PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Like This Particular Criticism of JP

Typ0
11-07-2006, 06:43 AM
That he sits on the bench by himself. I don't think it's anything that deserves criticism. Every guy is going to handle himself differently and find success differently.

I really think his problem is he's thinking too much. He's running over everything in his head. He's got so much studying and has yet to truly implement any of his learning. I'd like to see this kid play when he can get a grip on what he knows and get his head out of his ass and into the game. It's probably not going to happen this year.

ICE74129
11-07-2006, 07:11 AM
That he sits on the bench by himself. I don't think it's anything that deserves criticism. Every guy is going to handle himself differently and find success differently.

I really think his problem is he's thinking too much. He's running over everything in his head. He's got so much studying and has yet to truly implement any of his learning. I'd like to see this kid play when he can get a grip on what he knows and get his head out of his ass and into the game. It's probably not going to happen this year.

Good points

OpIv37
11-07-2006, 07:32 AM
I think the most valid criticism of JP is when people complain about how the O-linemen don't help him up after he takes a hit. After all, it's JP's fault that the OL's are being asses who are frustrated with their own play.

/sarcasm.

ICE74129
11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
I think the most valid criticism of JP is when people complain about how the O-linemen don't help him up after he takes a hit. After all, it's JP's fault that the OL's are being asses who are frustrated with their own play.

/sarcasm.

They should be, they suck. (no sarcasm...they really suck)

Typ0
11-07-2006, 07:56 AM

/sarcasm.

people read too much into that kind of crap...but JP does have to take some responsibility for being hit. It's not all the OLine. Like I said...he doesn't have stuff sorted out in his head and because of that he's not playing the game the way he should. He could help the OLine by making adjustments to the defense and not holding the ball. But the entire offense stinks not just one or two guys or units.

LtBillsFan66
11-07-2006, 07:58 PM
He sends a message with his body language. I never see the great QBs in the game retreat to the bench with their heads down. Leaders don't do that.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Pretty level headed analysis Typ0.

ParanoidAndroid
11-07-2006, 09:40 PM
He needs to be talking to his receivers and coaches, taking a look at the still shots of defensive formations and trying to figure out where the play is. He might be a student in the meeting room and in practice, but he needs to extend that to game time and start making connections between his knowledge and his play.

Inetpub
11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
What world do you live in that bad body language doesnt mean crap? Body language will make or break you in interviews. Bad body language will DEFINATELY get you kicked out the door in ANY interview. Body Language is a communications tool. If you are giving off a bad vibe, THE WHOLE TEAM WILL SEE IT! If you are frustrated, you dont have to say "I am frustrated", your body language can tell people.

Body language shows you what type of person they are. If they are interested or if they are lying. Salesmen use body language to sell you cars. Its not like they are just "heres the car, buy it." Parents learn to read thier kids body language when the kids cant talk. You ever see a baby say "feed me"? Not when the baby cant say mom yet. But the mom will recognize the baby's body language and feed him/her.

In the bar, you ever pick up a girl just by telling her the truth? "Wanna ****?" Highly doubtful but possible. Its easier when you get her attention with your body language in the bar and approach her to see if shes interested.

Bad Body Language Signs:
Piercing eye contact = shows signs bordering on creepiness
Looks away = insincerity, something he said isn't true or quite true
Constantly looking around = disinterested, boredom, cruising or looking for an escape
Clenches his jaw = anger or impatience
Thin or pursed lips = anger or impatience
Nods way too much = disinterest or a short attention span
Crosses legs or arms = usually getting defensive but not always
Crosses both arms and legs = getting defensive
Holds finger to chin or lips = evaluation or sometimes criticism
Holds his chin in his hand = boredom, evaluation or sometimes criticism
Slouching/Slouches = boredom and disinterest
Thin smile = insincerity, anger or impatience
Shallow smile (no laugh lines) = attempting to look happy
Shifts the weight on his legs = uncertainty and nervousness

Just some body language info. If you think this is an invalid argument, I am 110% sure ANY educational facility will tell you that body language is a method of Communication.

How does this refer with JP? He gives off those NEGATIVE Body language signs when he is on the sidelines.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Do you want him to hop up and down like a toddler or something? When the offense isnt producing, chances are he wont be celebrating.

Inetpub
11-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Do you want him to hop up and down like a toddler or something? When the offense isnt producing, chances are he wont be celebrating.
So its ok if he just goes and grunts in the corner?
Your being ignorant if you are failing to understand that JP needs to be apart of the team. If JP wants to be part of the team, he needs to start showing it. Work ethics is one. Leadership is another. Productivity is a third. Body Language is another method. Vocal communication is a great method. So far, out of 5, id give him maybe 1.5 out of them. 1 for work and .5 for productivity. Leadership he has none. Body language is bad. Vocal Communication is nil.

Does he need to "hop up and down", maybe. ITs better than sitting on the bench and sulking!

mybills
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Bad Body Language Signs:
Piercing eye contact = shows signs bordering on creepiness

Any eye contact = honesty.
Why do you think people say, "Look me right in the eye and say that." ???

Inetpub
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Any eye contact = honesty.
Why do you think people say, "Look me right in the eye and say that." ???

Those are generalization. But just because they have eye contact, it doesnt mean that they are honest. I could. My words are PIERCING EYE CONTACT. Like they are staring you down. Staring you down is a form of threat/to invoke fear. Not honesty.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2006, 09:52 AM
At least he was showing some emotion in the Packers game. Yelling and screaming, whether it's at himself or someone else, at least he showed SOMETHING. I'd like to see him get in players' faces who drop passes. I'd like to see him yell at the O-lineman who are nearly getting him killed. Yell at someone, hell, show emotion, show that you WANT to win, that you NEED to win.

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Your being ignorant if you are failing to understand that JP needs to be apart of the team. If JP wants to be part of the team, he needs to start showing it. Work ethics is one. Leadership is another. Productivity is a third. Body Language is another method. Vocal communication is a great method. So far, out of 5, id give him maybe 1.5 out of them. 1 for work and .5 for productivity. Leadership he has none. Body language is bad. Vocal Communication is nil.

Does he need to "hop up and down", maybe. ITs better than sitting on the bench and sulking!

Your being ignorant if you are failing to understand that JP needs to be apart of the team.

Since when does JP go grunt in the corner? This is the same exact bullcrap that Typ0 is talking about. What are you ****ing Parco P.I. investigating JP's every action or something? I also never said JP doesnt need to be part of the team, but I'm just trying to understand why you are talking about something you know absolutely nothing about?