PDA

View Full Version : Clements backed up his talk with a truck load of...

Quizlet2002
08-17-2002, 12:37 AM
...BING, BANG and RANDY your IN MY HOUSE NOW... I think with-out a doubt Clements backed up his words. You also know Randy is trying when he is diving all over and not catching many. For- Randy had 4 receptions. 1 was a big 40 yard play. The other 3 where little small dump-offs. 1 of his catches Clements wasnt guarding. Clements was 1-0 on T-A. 0 sacks (should be 1 but didnt call hitting culpepper over 1 yard a sack) and nearly 1 int.

As far as the crowd goes I thought it was great. Nearly a 50,000 crowd seating just lit up for a pre-season game. I loved how the crowd booed the ref on the bad fumble call. DAMN REFS.

Hey did anyone see me? Bills side. 20 yard line. 1st row (field) seat 10. There was a hilarious guy behind me. Short spiked here, and mustache (mostly paying attention to the girls) and calling Priestly ELVIS, and Travis Brown (Jim Brown)....

iceblizzard69
08-17-2002, 09:53 AM
You think Moss actually tried? If Moss tried he would kill Clements in a second.

justasportsfan
08-17-2002, 10:02 AM
yeah, I'm not celebrating yet. Our D sucked. Both run and pass. When the smoke clears ,I think we'll get better.

casdhf
08-17-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You think Moss actually tried? If Moss tried he would kill Clements in a second.

Maybe, but I'll take Clements over Chambers any day of the week.

Quizlet2002
08-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

lol- Why is there a dolphins fan on our message board? :fishfry:

I dunno dude--- those 4 catches he caught sure looked like he was trying--- oh and how he was about to cry when Clements smacked his ball into outer space in the endzone

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 02:16 PM
Didn't see the game, so my comments are next to worthless as far as Clements vs. Moss goes. But if Moss only played for about half the game and still ended up with 4 catches and 71 yards, that to me implies that it was at least an even result, if not one that favoured Moss - although with our DL, keeping moss from 10 catches for 200 yards has to be considered a victory by Clements.

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Another thing to think about as far as Moss' game is concerned. Aside from Travis Brown, no one on our team threw, ran, rushed, nor totaled the number of yards that Moss put up (including Bledsoe's throwing yards). On a day when everyone says our offense was clicking, I'd say that means Moss had a pretty good game.

Quizlet2002
08-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Well--- to correct you a bit! First of all, moss played three more series than Bledsoe and Bledsoe still had only 1 yard less than moss. And moss got 70 yards because he had one big 40 yarder that clements wasnt covering... so--- and btw; the bills out numbered the vikes--

vikings= 558 yards
bills= 589 yard

period................................:patriot:

Typ0
08-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Bledsoe is a QB and Moss is a receiver.

Clements wasn't covering...but he was supposed to be.

Clements really laid down some good coverage when Moss fell down.

Quizlet2002
08-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey Typ0=== which game where ya watching bud? Clements covered 2 of Moss's catches- swatted to balls and broke up 2 plays in the short time he was playing

I was comparng QB to Reciever because Scott brought it up

Typ0
08-17-2002, 04:51 PM
OK Quiz calm down. Moss is an outrageous talent no one can cover him.

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 04:54 PM
I wasn't comparing Moss to Bledsoe, I was comparing Moss to every single player on our offense, I just named Bledsoe specifically because he was the closest person in yards to Moss so I thought some might think I was mistaken about Bledsoe having less yards than Moss.
And if Moss only played a bit more than a half, then I'd definitely say that 4 for 71 is a solid game - he may not have beaten Clements, but Clements definitely didn't shut him down either.

Typ0
08-17-2002, 05:00 PM
On his first reception he pretty much destroyed our secondary. It was very impressive.

shawn
08-17-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
OK Quiz calm down. Moss is an outrageous talent no one can cover him.

I never agree with Quiz but he has a right to discuss the sickening play of Clements since Clements was talking smack about his match up with Moss before the game.

The_Philster
08-17-2002, 09:44 PM
He'd have a right to discuss it had it actually happened....Nate was hardly matched up with Moss, it seemed.

Quizlet2002
08-17-2002, 10:20 PM
I wasnt getting mad Typ0--- I guess it is all in how you see it. I saw it as- Moss had 1 good catch. His first for 40 yards that clements was NOT covering. The other 3 where short 5-7 yard dumps... that is all I am saying. And many times Green was coming close to cutting Moss last year and I remember NFL today making fun of moss also. I believe people do hoot and holler to much about him... :pimp:

shawn
08-17-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
He'd have a right to discuss it had it actually happened....Nate was hardly matched up with Moss, it seemed.

I was disguisted with Clements overall performance. Did you see him totally miss two tackles?

lordofgun
08-17-2002, 11:28 PM
I didn't see any of the game, but I listened and it sounded like Winfield was covering Moss a lot. Could be wrong though...

Typ0
08-17-2002, 11:56 PM
The defense played prevent the whole game and every time someone blew an assignment Winfield was expected to stop the play. He did a great job but we need a much better effort to stop the play at the LOS. Our DB need to play one on one to get the opportunity to play like they can play. If our D can't cover enough to break away from the zone D and also can't cover well enough in the zone D we are in serious trouble. If we can solve the problem at the line and move on to get some pass pressure our DB will have a much better opportunity to get INT's. It's much easier to stomach giving up some big plays when we can grab a ball at a decent consistency. We're rarely going to stop the opposition from making their plays...we just have to be in the best position to exploit our own opportunities.

lordofgun
08-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Hopefully, we were just playing them zone so that they couldn't adjust for the regular season. Greg said it would be a very vanilla D before the game.

Quizlet2002
08-18-2002, 12:43 AM
Well you do have to consider than Clements played a little more than nill in the first pre-season and if youve been to camp he isnt in on the tackling drills... give him some time to get back in the flow... i have to agree, I do like Antoine to

Typ0
08-18-2002, 08:03 AM
That's just about it LOG. Not only was it zone it was an ultra-conservative zone which is why I called it the prevent. Basically, they were just hanging back there hoping to keep Cullpepper's connections from eating us alive. Problem is they are still expected to play the LOS because the guys up there aren't getting the job done. Then the backs begin to cheat up and that leaves them exposed down field. Then the back-field looks incompetent when really they are playing above themselves and being stretched too thin.

justasportsfan
08-18-2002, 05:44 PM
If you give the opposing QB time to download his email and do a little surfing, I don't care who covers who. Eventually that receiver is gonna get free.

We could've had Batman and Robin as our corners and they wouldn't be able to do anything with their gadgets. Then again I'm glad their not our corners. I already have a problem w/ men in tights let alone those who wear their underwear outside.

If our D-line passed rushed (instead of passed gas) Moss would have done squat. I can only hope that GW and Jerry Gray were showing the Vikes we had no D just to surprise them in the 2nd week.