• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

JP Showed Improvement

I know these JP threads are getting a little old, but I just want to hear a fair assesment from other board members, here is mine:

Positives:

JP Losman did not put up mind boggling stats against GB. But his progress is indisputable. Usually we see a million fumbles with an interception, and atleast yesterday he didnt turnover the ball. That is key, imo. As long as JP doesn't turn the ball over, like he did in the past, I will consider that improvement.

105 yards passing and 1 TD. Just enough to win the game. That's called managing the football game. He didn't kill us with bad play, he did just enough to win. Hopefully, this can carry over against Indy..

Lastly, I actually saw emotion out of JP. When he got sacked he slammed the ball down on the turf, usually he would just sit there emotionless. He did celebrate with Evans after the TD. If there is any seperation between JP and the rest of the team, I dont see it.

Negatives:

JP didnt capitilize on our Defense's turnovers, nor did he capitilize on ST's play. How many turnovers did our defense create? 2-3? McGee brought the opening kick to the 40 ( I predicted it to goto the house , CLOSE!), yet it only resulted in a field goal. Honestly, thats what seperates Buffalo from the elite teams, imo. Good teams win by capitilizing on plays like that, and other teams mistakes.

He is still getting sacked a little too much, however, atleast he didnt cough up the football like he did in the past..

Is this a fair assesment to you all? Did anyone else see improvement?
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: JP Showed Improvement

Great he didn't fumble. Regarding no ints, he threw only 15 passes.

I didn't see any improvement. He still looks uncomfortable. He also sits by himself on the bench instead of consulting with his teammates.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I thought he moved sideways.

The thing I was happy to see was that he showed emotion.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Inetpub
        i'm a tool
        • Aug 2006

Nope. I just saw the JP of the Vikes game. Defense stood up and won it for us.
        No fumbles and 1 interception with a measly 102 yards is nothing to celebrate about.

The win, yep. Im glad they won but JP and his 7 consecutive series of 3 and out didnt look good by any means.
        That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          I know these JP threads are getting a little old, but I just want to hear a fair assesment from other board members, here is mine:

Positives:

JP Losman did not put up mind boggling stats against GB. But his progress is indisputable. Usually we see a million fumbles with an interception, and atleast yesterday he didnt turnover the ball. That is key, imo. As long as JP doesn't turn the ball over, like he did in the past, I will consider that improvement.

105 yards passing and 1 TD. Just enough to win the game. That's called managing the football game. He didn't kill us with bad play, he did just enough to win. Hopefully, this can carry over against Indy..

Lastly, I actually saw emotion out of JP. When he got sacked he slammed the ball down on the turf, usually he would just sit there emotionless. He did celebrate with Evans after the TD. If there is any seperation between JP and the rest of the team, I dont see it.

Negatives:

JP didnt capitilize on our Defense's turnovers, nor did he capitilize on ST's play. How many turnovers did our defense create? 2-3? McGee brought the opening kick to the 40 ( I predicted it to goto the house , CLOSE!), yet it only resulted in a field goal. Honestly, thats what seperates Buffalo from the elite teams, imo. Good teams win by capitilizing on plays like that, and other teams mistakes.

He is still getting sacked a little too much, however, atleast he didnt cough up the football like he did in the past..

Is this a fair assesment to you all? Did anyone else see improvement?
          I think it is partially fair.

But for JP to look like Manning and Brady, it will take a lot more than just JP improving.

You cannot look at JP without looking at the rest of the picture. That is where most peoples opinions just fall to pieces.

JP is pretty bad right now, but he ain't the only one.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I saw the same **** I've seen from him the last two weeks, with the exception of the fact that he protected the ball better.

He hit Royal in the feet on a short pass. He underthrew Evans twice (although one did go for a TD). And he seems to be making decisions too slowly. Granted the OL isn't giving him a lot of time, but by the time he figures out where to go with the ball, either the receiver's covered or there is too much pressure. He also decides to move out of the pocket too late.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I thought he moved sideways.

The thing I was happy to see was that he showed emotion.
              Walking to the sidelines with his head down is showing emotion, but it's detrimental to the team.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by billsfanone
                Great he didn't fumble. Regarding no ints, he threw only 15 passes.

I didn't see any improvement. He still looks uncomfortable. He also sits by himself on the bench instead of consulting with his teammates.
                Really? I saw Fowler help JP up after a sack, and I saw him chatting with Evan's and Fowler on the bench. Furthermore, he celebrated with Evans after the TD. I really dont see the division you are talking about.

Also, 15 passes and a TD. That is called managing the game. It is evident to all of us, JP didnt WIN the game for us, he simply didnt lose it for us.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

He committed no turnovers, and managed the game. Can we all agree that, he did improve from last week?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Walking to the sidelines with his head down is showing emotion, but it's detrimental to the team.
                    Nope, even if it's a pissed off emotion, it's better than the skippy emotion that Rob Johnson had everytime he got sacked.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
                      I think it is partially fair.

But for JP to look like Manning and Brady, it will take a lot more than just JP improving.

You cannot look at JP without looking at the rest of the picture. That is where most peoples opinions just fall to pieces.

JP is pretty bad right now, but he ain't the only one.
                      JP Losman will never be a Manning or Brady, nor will 99.9% of the QB's in the league. I do agree that JP is still pretty bad, I'm just saying I saw emotions and improvement. He was dead the last few weeks, atleast this week he actually had a pulse.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        JP Losman will never be a Manning or Brady, nor will 99.9% of the QB's in the league. I do agree that JP is still pretty bad, I'm just saying I saw emotions and improvement. He was dead the last few weeks, atleast this week he actually had a pulse.
                        You totally missed my point.

Brady and Manning would not look like Brady and Manning on this team right now.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

He also sits by himself on the bench instead of consulting with his teammates.

I was paying attention to this very same thing especially since Pat Moran brought it up.

Farve get's sacked, none of his teammates came to his aid and Schobel instead helps him up.

Damn, Farve's teammates hate him too.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
                            You totally missed my point.

Brady and Manning would not look like Brady and Manning on this team right now.
                            In those words, I agree with you.. Alot of people are talking about how he was underthrowing the recievers, alot of that was due to pressure, imo.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Inetpub
                              Nope. I just saw the JP of the Vikes game. Defense stood up and won it for us.
                              No fumbles and 1 interception with a measly 102 yards is nothing to celebrate about.

The win, yep. Im glad they won but JP and his 7 consecutive series of 3 and out didnt look good by any means.
                              What interception?
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X