PDA

View Full Version : What is our offense identity?

alohabillsfan
11-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I mean, We have had games where we throw the quick passes to Parrish, Reed etc...

Yesterday it seems like every drop was a 7 step and every route was 20+ yds down field against a very good pass rushing team. Where were the short passes? Where were the check downs, I mean really I do not think that it is this hard to game plan, run run short pass move the chains.

If we do not run 30+ (15 in first half) times next week against Indy we are dead meat before half time.

I would like to establish some form of consistantcy on offense!

jamze132
11-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Well I do believe it's about time that the playcalling and gameplanning begins to be questioned. I understand you question about our identity, and the answer is we have none. I don't even think we have a realistic gameplan each week. It seems like it's run on first down, run on second down, pass on third down, and punt on 4th down. I would have sworn yesterday that if that was the gameplan, they played it to a "T".

I watch countless other teams play and it seems that they all use pretty much the same types of plays. Short slants, HB screens, draws, etc. And it's funny, they move the chains with simple, safe plays. We use these types of high percentage plays little compared to teams that win. And if I am a coach of a team with a crappy O-line and an inexperienced QB, I would like to design a gameplan to their strengths and not make them do more than they can. Quick, short passes gets the ball out of the QB's hand before he gets smoked by a DT blowing by one of our athleticly challenged lineman.

There should be no reason at this stage where JP is taking a 5-7 step drop. The line isn't good enough to consistently give him the time he needs to go through his progressions. And on more than one 3rd and long, that is what we are doing and he is getting sacked. Even if it's 3rd and long, we can design plays that are very short passes that gets the ball in the hands of someone with with some space to make a move.

I don't know if it's a matter of execution from the players, but it doesn't look like the right plays are being called to cater to what we CAN do.

Bufftp
11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
What is our ofensive identity? Just Plain ol' Ugly.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Honestly, I think Fairchild is aiming for a balanced approach.. If anything, at the moment we have been running way more than passing. I believe that Fairchild is a good Offensive Coordinator, I simply think JP needs to start beating teams through the air, so they respect our passing game more. It seem's like defenses are stacking extra players in the box to stop the run.

Did anyone notice how our run game opened up, after JP started completing passes?

Romes
11-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Our offensive identity right now is run to the left and pass block only 1 out of 5 plays.

alohabillsfan
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I believe that Fairchild is a good Offensive Coordinator??????????

I have yet to see that, Part of being a coordinator is designing a scheme against a defense that works! How in the hell did he come up with the plan displayed yesterday blows my mind, not one 3 step drop quick slant, no WR screens the best play call may have been the pass to Shelton, why oh why can't we run a successful play more than once? is there a rule that says if you use a pass play and it is successful then you are not allowed to use it again? Very disturbing!

GarnOFreak
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Our Offensive Identity:

We are the hot girl's fat friend.
Our players were hired for good personality.
Every once in a while with a lot of grunting and groaning we manage to score and are equally surprised the next morning to find out that we did.

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Our Offensive Identity:

Every once in a while with a lot of grunting and groaning we manage to score and are equally surprised the next morning to find out that we did.
They are going to need a much better plan next week in Indianapolis, as well as a better defensive plan since I doubt Peyton will have footballs bouncing off his helmet all game.

SABURZFAN
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
what offense? :idunno:

GarnOFreak
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I think the best plan of attack is going to be to try and pound it on the ground against the 32nd ranked colt's rush D. That way we control the clock and keep Manning off the field. But we don't have to go up the middle all the time, we should target the DEs with Of Tackle runs since they are smaller faster guys. Keep our D rested and keep pounding on theirs to wear them out. Realistically, I think our chances are grim, but that would help keep it close if we were successful rushing alot.

SABURZFAN
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I think the best plan of attack is going to be to try and pound it on the ground against the 32nd ranked colt's rush D. That way we control the clock and keep Manning off the field.

but the buttlickers say that our OL isn't good enough.that's the excuse they always use when losman F's up.

patmoran2006
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Lets keep in mind that Tennessee's sorry asses, with Young making his first start (I think his first) nearly beat Indy .. Travis Henry had a monster day.

If we can run the ball and move the chains and keep the game shorter, you never know.. If you put the game in the hands of Losman and the passing game, we might get 50 layed out on us.

YardRat
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Our Offensive Identity:

:roflmao:

That was funny :D

Mr. Pink
11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
1-2-3 time to bring our best offensive weapon on to the field and play the field position game until we can get the ball around the oppositions' 40, so we can eke out 5-7 yards and kick a FG.

As far as I can tell that's my best summary of our offensive identity.