PDA

View Full Version : The Tripplett and Fletch thread

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 08:53 PM
With all this talk about what a joke our offense and our offensive "leader" are.. London Fletcher and Larry Tripplett were absolute MONSTERS on Sunday....

Tripplett finally showed us why we paid that much money.. He was in that backfield ALL day long..

And with K Williams continuing to get better (And Tim Anderson played well too).. YOu see what happens when the line cant get to Fletch on every play.. He's a PLAYMAKER..

This is the way this defense is SUPPOSED to look.. and if Tripplett starts playing like that more, and im telling you now Kyle Williams is the LONG term answer.. This front four is going to be REALLY good, which will make our LB's very Chicago'ish.

YardRat
11-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm really pleased with the way the defense performed on Sunday...especially the line.

I don't care if the Pack had two rookies starting at the guard positions...they still stepped up.

Slim
11-06-2006, 08:56 PM
To bad Kelsay was practically non-existant sunday.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Dude, I dont think K Williams is getting enough credit. I know you mentioned him, but he is definately the unsung hero, IMHO.

Slim
11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Dude, I dont think K Williams is getting enough credit. I know you mentioned him, but he is definately the unsung hero, IMHO.

I agree,its nice having him and Schobel. They are both high motor guys who never quit.

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I think Kyle Williams could end up being the best of ALL the rookies on this entire team, and thats a compliment, because I like our draft class.

GarnOFreak
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Food for thought about the DL in general and the DE specifically: we're getting a lot more pressure (stat-wise at least) this year than last year.

2006 Sacks: Schobel 7, Kelsay 5, Denney 3 (so that would be about 30 for the season for the DEs and 46 for the whole team...we currently have 23)

2005 Sacks: Schobel 12, Kelsay 2.5, Denney 4 (18.5 by the DEs, the team ended up with 38 total)

That's progress so far, here's hoping they keep it up. They were really getting close to Favre this week, man, he's got a fast release.

I posted in another thread my thoughts on Tripplett, I was really impressed this week...hope he's not a robert edwards type who flashes and fades weekly. I know it's hard to see the consistancey when we have a rotaion at DT like they do, but he really seemed to be around the ball A LOT this week.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
This is what's great about watching the WHOLE season before judging players.. DT is still a need, but nowhere near as big as before, but there is still room for all that to change, hopefully it doesnt though :D ..

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I dont think DT is even CLOSE to being our biggest need.

IMO
1- Quarterback
2- Right Tackle
3- DE (an upgrade over Kelsay would make our front four NASTY)
4- 2nd WR
5- Right Guard

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I dont think DT is even CLOSE to being our biggest need.

IMO
1- Quarterback
2- Right Tackle
3- DE (an upgrade over Kelsay would make our front four NASTY)
4- 2nd WR
5- Right Guard
QB is still a ?. DE I dont think is as dire as many think. 2nd WR is close to the top of my list, a RT is needed. RG is a ? for me, I think Merz may be able to step in, but I cant judge further because he only played against NE.

patmoran2006
11-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Merz is a "if" and we have too many "ifs" on the line already.

A Pro Bowl DE to play alongside of Schobel would make our front four look like a Bears Front four (to an extent) and of course would make life easier for the secondary.. a DE is a very high priority to me, in a cover two defense especially.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Our right side of the line is putting up better numbers than the left. Schobel vs Denney and Kelsay. 7 sacks versus 8, as GarnOfreak so kindly posted.. Obviously, Schobel is putting up better numbers than Kelsay and Denney, however by having 2 good lineups on the right side at DE, it boosts up production. Cover 2 is about having good depth, similar to hockey nowadays.

LB is a big need, imo. That may include resigning Fletcher or drafting a LB. #2 WR is a big need also, as you stated.. OL is probably our biggest priority, we need to fix it this offseason.

Slim
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Our right side of the line is putting up better numbers than the left. Schobel vs Denney and Kelsay. 7 sacks versus 8, as GarnOfreak so kindly posted.. Obviously, Schobel is putting up better numbers than Kelsay and Denney, however by having 2 good lineups on the right side at DE, it boosts up production. Cover 2 is about having good depth, similar to hockey nowadays.

LB is a big need, imo. That may include resigning Fletcher or drafting a LB. #2 WR is a big need also, as you stated.. OL is probably our biggest priority, we need to fix it this offseason.

They have more sacks, but sacks aren't as important as pressuring the QB.. Getting a sack is great, but getting consistent pressure on the QB will do wonders for your defense.. Kelsay doesnt not apply pressure often, and Ryan Denny had one good game.