PDA

View Full Version : Are we better with McGahee?!

HHURRICANE
11-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Look, I'm not saying that Willis doesn't have talent but he certainly hasn't lived up to his billing either. Let's face facts. He will never, ever, be the guy from Miami, pre-injury.

A-train is really the model NFL running back. He's bigger and runs with a more punishing style. Tiki Barber even admitted that the league is moving away from players like himself and going towards players like Brandon Jaocbs.

We need players and depth. McGahee should be traded. His agent is a douche bag so why even be involved in a renegotiation with him. I'm sure Denver or a slew of other teams would be interested.

When your punter is more valuable than your RB than it's time for a trade.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Isn't Willis bigger than Atrain?

raphael120
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
we could get some good players for mcgahee, i think. go for it. draft a HB in the later rounds even to get some depth. but again...who knows what atrain can do throughout the season, it was only 1 game

Inetpub
11-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Willis played crap vs Chicago and NE. Do you blame the poor soul?
You cant judge a person vs a game with GB's revolving door Defense. They are in the bottom of the league in D for a reason.

I still cant believe JP didnt throw for more since GB's secondary STINKS Horsecrap. Im rather mad he kept throwing the damn ball short.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 09:48 AM
We shall find out soon enough if we need to dish $$$ out for Willis next year or live with the A-Train for a year while we either draft a rb or grab one off the FA market.

The A Trains success could be Willis' nightmare.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Isn't Willis bigger than Atrain?
Willis..6-0 228
A-Train...6-2 225

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I wouldnt be prejudice against the idea, as long as we get value for Willis. RB's are a dime a dozen, and I agree Willis hasnt lived up to the hype. But with that said, he has been one of our better players. I wonder if he looks bad because we have no passing game, and an insufficient OL?

alohabillsfan
11-06-2006, 11:40 AM
And to think we could of drafted Larry Johnson!

Check out the analysis below of WM

Positives: Had No. 1-overall talent before injuring knee. His combination of size, speed and strength was rare. Tackling McGahee was like running with the bulls. He could outrun you or run you over. His vision, balance, patience and ability to cut and change directions was pro grade. Ran like a cross between Terrell Davis and Walter Payton. Is a diligent worker who is motivated when he believes he has something to prove. Works hard in the weight room and was ahead of schedule in his rehab according to doctors.

Negatives: Is unlikely to play in 2003, although he says he will, and may never regain the elite speed and cutback ability that made him such a weapon. Lacked mental toughness and was not mature as a college player but could grow up quickly under the circumstances. Doesn't show any polish as a receiver and his pass-blocking was marginal. May stop driving once he hits the pile after such a serious injury to his lower body, which could also hinder his cutback ability.

Summary: McGahee had rare RB skills prior to blowing out his left knee, and he is working hard and might contribute this season. His place on draft boards will be very subjective. Expect a team who can be patient, and with a deep backfield, to take a chance on him on the first day. TD ???

mysticsoto
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM
We have a crappy Oline and some people are just slap happy with placing the blame and dragging down every other player. If and when the Oline makes holes, Willis accumulates high yardage and is tough to bring down once he's going without him grabbing an extra couple more once they try to tackle and are on him. But our Oline has been horrendous since the mid 90s and as a result, our QB and now our RB end up taking the blame for it.

Sigh. Place the blame where it should be. Our team would be much different with both our O and D lines working as they should!!!