PDA

View Full Version : For the mentally challenged regarding JP...

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Let me try to make this is simple as possible. If you watched the Sunday night game, with the two best QBs in the game, you will see that they made their mistakes. Five ints between the two of them. The thing that is obvious is that their OLs, when needed, give them the time to look downfield. JP does not have that luxury. Both teams have multiple weapons. We don't. Did you watch their play? They are not perfect and they are the best in the league.

I watched the game thoroughly yesterday. Did JP make some mistakes? Yes. Did he play awful? No. Did he have time to throw? No. The guy doesn't have the confidence in his OL. Did you see him getting frustarted? It wasn't at himself! When he did get time to look downfield it resulted in 7 points.

I really don't know what you people want? He had a 97.1 QB rating. Favre threw 47 times and JP threw 15. JP had a higher YPA and no picks. Did we want JP throwing the ball 47 times? We won the game!!

Keep it up! You'll get a QB drafted. I want you to look at how good the rookies are doing this year:

Leinart Rating: 66.9 YPA: 5.9 Comp: 51.6 TD: 5 INT: 5 Wins: 0

Young Rating: 53.3 YPA: 5.1 Comp: 46.0 TD: 5 INT: 7 Wins: 2

Walter Rating: 49.0 YPA: 6.3 Comp: 47.3 TD: 3 INT: 9 Wins: 2

Look at how well Ben is doing. Look at how well Eli is doing considering he plays on a playoff caliber team.

You are lacking intelligence if you think QB is the problem here.

ICE74129
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
the main thing that bothers me is WE WON. Everyone needs to STFU and enjoy the damn win.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Let me try to make this is simple as possible. If you watched the Sunday night game, with the two best QBs in the game, you will see that they made their mistakes. Five ints between the two of them. The thing that is obvious is that their OLs, when needed, give them the time to look downfield. JP does not have that luxury. Both teams have multiple weapons. We don't. Did you watch their play? They are not perfect and they are the best in the league.

I watched the game thoroughly yesterday. Did JP make some mistakes? Yes. Did he play awful? No. Did he have time to throw? No. The guy doesn't have the confidence in his OL. Did you see him getting frustarted? It wasn't at himself! When he did get time to look downfield it resulted in 7 points.

I really don't know what you people want? He had a 97.1 QB rating. Favre threw 47 times and JP threw 15. JP had a higher YPA and no picks. Did we want JP throwing the ball 47 times? We won the game!!

Keep it up! You'll get a QB drafted. I want you to look at how good the rookies are doing this year:

Leinart Rating: 66.9 YPA: 5.9 Comp: 51.6 TD: 5 INT: 5 Wins: 0

Young Rating: 53.3 YPA: 5.1 Comp: 46.0 TD: 5 INT: 7 Wins: 2

Walter Rating: 49.0 YPA: 6.3 Comp: 47.3 TD: 3 INT: 9 Wins: 2

Look at how well Ben is doing. Look at how well Eli is doing considering he plays on a playoff caliber team.

You are lacking intelligence if you think QB is the problem here.

I really haven't decided on whether JP is the long term answer or not.

When I watched the game last night I kept thinking to myself "their both holding the ball way too long!"

Apparently they can do that with an NFL O-Line.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 09:00 AM
the main thing that bothers me is WE WON. Everyone needs to STFU and enjoy the damn win.

I'm glad we won also.

But Ice, this is a message board.

All you gotta do is hit that little X button in the top right hand corner.

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 09:05 AM

When I watched the game last night I kept thinking to myself "their both holding the ball way too long!"

BINGO. An extra second in the NFL is a lifetime. IF JP was consistantly getting 4 seconds vs. 3 seconds you would see a completely different player.

To me JP's biggest issue is the fumbles, which he had none of yesterday. Good QBs don't fumble the ball away. If he fixes that I feel like if we get him an OL he'll be fine.

Saratoga Slim
11-06-2006, 09:14 AM

It makes a big difference. even on the plays that JP does have some time, it looks like he's expecting the line to cave in at any second. He doesn't trust them, and I think that's causing a lot of his composure problems.

ICE74129
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm glad we won also.

But Ice, this is a message board.

All you gotta do is hit that little X button in the top right hand corner.

Message board yes, constant *****ing post no.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Dude trust me I am a JP backer and I realize he doesn't have much help but there is an air of confidence certain(good) players have and JP does not have that currently. Not saying it won't happen but I hope it does soon.

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Message board yes, constant *****ing post no.

If you want constant uplifting type church of Christ in your search engine.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
JP was part of the problem. I defend the guy but I aslo won't be blinded just because he's my teams qb. He played a Flutie like game and we won ugly just like the DF days.

I find it funny though how some people around here are like.

What's wrong?

We won :wail:

:huh:

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 09:28 AM
What's wrong?

We won :wail:

:huh:

Got it. When we lose, it's about improving and rebuilding- no one expected wins.

But when we win ugly (by your own admission) and show little to no improvement, it's ok because we won.

Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Got it. When we lose, it's about improving and rebuilding- no one expected wins.

But when we win ugly (by your own admission) and show little to no improvement, it's ok because we won.

Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Little to no improvement? What game were you watching? The D was awsome especially the run D that you keep *****ing about. The St finally showed up. Let me guess there was no pressure on Farve just like the Vikes game that you watched. :snicker:

Oh wait, you're *****ing about the O?

The team showed a lot of heart and it's a problem for you again ? :laughter:

Mr. Miyagi
11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
When he did get time to look downfield it resulted in 7 points.
Even on that play he was hit as he chucked the ball.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Little to no improvement? What game were you watching? The D was awsome especially the run D that you keep *****ing about. The St finally showed up.

the D was awesome? They gave up tons of yards and only did well because of big plays and mistakes by the Packers. That kind of play will beat the Packers at home but it won't beat too many other teams.

ST did play well, I'll give you that.

Losman showed no improvement.

Yeah, we won. and we should enjoy that.

But don't let it mask the problems that this team has.

ICE74129
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Little to no improvement? What game were you watching? The D was awsome especially the run D that you keep *****ing about. The St finally showed up. Let me guess there was no pressure on Farve just like the Vikes game that you watched. :snicker:

Correct me here if I am wrong but didn't fans ***** and whine about needed JP to make a play on his own to help us finish and win a game? Didn't he do that yesterday?

See justa they are going to ***** and whine regardless. There will always be something they complain about

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
the D was awesome? They gave up tons of yards and only did well because of big plays and mistakes by the Packers. That kind of play will beat the Packers at home but it won't beat too many other teams.

ST did play well, I'll give you that.

Losman showed no improvement.

Yeah, we won. and we should enjoy that.

But don't let it mask the problems that this team has.

OP, the D stepped up when they had to . They won us the game. They haven't been able to do that since the start of the season. That in itself was an improvement.

Everything you *****ed about they fixed in this game. The run D stopped a run game that made them rush 2 100 yd. rb's the week before. They showed a lot of heart that you keep *****ing about.

For someone who keeps telling me I misquote you, show me where I masked our problems? Try comprehending again when I say we won UGLY. That means there are problems. Read my post in another thread where I said JP was part of a problem.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Correct me here if I am wrong but didn't fans ***** and whine about needed JP to make a play on his own to help us finish and win a game? Didn't he do that yesterday?

See justa they are going to ***** and whine regardless. There will always be something they complain about

"Our O can't score when it mattered most" :wail:

"Our D can't stop the run" :wail:

"our team has no heart" :wail:

Suddenly they did the opposite of what they cried about

:wail: "We won"

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 10:07 AM
OP, the D stepped up when they had to . They won us the game. They haven't been able to do that since the start of the season. That in itself was an improvement.

Everything you *****ed about they fixed in this game. The run D stopped a run game that made them rush 2 100 yd. rb's the week before. They showed a lot of heart that you keep *****ing about.

For someone who keeps telling me I misquote you, show me where I masked our problems? Try comprehending again when I say we won UGLY. That means there are problems. Read my post in another thread where I said JP was part of a problem.

I'll give you that they stepped up when they had to.

As far as "stopping" a run game, that's your interpretation. I saw them give up 147 yards on the ground (4.9 YPC) at home to a team with two rookies on the OL that lacks a star RB. Was it good enough to win THIS game? Yes. Is it good enough to win most of the games on our schedule? Absolutely not. The only thing the D did better was they made some big plays. The problem is that the better offenses in the league (like, for example, the one we play on Sunday) won't give a D the opportunities to make those big plays.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll give you that they stepped up when they had to.

As far as "stopping" a run game, that's your interpretation. I saw them give up 147 yards on the ground (4.9 YPC) at home to a team with two rookies on the OL that lacks a star RB. Was it good enough to win THIS game? Yes. Is it good enough to win most of the games on our schedule? Absolutely not. The only thing the D did better was they made some big plays. The problem is that the better offenses in the league (like, for example, the one we play on Sunday) won't give a D the opportunities to make those big plays.

I don't care if they gave the packs their yards in bits and pieces and not chunks for huge plays like the last few games. HOw many times did Mcgee get burned for huge gains yeasterday? Hardly. It's what won us the game yet you'll find something to ***** about.

Don't tell me what the colts can do.I know what they can do. You're already *****ing about what the colts can do to us right after a win.

Do you know how many points they scored on the fins who's D is supposed to be better than ours?

BidsJr
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong didn't you want to see him benched after the last game?

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't care if they gave the packs their yards in bits and pieces and not chunks for huge plays like the last few games. HOw many times did Mcgee get burned for used gains? Hardly. It's what won us the game yet you'll find something to ***** about.

Don't tell me what the colts can do.I know what they can do. You're already *****ing about what the colts can do to us right after a win.

I'm not *****ing about what the colts can do to us. I'm *****ing about what we did that was good enough to beat the packers but still isn't good. And the Packers arent' exactly a power offense- if it wasn't for a few stupid mistakes by them, those chunks of yardage would have ended in points.

The D should get credit for being good enough to win the game yesterday. But to watch that performance and not be concerned... well, damn. Good enough isn't the same as good or even the same as being better as we were in the past.

Enjoy the win but see it for what it is: a mirage like the opener against Houston last year and the Miami game this year.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not *****ing about what the colts can do to us. I'm *****ing about what we did that was good enough to beat the packers but still isn't good. And the Packers arent' exactly a power offense- if it wasn't for a few stupid mistakes by them, those chunks of yardage would have ended in points.

The D should get credit for being good enough to win the game yesterday. But to watch that performance and not be concerned... well, damn. Good enough isn't the same as good or even the same as being better as we were in the past.

Enjoy the win but see it for what it is: a mirage like the opener against Houston last year and the Miami game this year.

I don't care if it was just the packs. We won. There were a lot of positives to build on. I enjoyed the win. I can watch the highlights over and over again this week. You can look at the highlights with doom and gloom all you want just to fulfill your daily need to find something to ***** about.

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't care if it was just the packs. We won. There were a lot of positives to build on. I enjoyed the win. I can watch the highlights over and over again this week. You can look at the highlights with doom and gloom all you want just to fulfill your daily need to find something to ***** about.

the doom and gloom isn't in the highlights- that's why they're called "highlights". Hell, if you watched Chicago or Dallas' "highlights" from yesterday, you'd think they won the game.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 10:47 AM
the doom and gloom isn't in the highlights- that's why they're called "highlights". Hell, if you watched Chicago or Dallas' "highlights" from yesterday, you'd think they won the game.knowing you, you'd be *****ing watching the highlights.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2006, 10:57 AM
We played an equally terrible team that couldn't hold on to the football. That is why we won. We didn't win because any facet of the team played well, we won because the other team couldn't secure the ball.

What positives are there to take in this game? The Special Teams and the fact that Losman didn't turn the ball over...that's about it.

To win an ugly game simply because you didn't play as bad as the other equally bad team isn't good especially when the rest of your season has looked like a train wreck. All it was, was good enough to beat another bad team.

JP had a Holcomb-like performance out there, mostly effecient, low yards, no mistakes....yet MOST OF YOU say we can't win with Holcomb back there but then completely advocate JPs performance. Hypocritical much?