PDA

View Full Version : Only Wins the Bills Have Are Ugly Wins

raphael120
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Miami game. 1 somewhat big offensive play by Miami and they win it.

Vikings game. Add 15 seconds to the game and Brad Johnson marches further down that field and scores.

Green Bay game. Defense doesn't get that one INT when Farve decides to throw against the lowly Bills run D on the 1 yard line. The GB DB is within the same zip code of Lee Evans on that TD pass.

When are the Bills ever going to win based on how good they are and not win based on how HORRIBLE the other team was?????????????

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM
When we have most all our players playing like solid football players....not much simpler an answer than that

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
that's what surprise teams do. We win ugly. I'd rather win ugly than lose great.

raphael120
11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
that's what surprise teams do. We win ugly. I'd rather win ugly than lose great.

they suprisingly suck. thats the only suprise.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll agree with that for the most part....except that I hope the wins start getting less ugly..because teams that win ugly rarely go far...but I truly think we are lacking in a few areas for that to happen

LtFinFan66
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
coming from a Fin fan...I guess I would take 3 ugly wins over one ugly win and one good win

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
I'll agree with that for the most part....except that I hope the wins start getting less ugly..because teams that win ugly rarely go far...but I truly think we are lacking in a few areas for that to happen
Phil It's a rebuilding team. No one picked us to do anythng at the start of the season. I'm not surprised one bit with where we are. I expected all these struggles.

raphael120
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
i'd rather have 1 good win than 3 ugly. 3 ugly wins just masks the fact that your team sucks and shows no promise, at least 1 good win shows theyre capable of being a complete team that can dominate on both sides of the ball and out play a team and not rely on luck. i want to see a flash of something from the bills. and the only place i see that is on D. i like what i see on D, cept for the run D.

The_Philster
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Phil It's a rebuilding team. No one picked us to do anythng at the start of the season. I'm not surprised one bit with where we are. I expected all these struggles.
I did too...I'm just thinking that the wins have got to start looking less ugly in the 2nd half of the season...or else we may be farther away than we thought...I was thinking playoffs next year

justasportsfan
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
i'd rather have 1 good win than 3 ugly. 3 ugly wins just masks the fact that your team sucks and shows no promise, at least 1 good win shows theyre capable of being a complete team that can dominate on both sides of the ball and out play a team and not rely on luck. i want to see a flash of something from the bills. and the only place i see that is on D. i like what i see on D, cept for the run D.

you'd rather have 1 win instead of 3 regardless of how we win? That's just stupid. Tell that to the Pats who won ugly all the way to their first sb.

You must've been a Rob Johnson fan.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2006, 05:14 PM
If this If that. Bla bla Bla Bla . We won those games thats all that matters. As long as its not a 3-0,6-3 game that is boring as hell I can live with it.

raphael120
11-06-2006, 05:59 PM
you'd rather have 1 win instead of 3 regardless of how we win? That's just stupid. Tell that to the Pats who won ugly all the way to their first sb.

You must've been a Rob Johnson fan.

fool yourself all you want...

youre like a homeless person who is excited to have wax fruit givin to them.

feelthepain
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
When are the Bills ever going to win based on how good they are and not win based on how HORRIBLE the other team was?????????????

Gee, wasn't that my argument when the Dolphins lost to the Bills??? We lost that game the Bills didn't win it!! The Dolphins have a very good D and an O that can move the ball even against the best D's in the league, we are much better then our record indicates.

Devin
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
:roflmao:

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Gee, wasn't that my argument when the Dolphins lost to the Bills??? We lost that game the Bills didn't win it!! The Dolphins have a very good D and an O that can move the ball even against the best D's in the league, we are much better then our record indicates.

bull****... YOu didnt beat yourselves in week two, the Bills defense OWNED you.

Culpepper didnt have snaps going off his facemask and another fumbled from center. and Culpep never got to the goaline to be picked in the end zone.. Buffalo's defense DOMINATED you.

GReen Bay on the other hand GIFT WRAPPED this game for us.. Their offense CLEARLY outplayed ours and then bonhead turnovers killed them..

Culpepper was getting knocked on his ass every third play.. that aint giving us anything, we took that ****.

dplus47
11-06-2006, 09:51 PM
style points are for video games. i hope you guys beat the colts 3-2, with the colts getting the 2 on an intentional safety at the end. (i dislike peyton manning that much.)

seriously, though, part of what a young team needs to do is learn how to win, and ugly wins are as much a part of that as pretty ones. and i fully agree with LtFinFan on this point: i'd sure take 3 ugly wins at this point.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I wish our record was better obviously, but close wins bring character to a team.

hammerbillsfan
11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Ugly wins are better than ugly losses.

Can't believe some of you want to lose now. :down:

feelthepain
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Culpepper was getting knocked on his ass every third play.. that aint giving us anything, we took that ****.

Uh huh, who's not playing for the fins right now?? The injured Daunte?? We were sacked 21 times with Daunte in 4 games and sacked just 5 times with Joey since Daunte was replaced, you think you earned that?? Get a clue. Daunte couldn't move the way he needs to move due his knee not being a 100%. You just keep living in your dream world, your team can't beat anyone, they have to wait till teams have bad games in order to win them. Look how pathetic JP is, in just the Dolphins and GB games JP doesn't even have 200 yards passing, but between Favre and Daunte they had 537 yards passing against the Bills. In both those Bill wins, it was the other teams mistakes that gave the Bills the win.

jmb1099
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long...wow

jmb1099
11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Uh huh, who's not playing for the fins right now?? The injured Daunte?? We were sacked 21 times with Daunte in 4 games and sacked just 5 times with Joey since Daunte was replaced, you think you earned that?? Get a clue. Daunte couldn't move the way he needs to move due his knee not being a 100%. You just keep living in your dream world, your team can't beat anyone, they have to wait till teams have bad games in order to win them. Look how pathetic JP is, in just the Dolphins and GB games JP doesn't even have 200 yards passing, but between Favre and Daunte they had 537 yards passing against the Bills. In both those Bill wins, it was the other teams mistakes that gave the Bills the win.
Didn't GB beat you guys? Didn't we beat you guys? You played one good game this year, its a reason to cheer and like I told Bling congrats on the win, but wow

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 07:01 AM
fool yourself all you want...

youre like a homeless person who is excited to have wax fruit givin to them.

A homeless person would be an improvement over someone who chooses to be a loser instead of a winner. You'd rather look good looking loser . No matter what you're still a LOSER in the end instead of a winner. ha. That's pathetic.

You would rather be where the fins are at then eh? They were picked by experts to win the division and some to make it to the sb. With the way you think, who cares if they didn't live up to expectation and most likely won't even make playoffs as long as they beat the mighty Bears? You must be impressed. :laughter: