PDA

View Full Version : At this rate, when will JP be any good?

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't see any improvement whatsoever, but for those of you who do, when do you think he'll go from one of the worst QBs in the league to one of the best? One more year? Two years?

jamze132
11-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't see any improvement whatsoever, but for those of you who do, when do you think he'll go from one of the worst QBs in the league to one of the best? One more year? Two years?
Good question. But there is no timetable for him to become "good". Right now he has his oportunity to show everyone what he can do, but we as a team can't afford next year to be like this year if he shows no improvement. This his his chance, and I won't second guess the FO if they decide to go in another direction next year. But he should get the rest of the seaon to see if he makes any improvements.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
bump....

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 01:58 AM

If you do see it , at this rate it will be long after he gets shuffled out of Buffalo.

Like say when he's 36 years old playing for Detroit .

He'll be throwing to Jerry Rice's kid and handing off to Thurman's son.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 02:00 AM
If you do see it , at this rate it will be long after he gets shuffled out of Buffalo.

Like say when he's 36 years old playing for Detroit .

He'll be throwing to Jerry Rice's kid and handing off to Thurman's son.

i doubt he'll be around for that long.look at rob johnson.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:03 AM

One year, provided we realize that we dont have enough talent and build the team further. It will be critical for any Bills QB to have MUCH better pass protection than we saw today.

Peters, Gandy or other, Fowler, Eric Steinbach, Max Starks.

Fix the trenches and JP will look just fine.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Actually for those who don't see that JP isn't the problem right now please keep in mind that he has gone 2 games without a turnover, he still has more TD's than INT's and his completion rate is in the 60's. Whe he has a real OL, not HOF line, just a decent one than I'll be the first to hang his ass. When Jauron is saying that your pass game is being hampered by the line than I'll go with him instead of the fans on this site.

don137
11-13-2006, 07:26 AM
One year, provided we realize that we dont have enough talent and build the team further. It will be critical for any Bills QB to have MUCH better pass protection than we saw today.

Peters, Gandy or other, Fowler, Eric Steinbach, Max Starks.

Fix the trenches and JP will look just fine.

The problem with the fix the trenches is then you are basically saying this year does not count because the line is terrible.
I really want JP to be successful but I am totally confused by this coaching staff. They want to give him a full year to evaluate him yet they don't let him do anything to give them stuff to evaluate. If the OL is so bad why don't they do more quick passes or roll JP out of the pocket more to buy time. It makes no sense. I have not liked a lot of what I have seen in JP but cryin out loud you need to utilize his strengths and let him play a little. You can't coddle him and not let him play and fully evaluate him.
If they have come to the decision that JP is not the guy so they just let him do 15 passes a game why is he in there? I did not like what I saw in Nall but if they do not think he is the answer then why not at least give Nall a chance.
Personally I say live and die by the sword. Keep JP in there and let him air it out 25 times a game. If he continues to stink then go in another direction but at least you know. Letting him throw 28 times in two games combined is not accomplishing anything.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 07:55 AM
The problem with the fix the trenches is then you are basically saying this year does not count because the line is terrible.
I really want JP to be successful but I am totally confused by this coaching staff. They want to give him a full year to evaluate him yet they don't let him do anything to give them stuff to evaluate. If the OL is so bad why don't they do more quick passes or roll JP out of the pocket more to buy time. It makes no sense. I have not liked a lot of what I have seen in JP but cryin out loud you need to utilize his strengths and let him play a little. You can't coddle him and not let him play and fully evaluate him.
If they have come to the decision that JP is not the guy so they just let him do 15 passes a game why is he in there? I did not like what I saw in Nall but if they do not think he is the answer then why not at least give Nall a chance.
Personally I say live and die by the sword. Keep JP in there and let him air it out 25 times a game. If he continues to stink then go in another direction but at least you know. Letting him throw 28 times in two games combined is not accomplishing anything.

I agree but you are making one big assumption? I believe that JP is past being evaluated. I think the coaching staff is okay with JP and they are developing him for next year. I think Jauron has some gonads, and unlike MM, is willing to scarifice this season so the team can be better next year. They want JP reading the field and refuse to roll him out.