PDA

View Full Version : what pass did Evans drop?

chernobylwraiths
11-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I can't say I saw the whole game, but if the pass that he "dropped" was the long one on the opposite sidelines where the pass was underthrown you people are delusional. On that play, he had ten yards on the CB and had to wait for the ball to get there and the CB got back to break it up. What the hell happened to the timing between Evans and Losman? Losman either overthrows or underthrows Evans on all the deep balls anymore.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 11:51 AM
agreed...I just re-watched that play...clearly underthrown...Harris got a break because of the underthrow and was able to break it up

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
He got hit when he was throwing the ball.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Only thing I can think is that JP didn't expect Lee to get that clean a release. That's the problem with timing routes...throwing the ball to a spot based on the play call rather than throwing it to a spot where the WR should be when the ball gets there. He's gotta learn that, while not locking onto his WR, he's still gotta pay attention to what the WR is doing.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
It was underthrown but Evans has no excuse for not making a play on the ball that clearly hit his hands. That's what no. 1 wr's do. Moulds made a living with ball like that.

bflojohn
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I looked at this play a number of times (in slo-mo) and the ball "hit" Lee Evans in the hands! I do think that Al Harris got a pinky on it, however, I agree that his play on the ball wasn't the best effort I've ever seen. Tough catch, to be sure, but a better effort, and he might have even scored on that play (the safety was over-running the play, IMO.) From my perspective, Justasportsfan is right!!

OpIv37
11-06-2006, 01:07 PM
I agree with chern on this one- maybe Evans could have made a better play but I don't think it would have made a difference.

Keep in mind this is an NFL receiver running full stride and all of a sudden he has to slow down for an underthrown ball. And the bad timing allowed Harris to close the gap.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I agree with chern on this one- maybe Evans could have made a better play but I don't think it would have made a difference.

Keep in mind this is an NFL receiver running full stride and all of a sudden he has to slow down for an underthrown ball. And the bad timing allowed Harris to close the gap.
One of The most inaccurate passer with a weak arm that this franchised has had made Moulds carreer by throwing passes like that all day long. Flutie. The guy just threw the ball up there and Moulds more odten than not, had to fight for the ball and came down with it. Not only Flutie but even Van Pelt.

JP underthrew the ball, not doubt, but great revcievers adjust and makes plays. If Evans can't catch balls like that, we need to find a bonafied no. 1 who can. Chris Chambers too made a lving making circus catches from Jay Fiedler and Evans' coach said that Evans is supposed to be better than Chambers.

I do however think , Evans will eventually make those catches. It took Moulds 3 years before he even got noticed.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Both sides are right it was underthrown because JP got his head taken off again and it hit Evans right in the hands. I also watched in slow mo the CB didnt get the ball, Yes he got in the way but Evans should of had that ball.

He catches that ball and Royal catches his ball that hit him in the damn hands and the drives continue and Jps stats are even better.

I dont care what you JP haters say he did what you all wanted him to do all season and manage the game and not make dumb ****ing mistakes and you all are still on his jock. Give him a damn break and realize once the OL is taken fully care of this offseason like it should be we and JP will be better as a TEAM!

Michael82
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Both sides are right it was underthrown because JP got his head taken off again and it hit Evans right in the hands. I also watched in slow mo the CB didnt get the ball, Yes he got in the way but Evans should of had that ball.

He catches that ball and Royal catches his ball that hit him in the damn hands and the drives continue and Jps stats are even better.

I dont care what you JP haters say he did what you all wanted him to do all season and manage the game and not make dumb ****ing mistakes and you all are still on his jock. Give him a damn break and realize once the OL is taken fully care of this offseason like it should be we and JP will be better as a TEAM!
Excellent post! :bf1:

YardRat
11-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Bad pass...poor catch.

Evans doesn't drop many, so he gets a pass.

Michael82
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Bad pass...poor catch.

Evans doesn't drop many, so he gets a pass.
uhh, he dropped a touchdown in the last game too...didn't he? :scratch:

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 03:21 PM
yup. Granted he was in great coverage, that was a great pass. Like I said though, eventually he'll make those catches. Right now he's bothered by simply trying to get open since he's being targeted by most D's.

YardRat
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM

The d-back got his hand in that one I thought.

Regardless...OHHHHHHHH!! Two in eight games...let's cut him.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 03:27 PM
The d-back got his hand in that one I thought..
yeah, he did...and it was even more obvious than the pass break up yesterday

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
yeah, he did...and it was even more obvious than the pass break up yesterday
it still landed in his hands and dropped it .

ibatiger
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM

Every game has lots of plays like those. Where are the other passes where he put it on the money to Evans and Royal? Give him the one to Royal and then you have 9 for 15 and 110 yards against the weakest secondary in the league. Big deal. He has got to learn how to read the defense and put the ball in the air to the spot that the defense is giving us before he will get any timing down with the receivers and visa versa. Until then he is just spinning his wheels and so is the team.

Michael82
11-06-2006, 03:57 PM
yup. Granted he was in great coverage, that was a great pass. Like I said though, eventually he'll make those catches. Right now he's bothered by simply trying to get open since he's being targeted by most D's.
Exactly! Did you see the highlight reel catch from the Dolphins/Bears game? Chris Chambers was getting double covered at the goal line and jumped up high enough to get the pass. He got his hand on the ball, between the two defenders and came down with it. Currently, I don't see Lee Evans making those plays yet. That's the difference between Eric Moulds from a few years ago to Lee Evans now.

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
EVANS was WIDE OPEN and I do mean WIDE OPEN early in the route and Losman took too long to find him... Not to mention the underthrow

I dont know whats more shocking.. He underthrew it or he ever saw Evans cause that would mean ole' tunnel vision looked at a second WR on the play.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Exactly! Did you see the highlight reel catch from the Dolphins/Bears game? Chris Chambers was getting double covered at the goal line and jumped up high enough to get the pass. He got his hand on the ball, between the two defenders and came down with it. Currently, I don't see Lee Evans making those plays yet. That's the difference between Eric Moulds from a few years ago to Lee Evans now.
I think some people here are happier that JP threw a perfect pass to Evans in the endzone but didn't score. Who cares that we didn't score, it was however a perfect pass :coocoo:

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
EVANS was WIDE OPEN and I do mean WIDE OPEN early in the route and Losman took too long to find him... Not to mention the underthrow

I dont know whats more shocking.. He underthrew it or he ever saw Evans cause that would mean ole' tunnel vision looked at a second WR on the play.

:wail: "WhaaaaH we scored"

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Im not talking on the play we scored..

****ing you or I could've completed that pass.. Evans had time for dinner waiting for that duck came down.

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 04:48 PM

****ing you or I could've completed that pass.. Evans had time for dinner waiting for that duck came down.
he should've caught it. It was a lousy throw and a lousy catch.

Michael82
11-06-2006, 04:55 PM

and the best part would have been to see you get ****ing slammed to the ground the same way that JP was slammed to the ground after he threw that touchdown to Lee Evans. you probably would have been crying and then gotten taken out of the game. :::

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 04:57 PM
and the best part would have been to see you get ****ing slammed to the ground the same way that JP was slammed to the ground after he threw that touchdown to Lee Evans. you probably would have been crying and then gotten taken out of the game. :::

Before I woulda cried and got taken out of the game, I would have almost led to the Bills to as many first downs as Losman did.

Michael82
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Before I woulda cried and got taken out of the game, I would have almost led to the Bills to as many first downs as Losman did.
and you would have probably had 5 or 6 fumbles in the game from how bad the pass blocking is. :::

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 05:03 PM
and you would have probably had 5 or 6 fumbles in the game from how bad the pass blocking is. :::
LOL, that wouldnt many more than J-Loss has had over the last month.. and he's a HIGH PAID NFL quarterback, and i'm a broken down, middle-age approaching armchair quarterback.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Y'know pat...with these bold statements...you're coming close to sounding like someone with a rather chilly handle :gag: ;)

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Y'know pat...with these bold statements...you're coming close to sounding like someone with a rather chilly handle :gag: ;)
oh HELL no dude...
I STARTED by only commenting that the TD was a HORRIBLE throw and earlier than that Evans was WIDE open and Losman both WAITED too long and then underthrew him..

He sucks dude.. sorry.

jmb1099
11-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Look, I saw a real number one receiver play last night. Manning threw a crappy pass in the endzone to harrison who twisted his entire body around, stuck one hand out, popped the ball out, and then managed to snag it all the while dragging both feet to stay in bounds. Yes, the Losman pass was underthrown, but manning's pass to harrison was ugly too, uglier in fact. The difference is that harrison made a play, Evans did not. Losman needs to improve NO QUESTION! BUT SO DOES THE REST OF THE OFFENSE
Maybe if I bold type it it will sink in? Nah

SABURZFAN
11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
He got hit when he was throwing the ball.

that's what happens when the tool holds onto the ball too long.

YardRat
11-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Look, I saw a real number one receiver play last night. Manning threw a crappy pass in the endzone to harrison who twisted his entire body around, stuck one hand out, popped the ball out, and then managed to snag it all the while dragging both feet to stay in bounds. Yes, the Losman pass was underthrown, but manning's pass to harrison was ugly too, uglier in fact. The difference is that harrison made a play, Evans did not. Losman needs to improve NO QUESTION! BUT SO DOES THE REST OF THE OFFENSE
Maybe if I bold type it it will sink in? Nah

You're kidding, right? Great catch by Harrison, granted, but...it was a perfect throw by Manning. There wasn't anybody on the field that had a chance of sniffing that ball except for Marvin.

That's what good QB's do...put the ball in a position where his guy has a chance to make a play. It's all the difference in the world between a TD and a FG, or worse, an interception.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2006, 09:24 PM

pat sounds a 1000 times smarter than ICE.

jmb1099
11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
You're kidding, right? Great catch by Harrison, granted, but...it was a perfect throw by Manning. There wasn't anybody on the field that had a chance of sniffing that ball except for Marvin.

That's what good QB's do...put the ball in a position where his guy has a chance to make a play. It's all the difference in the world between a TD and a FG, or worse, an interception.
YR, even though we disagree, I usually see where you're coming from. This time I just don't see it. If the ball is merely put on the outside of the receiver, than harrison makes a fairly easy grab. But it was so far outside of him that he had to twist his boidy around, stab the at the ball with one hand to pop it up, and then grab it while dragging his feet along the turf all the while making sure he had control of it the whole time. I am a huge P Manning fan, but that play was all harrison. So no I am not kidding, not even close.

mikemac2001
11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Hit his hands i expect my number one to catch it, evans also dropped one two weeks ago in the endzone i believe ....i love evans i just cant seem the blame only on JP

The_Philster
11-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Hit his hands i expect my number one to catch it, evans also dropped one two weeks ago in the endzone i believe ....i love evans i just cant seem the blame only on JP
That one against the Pats was knocked away by a defender...why did everyone miss that part of it?

SABURZFAN
11-07-2006, 06:54 AM
That one against the Pats was knocked away by a defender...why did everyone miss that part of it?

probably the same reason why some of you homers can't see that losman is a horrible QB.

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 06:56 AM

Evans didn't have to stretch or dive for that pass. He should've caught that lousy throw.