PDA

View Full Version : Bigger, Faster, Stronger..

Tatonka
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah.. sure TKO..

I basically forgot that he played for us..

I did see him sweating on the sidelines, but i have no idea why.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
talk about somebody on the decline in their career...

Nighthawk
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
He's a ghost out there. It seems that the injury really took it's toll on him and he may never be the same.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Sam Cowart all over again.

gr8slayer
11-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I dont want to believe it but it's true so far for the most part.

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
It's not like hes playing horrible first of all, second of all you all knew going in that it takes a long time to get back to your old self after this injury just ask Julian Peterson. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Lets see if he shows some good signs down the stretch.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2006, 07:42 PM
It's not like hes playing horrible first of all, second of all you all knew going in that it takes a long time to get back to your old self after this injury just ask Julian Peterson. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. Lets see if he shows some good signs down the stretch.

I hope you're right and he does come around. This season is a lost cause anyway, so maybe it would be in our best interest to limit his number of plays the rest of the way.

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-06-2006, 07:49 PM
no it wouldn't because he needs to feel the speed of the nfl to get back if anything we need to play him a lot.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Well TKO was right about one thing....

BIGGER...his wallet sure is bigger now.

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Im gonna "sorta" disagree with this..

He is FAR from dominate, you're 100% on the money with that Tatonka.. But, I think he's coming along.. He looked a lot quicker Sunday than he did the week before. I mean none were bone-crushing, but he did have nine tackles.

I think he's going to get better. Not 2004 better, but significantly better than he's been til now.

SABURZFAN
11-06-2006, 09:00 PM
his best days were in cincinatti.

ICE74129
11-07-2006, 07:17 AM
He's a ghost out there. It seems that the injury really took it's toll on him and he may never be the same.I think some of us tried to tell you guys that. All the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to change the fact he isn't going to be anywhere near what he was

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Give the guy a chance guys come on. He is trying to come back from the worst possible injury in the sport. Give him some time at least.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2006, 08:00 AM

I don't have any issues with you Stampede and you are a good poster but Spikes isn't my brother, friend, or a cousion. As a fan, I don't need to be patient either. He's on the wrong side of 30 and this is an injury that you DON'T come back from and regain 100% of your ability. He's done and it's time to move on.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2006, 08:04 AM
I think some of us tried to tell you guys that. All the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to change the fact he isn't going to be anywhere near what he was

The "some of us" was me. I knew the details better than most here but I got crap for it anyway. Santa is not real either. He's done so get over it and move on.

This idea that we have to give him a chance is ridiculous. For what? He got paid. I'd like to win around here. If he can't help us do that than let's stop wasting a roster spot. I watched the game and he was horrible. HORRIBLE! rewatch it if you don't believe me. Plus he looks like he ways 210 out there. Where's his muscle mass?

Statman
11-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes. It's also unfair to blame him for it. Everyone knows that when you have an Achilles injury that you're never the same if you are a defender.

Can anyone blame TKO?

Why did anyone believe he would be back at full strength?

Lee-83
11-07-2006, 08:23 AM
After this season cut him and start Ellison.

madness
11-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Give the guy a chance guys come on. He is trying to come back from the worst possible injury in the sport. Give him some time at least.

Not to mention he's playing in a new scheme in which he has no experience. He can't rely just on his instincts anymore, a lot of things about his position are totally new to him. He's also way behind everyone else in terms of field experience since he never could go 'all out' this preseason.

You're a fool if you don't give him a whole season to come full stride, but let's not let facts get in the way... Let's string him up and add him to the list of 'reasons why we suck'! :bandwagon

HHURRICANE
11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
You're a fool if you don't give him a whole season to come full stride, but let's not let facts get in the way... Let's string him up and add him to the list of 'reasons why we suck'! :bandwagon

He's going to get the whole season no-matter-what. Do we have anyone behind him? But he should get added to the list because he currently is a non-entity out there.

Plus you're carzy if you think we are keeping him next year for 5.5 million.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Not to mention he's playing in a new scheme in which he has no experience. He can't rely just on his instincts anymore, a lot of things about his position are totally new to him. He's also way behind everyone else in terms of field experience since he never could go 'all out' this preseason.

Did you happen to catch on the pick by KO, Spikes running upfield trailing the play....he was running with a limp. It has nothing to do with the new scheme and learning it. It has to do with the fact he's not healthy enough to be on the field to help this defense. At this point, he's a liability.

Will we ever regain his old form? no one knows.

But economics dictate he won't be on this roster next year unless he takes a huge paycut. He makes like what 6 million or 7 million? He's not worth the salary at this juncture.

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm willing to be patient. It's not like we were expecting to make playoffs this year anyways. If this year ws meant for our young players to develop, might as well use it to get him into the swing of things. We all knew this injury takes longer to heal than a torn ACL/MCL.

Ickybaluky
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
He's on the wrong side of 30 and this is an injury that you DON'T come back from and regain 100% of your ability. He's done and it's time to move on.

He is actually 29. He doesn't turn 30 until next month and won't enter the wrong side if it for 13 months.

Achilles injury aside, LB is not a position where you are done in your early 30's. There are tons of LB out there who perform well after 30, it is not like RB.

Time will tell if Spikes regains his pre-injury form, but there have been others that have done so. He is barely a year over his injury date, so he still has some time to go before he can be judged. That said, the second half of the season should be important to him, because he has to show improvement to justify his high salary next season. Based on the recovery other players have shown (Julian Peterson, Mike Brown, Ronald Curry), he should start to gain his old from back in the last couple months.

madness
11-07-2006, 01:01 PM
He is actually 29. He doesn't turn 30 until next month and won't enter the wrong side if it for 13 months.

Achilles injury aside, LB is not a position where you are done in your early 30's. There are tons of LB out there who perform well after 30, it is not like RB.

Time will tell if Spikes regains his pre-injury form, but there have been others that have done so. He is barely a year over his injury date, so he still has some time to go before he can be judged. That said, the second half of the season should be important to him, because he has to show improvement to justify his high salary next season. Based on the recovery other players have shown (Julian Peterson, Mike Brown, Ronald Curry), he should start to gain his old from back in the last couple months.

As usual, :goodpost:

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 01:13 PM

Time will tell if Spikes regains his pre-injury form, but there have been others that have done so. He is barely a year over his injury date, so he still has some time to go before he can be judged. That said, the second half of the season should be important to him, because he has to show improvement to justify his high salary next season. Based on the recovery other players have shown (Julian Peterson, Mike Brown, Ronald Curry), he should start to gain his old from back in the last couple months.Like I said on a different thread, never underestimate the heart of a warrior.

Speaking of warriors, how's Seau been doing since he joined the Pats? Is he at least an asset?

HHURRICANE
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Like I said on a different thread, never underestimate the heart of a warrior.

Speaking of warriors, how's Seau been doing since he joined the Pats? Is he at least an asset?

Let me try this again. In a month he will be on the wrong side of thirty. You don't pay 5.5 million for a guy with a bad achilles who is limping around the field. You just don't, no matter how big his heart is!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I think everyone is being too hard in him and expecting too much from him at this point. I know he makes a lot of money, but that injury is a ***** to come back from and it takes almost a whole year of playing time to tell.

raphael120
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
think he'd take a pay cut? renegotiate? i mean...who really would pick him up?

remember, WE"RE the team that signs the washed up talent...he belongs here

socalfan
11-07-2006, 01:19 PM
With Elison in there we were 2-2 with TKO in there we are 1-3.

Ickybaluky
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Yeah, he has played well beyond expectations. He has picked up the system quickly and been stellar against the run. He has lost some range, obviously, but he still has great instincts and anticipates the play. He is a hard guy to fool and has really worked well inside with Bruschi, which has allowed Mike Vrabel to stay outside.

The question with Seau now remains his staying healthy. He hasn't made it through a full season in 5 years, so it hardly seems reasonable to expect him to last the season without missing some time. The Pats have been playing him inside on run downs, short yardage and goalline, so he isn't playing full-time. However, it is still a question whether he can hold up.

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, he has played well beyond expectations. He has picked up the system quickly and been stellar against the run. He has lost some range, obviously, but he still has great instincts and anticipates the play. He is a hard guy to fool and has really worked well inside with Bruschi, which has allowed Mike Vrabel to stay outside.

The question with Seau now remains his staying healthy. He hasn't made it through a full season in 5 years, so it hardly seems reasonable to expect him to last the season without missing some time. The Pats have been playing him inside on run downs, short yardage and goalline, so he isn't playing full-time. However, it is still a question whether he can hold up.
He and Montana were my favorite players of all time until Seau joined the fins and now the pats. :hitself:

justasportsfan
11-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Let me try this again. In a month he will be on the wrong side of thirty. You don't pay 5.5 million for a guy with a bad achilles who is limping around the field. You just don't, no matter how big his heart is!!You don't just give up on a special player like Spikes too soon either. Like someone said here, if he doesn't improve towards the end of the season, then and only then will we need to reasses his contract with the team.

DynaPaul
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM

Or Bryce Paup.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
You don't just give up on a special player like Spikes too soon either. Like someone said here, if he doesn't improve towards the end of the season, then and only then will we need to reasses his contract with the team.

Bo Jackson was a special player. If he can't play, he can't play. He has til the end of the year no matter what. We'll see.

G. Host
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Since Bills are obligated to pay him this year and are not in cap trouble next year the Bills ought to look for 'value' LBs in offseason but give TKO chance to show he is worth keeping in offseason. Bills could cut him just before game 1 if they needed to.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
think he'd take a pay cut? renegotiate? i mean...who really would pick him up?

remember, WE"RE the team that signs the washed up talent...he belongs here

If we were to cut him, which I see as a 50/50 proposition right now, someone would pick him up with an incentive laden contract to see if he can prove he still belongs in the nfl.

Cowart was picked up after all and has played productive ball after the achilles, just took some time to recover.

In the salary cap NFL you can't afford to pay someone 5.5 mill for someone who's nowhere near 100%.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2006, 10:05 PM
With Elison in there we were 2-2 with TKO in there we are 1-3.

Yeah, get Ellison back in there so we can start winning again! :)

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah I am sure the Keith Ellison was the key to all those victories.......

justasportsfan
11-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Bo Jackson was a special player. If he can't play, he can't play. He has til the end of the year no matter what. We'll see. Bo had an injury that even ended his baseball carreer ,and in football he a moving target. Spikes does the hitting. Apples and oranges.

In the meantime, spikes had an injury that people have been able to overcome especially with todays medical improvement.

Lee-83
11-08-2006, 08:37 AM
20 tackles, **** you!

R. Rich
11-08-2006, 09:08 AM
talk about somebody on the decline in their career...

That's a bit unfair. I still think Tatonka has potential.