PDA

View Full Version : First report: McGahee out up to two weeks

Coach Sal
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
However much stock you take in RotoWorld..............

ESPN's John Clayton reports Willis McGahee likely suffered a cracked or badly bruised rib Sunday and could miss up to two weeks.

While we expect to get more information early this week, Clayton reports that because McGahee needed to be carted off the field, his injury is not likely one he'll be able to play with by wearing a flak jacket. Anthony Thomas appears to have a good chance of starting in Week 10.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2265&line=79806&spln=1

Romes
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I thought it be worse. 2 weeks isn't so bad.

TigerJ
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I thought it be worse. 2 weeks isn't so bad.

Agreed. It looked like they were going to give him last rites for a while there.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Im anxious to see if A-Train can repeat his stellar performance against Indy.

alohabillsfan
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I would like to see a roster move to bring Fred Jackson on from the practice squad, not convinced that Shuad Williams can back-up the A-Train!

bflojohn
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Isn't this injury EXACTLY why they invented the flack jacket? IF he is told by his Physicians that the injury cannot be made worse with game playing action, then I say "suck it up" and go play next week! Let him have a light week of work and give it a go, IF it's too much pain to handle, then sit him....

DynaPaul
11-06-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm not worried fellas, there's going to be zero dropoff with A-Train in there.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2006, 04:38 PM
He doesn't have the nads that Henry had.

M
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Bring on the A-Train!

SABURZFAN
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM

give the JP homers time and they'll use willis' injury as an excuse for his piss poor performance.

TigerJ
11-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Isn't this injury EXACTLY why they invented the flack jacket? IF he is told by his Physicians that the injury cannot be made worse with game playing action, then I say "suck it up" and go play next week! Let him have a light week of work and give it a go, IF it's too much pain to handle, then sit him....

The rib is broken. They're talking McGahee missing a couple games. The rib is not going to heal up completely in three weeks time. I imagine that for a while it's just going to be too painful to move effectively and McGahee would be a liability if he tried to play. Once the healing has begun and the pain has started to decrease, I expect he will play with a flak jacket.

I don't think there will be any appreaciable drop off in production by starting A-Train instead of McGahee. The risk is of an injury to A-Train over the next couple weeks. I think Shaud Williams would be absolutely ineffective as an every down back. Next week I don't think that matters. It would take a small miracle for Buffalo to beat Indianapolis under ideal conditions. The week after, the Bills play Houston. That's a winnable game. I want the Bills to have every chance to win that game, and that means having a good running back, not a smurf.

DynaPaul
11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
give the JP homers time and they'll use willis' injury as an excuse for his piss poor performance.

JP's bad play is all on his own shoulders. I support JP but I'm not real happy with his play lately. He will be starting the rest of the year and we'll see what we've got in him and then at the end of the year we'll make a judgment. 8 games isn't enough of a history to go on. McGahee's half-assed running is bothering me more than JP's play. Since we we're weak at QB we need a steady running game and RB is a less cerebral position than QB is. We need a back who isn't gonna go down at the sign of first contact. I think we should throw A-Train in there a little more or at least show some 2 back sets in the future.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2006, 05:18 PM

If it wasn't for Fairchild running a vanilla offense because JP is a moron, Willis wouldnt be hurt.

G. Host
11-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Agreed. It looked like they were going to give him last rites for a while there.

He did appear to be doing an Emmitt Smith imitation.

Richard Gozinya
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM

You said it, Paulie. I'm seeing the A-Train carted off as well, after a quarter or so of trying to run behind Peters and the 4 turnstiles.