection that JPL gets.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    The won thing I like that JP did yesterday (besides no turn overs) was he showed emotion, he was getting pissed about protection and looked like he was voicing his displeasure, I hope it continues he needs to jack up some players and light a fire under there sorry a$$e$!
                    I agree but if he mouths off to the wrong player, he will find himself in a world of hurt. The rest of the offense needs to respect the QB. And obviously, the QB needs to repsect the rest of the guys. If a lineman is rather annoyed with JP, he just might "slip" and let JP get smoked.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                      JPL was definitley pissed, but I don't think he has the kind of respect to be getting up in people's faces. All he can do is take his lumps and if he can keep doing what he did yesterday, the respect will come on its own. He needs to show more emotion in a positive way, just like he did when he threw up that TD to Evans, hoisting up one of his players up like that. That was really cool.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                        JPL was definitley pissed, but I don't think he has the kind of respect to be getting up in people's faces. All he can do is take his lumps and if he can keep doing what he did yesterday, the respect will come on its own. He needs to show more emotion in a positive way, just like he did when he threw up that TD to Evans, hoisting up one of his players up like that. That was really cool.

I agree with that, but unfornunatley, it seems that Villareal slipped 4 or 5 times yesterday an JP got smoked! He (Villareal) needs to grab a one way flight out of Buffalo!

Comment

• the REAL Rudeman
                          • Jul 2002

All I am going to say about that is, in the end, JP did what he had to do. He got it done. I'm sorry if he didn't help out anyone's fantasy team but he did precisely what was needed and we won the game. Yeah I know, it was against one of the league's worst pass defenses, so he didn't do jack.
                          and you know what, I think it's just GREAT that we can win like this every week and that we'll never need him to step up and take charge.
                          I solve problems with violence.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            He's a lot smarter than most of the posters here. At least Jauron knows that JP is not the main problem.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Like I said, JP made me proud yesterday. While some of you consider this a crappy performance, I feel that it spoke volumes about Losman and his character and it was his best performance in a Bill's uniform to date.

This kid got his ass kicked all damn day and I am damn proud of how he stood in that pocket, knowing he was going to get blasted again, and delivered the go ahead score.

His best perfomance? If thats what you call someones' best performance after 16 starts, there is something SEVERELY wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X