X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

what pass did Evans drop?

I can't say I saw the whole game, but if the pass that he "dropped" was the long one on the opposite sidelines where the pass was underthrown you people are delusional. On that play, he had ten yards on the CB and had to wait for the ball to get there and the CB got back to break it up. What the hell happened to the timing between Evans and Losman? Losman either overthrows or underthrows Evans on all the deep balls anymore.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: what pass did Evans drop?

agreed...I just re-watched that play...clearly underthrown...Harris got a break because of the underthrow and was able to break it up
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

He got hit when he was throwing the ball.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Only thing I can think is that JP didn't expect Lee to get that clean a release. That's the problem with timing routes...throwing the ball to a spot based on the play call rather than throwing it to a spot where the WR should be when the ball gets there. He's gotta learn that, while not locking onto his WR, he's still gotta pay attention to what the WR is doing.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

It was underthrown but Evans has no excuse for not making a play on the ball that clearly hit his hands. That's what no. 1 wr's do. Moulds made a living with ball like that.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bflojohn
            • Aug 2005

I looked at this play a number of times (in slo-mo) and the ball "hit" Lee Evans in the hands! I do think that Al Harris got a pinky on it, however, I agree that his play on the ball wasn't the best effort I've ever seen. Tough catch, to be sure, but a better effort, and he might have even scored on that play (the safety was over-running the play, IMO.) From my perspective, Justasportsfan is right!!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I agree with chern on this one- maybe Evans could have made a better play but I don't think it would have made a difference.

Keep in mind this is an NFL receiver running full stride and all of a sudden he has to slow down for an underthrown ball. And the bad timing allowed Harris to close the gap.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I agree with chern on this one- maybe Evans could have made a better play but I don't think it would have made a difference.

Keep in mind this is an NFL receiver running full stride and all of a sudden he has to slow down for an underthrown ball. And the bad timing allowed Harris to close the gap.
                One of The most inaccurate passer with a weak arm that this franchised has had made Moulds carreer by throwing passes like that all day long. Flutie. The guy just threw the ball up there and Moulds more odten than not, had to fight for the ball and came down with it. Not only Flutie but even Van Pelt.

JP underthrew the ball, not doubt, but great revcievers adjust and makes plays. If Evans can't catch balls like that, we need to find a bonafied no. 1 who can. Chris Chambers too made a lving making circus catches from Jay Fiedler and Evans' coach said that Evans is supposed to be better than Chambers.

I do however think , Evans will eventually make those catches. It took Moulds 3 years before he even got noticed.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-06-2006, 01:34 PM.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Both sides are right it was underthrown because JP got his head taken off again and it hit Evans right in the hands. I also watched in slow mo the CB didnt get the ball, Yes he got in the way but Evans should of had that ball.

He catches that ball and Royal catches his ball that hit him in the damn hands and the drives continue and Jps stats are even better.

I dont care what you JP haters say he did what you all wanted him to do all season and manage the game and not make dumb ****ing mistakes and you all are still on his jock. Give him a damn break and realize once the OL is taken fully care of this offseason like it should be we and JP will be better as a TEAM!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                    Both sides are right it was underthrown because JP got his head taken off again and it hit Evans right in the hands. I also watched in slow mo the CB didnt get the ball, Yes he got in the way but Evans should of had that ball.

He catches that ball and Royal catches his ball that hit him in the damn hands and the drives continue and Jps stats are even better.

I dont care what you JP haters say he did what you all wanted him to do all season and manage the game and not make dumb ****ing mistakes and you all are still on his jock. Give him a damn break and realize once the OL is taken fully care of this offseason like it should be we and JP will be better as a TEAM!
                    Excellent post!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Bad pass...poor catch.

Evans doesn't drop many, so he gets a pass.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Bad pass...poor catch.

Evans doesn't drop many, so he gets a pass.
                        uhh, he dropped a touchdown in the last game too...didn't he?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          yup. Granted he was in great coverage, that was a great pass. Like I said though, eventually he'll make those catches. Right now he's bothered by simply trying to get open since he's being targeted by most D's.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            The d-back got his hand in that one I thought.

Regardless...OHHHHHHHH!! Two in eight games...let's cut him.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                              The d-back got his hand in that one I thought..
                              yeah, he did...and it was even more obvious than the pass break up yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X