What exactly are some people looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott51
    • Oct 2006

What exactly are some people looking for?

I have not been able to get on here since Sunday afternoon. (Thanks to work, college, and my 4 year old) What exactly do Bills fans want from the Bills? The defense looked great, scoring and causing turnovers. JP Losman showed improvement. Yes, he made some mistakes but he's going to! Also, don't know if this has been said somewhere, but are we forgetting that we lost a HUGE part of our offense on the first drive?
    Go Bills!
    Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
    Buffalo Bills 7-9
    New England Patriots 18-1*
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: What exactly are some people looking for?

Originally posted by scott51
    I have not been able to get on here since Sunday afternoon. (Thanks to work, college, and my 4 year old) What exactly do Bills fans want from the Bills? The defense looked great, scoring and causing turnovers. JP Losman showed improvement. Yes, he made some mistakes but he's going to! Also, don't know if this has been said somewhere, but are we forgetting that we lost a HUGE part of our offense on the first drive?
    I'm looking for improvement, and signs of further development.. I've been spending much more time observing the OL and DL, than I did in the past.. To get off topic about JP, I have been ecstatic about our DL the past couple games. Schobel, Williams, Tripplett and Denney/Kelsay. Not too shabby at all. I am drooling, thinking about what will happen when McCargo is back in the line up. Crowell & Fletcher have been playing well, and I've seen big playmaking ability out of both players. Same goes for Whitner and Simpson.. Simpson has been improving week in and week out. He already has 2 picks this year, that is an exciting sign. As for some of the other rookies, Merz showed promise when he played against NE. He is a little bit better at Pass Blocking than he is run blocking though, but he did do a good job protecting JP in limited time, imo. Pennington, I am not too thrilled about.. We will see if he improves against Indy. Peters is the most exciting player on our offense, if you really watch him. He ho slap's some of the best DL in the game, what a steal. Gandy did well at LG, ( Like I said he would ) and he is worth retaining. Furthermore, Fowler hasnt been too bad either, with all that said, we need more improvement on the right side, but if we can keep Peters, Gandy and Fowler, we are not that far away from a good OL, imo. As far as reciever go, I have seen improvement out of Evans and Parrish pre-injury. I am now convinced we need a stud #2 with a big body, who can be a possession reciever.. Our TE's haven't done much, Royal can block extremely well, but he has had a problem with penalties at inopportune times.. Our CB's have been the same, I think Clements is worth re-signing. Notice how QB's pick on McGee, and rarely throw Clements way?

That's my assessment of this current team, and how much we have improved!

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

the sooner chris villarrial is out of the lineup the better then the line can start to actually be decent.

he gave up 3 sacks to COREY WILLIAMS
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell
        the sooner chris villarrial is out of the lineup the better then the line can start to actually be decent.

he gave up 3 sacks to COREY WILLIAMS
        Yep. And of course he was one of the ones that called JP out a few weeks ago. Thanks for noticing what a loser he is!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Yep. And of course he was one of the ones that called JP out a few weeks ago. Thanks for noticing what a loser he is!!
          Yeah, Villarial Disease hasnt even stayed healthy for a full season, since arriving in Buffalo. What an injury prone, blobby piece of crap.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm looking for improvement. By that I mean:

-a consistent pass rush from the front 4
            -holding the other team to under 100 yards rushing
            -making big plays on D (which we did this past Sunday but haven't done all year)
            -seeing actual running lanes for McGahee (or Thomas as long as McGahee's injured)_ the Bills did a decent job of that this week
            -sustained drive from the offense
            -more poise, accuracy and ball protection from JP (he did protect the ball well, but did little else)
            -solid coverage from the secondary (they did well against GB but McGee and Clements have been awful for most of the year)
            -more pass protection from the OL- they failed miserably again here

And that's why I'm disappointed with this season. We go in one game and do two of these things well and suck at the rest of them. Then in the next game, we'll regress on the 2 things we did well in the previous game. The improvement and consistency just isn't there.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
              I'm looking for improvement, and signs of further development.. I've been spending much more time observing the OL and DL, than I did in the past.. To get off topic about JP, I have been ecstatic about our DL the past couple games. Schobel, Williams, Tripplett and Denney/Kelsay. Not too shabby at all. I am drooling, thinking about what will happen when McCargo is back in the line up. Crowell & Fletcher have been playing well, and I've seen big playmaking ability out of both players. Same goes for Whitner and Simpson.. Simpson has been improving week in and week out. He already has 2 picks this year, that is an exciting sign. As for some of the other rookies, Merz showed promise when he played against NE. He is a little bit better at Pass Blocking than he is run blocking though, but he did do a good job protecting JP in limited time, imo. Pennington, I am not too thrilled about.. We will see if he improves against Indy. Peters is the most exciting player on our offense, if you really watch him. He ho slap's some of the best DL in the game, what a steal. Gandy did well at LG, ( Like I said he would ) and he is worth retaining. Furthermore, Fowler hasnt been too bad either, with all that said, we need more improvement on the right side, but if we can keep Peters, Gandy and Fowler, we are not that far away from a good OL, imo. As far as reciever go, I have seen improvement out of Evans and Parrish pre-injury. I am now convinced we need a stud #2 with a big body, who can be a possession reciever.. Our TE's haven't done much, Royal can block extremely well, but he has had a problem with penalties at inopportune times.. Our CB's have been the same, I think Clements is worth re-signing. Notice how QB's pick on McGee, and rarely throw Clements way?

That's my assessment of this current team, and how much we have improved!
              Great assessment BF. I wanted to pick it apart but I found myself agreeing with you statement after statement.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I'm looking for improvement. By that I mean:

-a consistent pass rush from the front 4
                -holding the other team to under 100 yards rushing
                -making big plays on D (which we did this past Sunday but haven't done all year)
                -seeing actual running lanes for McGahee (or Thomas as long as McGahee's injured)_ the Bills did a decent job of that this week
                -sustained drive from the offense
                -more poise, accuracy and ball protection from JP (he did protect the ball well, but did little else)
                -solid coverage from the secondary (they did well against GB but McGee and Clements have been awful for most of the year)
                -more pass protection from the OL- they failed miserably again here

And that's why I'm disappointed with this season. We go in one game and do two of these things well and suck at the rest of them. Then in the next game, we'll regress on the 2 things we did well in the previous game. The improvement and consistency just isn't there.
                In other words. Instant gratification. Very unrealistic expectations especially for a team that is in it's first year of rebuilding. From last in the league last year , you expect the run D to jump to 12 or better? That's were the top run D teams are allowing less than 100 ypg.

I'm not even going to get into your other unrealistic expectations. If all of that were to happen, we should be talking SB.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

I think a lot of people have stopped looking for improvements from JP and have already seen enough.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    In other words. Instant gratification. Very unrealistic expectations especially for a team that is in it's first year of rebuilding. From last in the league last year , you expect the run D to jump to 12 or better? That's were the top run D teams are allowing less than 100 ypg.

I'm not even going to get into your other unrealistic expectations. If all of that were to happen, we should be talking SB.
                    So maybe the run D is unrealistic, but what about the rest of it? Is 1-2 sustained drives a game from the O against the 32nd ranked pass d expecting too much? Please. I'm not expecting McGahee to run for 120 or JP to pass for 300- I just want to see some ball movement and some drives long enough to give the D a rest. Not every game. Just enough to keep it competitive. But that's too much to ask?

We have Clements, Spikes, Fletcher, Whitner and Schobel on D- between the five of them and the other guys on D, they can't come up with 1-2 big plays a game? I'm not talking about a sack or a turnover on every drive, just enough to slow the opposing O down and get off the field once in a while to save energy for the end of the game.

These are the things we weren't doing last year- I'm looking for signs that we can do them. And that means more than showing improvement in one out of every 4 or 5 games- hell, we had that many good games last year.

Your expectations are too low. Any time someone wants to see some improvement, you just say we're rebuilding. Well, what exactly are we supposed to be creating in this rebuilding process. Shouldn't SOMETHING be improving? We gave up 7 minute drives at the end of games last year- if we're still doing it this year, how did we improve?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

So maybe the run D is unrealistic, but what about the rest of it? Is 1-2 sustained drives a game from the O against the 32nd ranked pass d expecting too much? Please. I'm not expecting McGahee to run for 120 or JP to pass for 300- I just want to see some ball movement and some drives long enough to give the D a rest. Not every game. Just enough to keep it competitive. But that's too much to ask?

We have Clements, Spikes, Fletcher, Whitner and Schobel on D- between the five of them and the other guys on D, they can't come up with 1-2 big plays a game? I'm not talking about a sack or a turnover on every drive, just enough to slow the opposing O down and get off the field once in a while to save energy for the end of the game.

These are the things we weren't doing last year- I'm looking for signs that we can do them. And that means more than showing improvement in one out of every 4 or 5 games- hell, we had that many good games last year.

Your expectations are too low. Any time someone wants to see some improvement, you just say we're rebuilding. Well, what exactly are we supposed to be creating in this rebuilding process. Shouldn't SOMETHING be improving? We gave up 7 minute drives at the end of games last year- if we're still doing it this year, how did we improve?

You expect our D to get everything(a new system) in less than 1 season? I agree that Clements is struggling for the most part but he too is learning a new system.

Everything looked good so far against the Packers. Maybe they are starting to get it.

My expectations are too low? Wait a minute, I was the one you were *****ing about not holding anyone accountable and yet my expectations are too low now? You were the one preaching how not to keep our false hopes up so we won't be disappointed and now that we are where we are, you're expecting more?

No , I was breing more realistic than you think. You're the impatient one.
                      YOu started *****ing about the qb right after an improvement over the last few games by not turning the ball over ?What was that you were *****ing about a couple of weeks ago? He doesn't score when it mattered most and now that he did, you're *****ing again?

The D that you are constantly whining about WON US A GAME. The Team you accused of not having a heart showed a lot of it. The cardinals that you said had a lot of heart all of a sudden had a heart attack?
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

You expect our D to get everything(a new system) in less than 1 season? I agree that Clements is struggling for the most part but he too is learning a new system.

Everything looked good so far against the Packers. Maybe they are starting to get it.

My expectations are too low? Wait a minute, I was the one you were *****ing about not holding anyone accountable and yet my expectations are too low now? You were the one preaching how not to keep our false hopes up so we won't be disappointed and now that we are where we are, you're expecting more?

No , I was breing more realistic than you think. You're the impatient one.
                        YOu started *****ing about the qb right after an improvement over hte lasy few games? The D that you are constantly whining about WON US A GAME.
                        this post makes no sense. You never hold anyone accountable BECAUSE your expectations are too low. Every time someone underperforms, there's a reason for it- it's the system, we're rebuilding, X other unit didn't do their job, etc. Every time someone expects a player or the team to, I don't know, NOT SUCK, you have a justification as to why their suckiness is perfectly acceptable.

And the D didn't win us a game, the Packers lost it with their own sloppy play. I'll give them credit for one thing: they didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they usually do- they capitalized on the other team's mistakes instead of the usual squandering of opportunities. But the D also showed that they still have some serious flaws in the process.

And JP stopped improving after the Minnesota game. He's had 4 lackluster efforts in a row. The OL shares the blame and JP gets credit for protecting the ball better against GB, but other than that it's been 5 weeks since he's shown any improvement whatsoever. Again, I'm not expecting him to dominate- just show signs that he's getting better. And it ain't happening.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GarnOFreak
                          • Aug 2004

well, quite frankly I'm still waiting for that first INT from our corners. Of the 4 INTs we have so far, 2 were by the LBs and 2 by the Safeties. Is it the new defense or just lack of production. The CBs make some good plays and some boneheaded ones.

I would also like to retain the defensive FA we're gonna have after the season, but not by using the money we would have avail to fix the offense. Still don't understand why we did not rework contracts this summer to eat up huge chunks of salary this year when we were way under the cap and knew several guys who we wanted to be here for for several more years and only have a year or two remaining. Why else did we make cuts of starters this offseason, if we were not even using the cap space? Did the FO think they played SO bad that they thought a (backup/draft pick) could outplay them? Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent.....they all had decently high salaries and were late in their careers, but I would like Marv to come out and say why they were let go and no one big was brought in/ or re-signed.
                          "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
                          Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

this post makes no sense. You never hold anyone accountable BECAUSE your expectations are too low. Every time someone underperforms, there's a reason for it- it's the system, we're rebuilding, X other unit didn't do their job, etc. Every time someone expects a player or the team to, I don't know, NOT SUCK, you have a justification as to why their suckiness is perfectly acceptable.

And the D didn't win us a game, the Packers lost it with their own sloppy play. I'll give them credit for one thing: they didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they usually do- they capitalized on the other team's mistakes instead of the usual squandering of opportunities. But the D also showed that they still have some serious flaws in the process.

And JP stopped improving after the Minnesota game. He's had 4 lackluster efforts in a row. The OL shares the blame and JP gets credit for protecting the ball better against GB, but other than that it's been 5 weeks since he's shown any improvement whatsoever. Again, I'm not expecting him to dominate- just show signs that he's getting better. And it ain't happening.
                            It makes no sense for you? I'm not surprised. You preached for us not to get our hopes high, you predicted a 5-11 record . Now that we're on track to beat that record you're pissed off that were not meeting the expectations you made in this thread. We're on track to beat the record you predicted. Looks like YOU were the one who had low expectations.

Make up your mind- we're obviously gonna beat 5-11 and yet you're not satified?

I set my expectations low because I knew marv's moves were not enough in his 1st year . Yet you rambled on as to say I never held anyone accountable. If I thought Marv was infallible(like you kept being sarcastic about) then I would've made higher expectations for Mar'vs moves "because he's infallible" . Following me so far?

You expected this team to finish at 31 or 32 at stopping the run this season . You were obviously wrong so far, (but I'm gonna say you'll be wrong at the end of the season anyways) and yet you want more out of the run D? They've already exceeded your expectations.

Do you change your expectations as the season goes? If so don't make any predictions/expectations before the season even starts because you change your mind.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

It makes no sense for you? I'm not surprised. You preached for us not to get our hopes high, you predicted a 5-11 record . Now that we're on track to beat that record you're pissed off that were not meeting the expectations you made in this thread. We're on track to beat the record you predicted. Looks like YOU were the one who had low expectations.

Make up your mind- we're obviously gonna beat 5-11 and yet you're not satified?

I set my expectations low because I knew marv's moves were not enough in his 1st year . Yet you rambled on as to say I never held anyone accountable. If I thought Marv was infallible(like you kept being sarcastic about) then I would've made higher expectations for Mar'vs moves "because he's infallible" . Following me so far?

You expected this team to finish at 31 or 32 at stopping the run this season . You were obviously wrong so far, (but I'm gonna say you'll be wrong at the end of the season anyways) and yet you want more out of the run D? They've already exceeded your expectations.

Do you change your expectations as the season goes? If so don't make any predictions/expectations before the season even starts because you change your mind.

We said it was supposed to be about IMPROVEMENT, not record. I'm not seeing improvement. You're the one that's hung up on record and wins and losses. And if we're gonna play that game, I believe I predicted 6-10, which is what we're on pace to do.

And you're also obsessed with rankings. Just because we're ranked higher against the run than last year doesn't mean we've improved at stopping the run. There are a lot of other factors that affect that ranking- running skills of our opponents, whether or not they have a big enough lead to spend a quarter and a half killing the clock, etc. Our D still can't get off the field when it matters. Hell, we gave up 140+ yards to the friggin Packers.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X