PDA

View Full Version : When coaches "outcoach themselves"

Coach Sal
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I can’t stand it when coaches (college or NFL) “outcoach themselves.” By “outcoaching themselves” I mean they do things they shouldn’t be doing just because they are trying to “trick” the other team. “I think that you think that I think…..so I’m gong to think differently.” Stop It!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The Pats inexplicably did this against Indy, which is extremely weird for them. For the last five years, they’ve been the master of doing exactly what they need to do to win games, and executing near flawlessly in big-game situations.
<o:p> </o:p>
Indy’s run defense sucks. The Pats have a good running game. Indy’s been known to wilt when defenses get physical with their receivers. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place> can be very physical when they want.
So what happened? The Pats decided to run reverses, crazy screen passes, and bombs on offense, then play seven yards off the Colts wideouts on defense, not touching them and allowing them to roam free in the secondary.
The only explanation can be that Belichick outcoached himself and decided to do exactly the opposite of what Indy thought they would do, thinking that would trick them, instead of just doing what the should have to win – run the ball down their throats!!!!
The Bills may have almost no chance to win next Sunday – but that “almost” MUST include running the football and not getting cute. Don’t outcoach yourself.

Valerie
11-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Apparently the Skins have 16 coaches! Talk about out coached! That's way too many hands in the pot. No wonder they suck!

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I think New England lost, simply because Indy is the better team.. I wouldnt say they were out coached. Their offense constantly maximized on defensive turnovers and great ST's play.

Coach Sal
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I think New England lost, simply because Indy is the better team.. I wouldnt say they were out coached. Their offense constantly maximized on defensive turnovers and great ST's play.

I didn't say they were outcoahced by Indy.

I said they outcoached themselves.

Big difference.

But, yes, Indy is the better regular season team, and has been the past three years. Bu something funny seems to happen when the calendar flips to January.

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Well Mularkey is the perfect example of a coach "outcoaching" himself. What the hell is a tripple pump fake flea flicker reverse to the clipboard holder on a fake 2nd down punt?