PDA

View Full Version : Pennington...

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 08:44 AM
From where I sit he looked fairly decent but I know it is hard to get a full analysis from an endzone seat. What did everyone think?

mysticsoto
11-06-2006, 08:47 AM
From where I sit he looked fairly decent but I know it is hard to get a full analysis from an endzone seat. What did everyone think?

He made a fair amt of mistakes...but that's to be expected. I don't want to judge him after one game. I want to see how he does after he's had several games. I am not looking for him to be great just yet, but I want to see improvement after each game...

ghz in pittsburgh
11-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I was just going to post on him.

He looked awful to me. The game is too fast for him.

What I'm most dishearted is that they didn't even think about running on the right side at all. How hard it is to do run blocking? Put a body on a body! Right now the coaching staff is afraid that he can't even put his body in front another body.

Did anyone notice that Butler player late in the game?

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 08:48 AM
he showed some encouraging signs but there were also a few pass plays where he was standing around looking for someone to block while JP was running for his life.

A lot of people on this board (myself included) have suggested using more rollout plays with JP. Well, don't expect to see it now. The strength of the line is clearly the left side, and it's a tough throw for a right-handed QB to roll left.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Why they don't utilize JP's speed with rollouts is beyond me.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Why they don't utilize JP's speed with rollouts is beyond me.

you mean you expect the coaches to maximize the talent on our roster with their schemes and playcalling instead of imposing systems that don't fit the personnel? TRAITOR.

bflojohn
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Terrence Pennington was overmatched in his first start. The mere truth is that everyone should have expected this type of play from him. Aaron Kampman came into this game LEADING the league in sacks, and added two more, I believe! Pennington fought hard, and his effort isn't in question, however, the Bills did give some late mop-up duty to Brad Butler late in the contest. A really tough way to start an NFL career. I guess it has to start somewhere!

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I think we will need a new RT.

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Butler did play, but they took Peters out and moved Pennington to the left side if you looked over there. I am pretty sure they didn't take Peters out because he sucks.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
A rookie+ Villarial beside him = disaster.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
A rookie+ Villarial beside him = disaster.

if Peters turns out to be a decent LT, RG becomes one of our biggest off-season needs. Villarial sucks.

Pinkerton Security
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
if Peters turns out to be a decent LT, RG becomes one of our biggest off-season needs. Villarial sucks.

I agree, but do you think that if Dicky is still here, he will have the balls to axe one of his old players and one of his biggest promoters on the team?

Michael82
11-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Peters made Villarrial look decent. Now Villarrial has a rookie next to him, so the right side will look like **** until Villarrial is gone.

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 04:42 PM
He was awful.. but what do you expect in his first game against a Pro Bowler..
I like the fact they're trying new people.. I wouldnt be shocked if Butler gets a start over that peice of terd Villarrial soon.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
They should've kept Royal in to help him against Kampman :ill: