• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Bad line play is no excuse for JP but is the #1 excuse for Willis

WHY?

Run blocking is easier than pass blocking too.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bad line play is no excuse for JP but is the #1 excuse for Willis

Thomas made the run blocking look better. When there was even the slightest hold he ran in there right away. WM is not doing that. WM is a much better runner sideline to sideline and it looks to me that the backs need to be in different situations.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      WHY?

Run blocking is easier than pass blocking too.
      A train ran harder and better than willis did so why not give A train a shot at the starters position? didn't DJ and Marv say ALL positions are open for competition?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
        Thomas made the run blocking look better. When there was even the slightest hold he ran in there right away. WM is not doing that. WM is a much better runner sideline to sideline and it looks to me that the backs need to be in different situations.
        No it looks to me we need ONE COMPLETE back. Willis isn't it and is never going to be.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          No it looks to me we need ONE COMPLETE back. Willis isn't it and is never going to be.

I'm just not sure that's true. It would be nice to see WM in a situation where he can take control of a game and when are we ever in that situation? I do see a difference in the runners but that doesn't mean WM isn't any good. He also is the type of guy who gets better over the course of the game and he's a much bigger receiving threat than Atrain...but we really can't capitalize on his strenghts with the current state of the offense.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I need answers DAMMIT!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Sorry thurm, you can't use that for Willis because he had a knee injury and Losman only had a broken leg.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Randy Moss is one of the best receivers in the game. When you don't have an O-line it makes your skill positions look alot worse. When your O-line is excellent it makes your skill positions look better than they are i.e. Matt Hasselback.

Can you imagine Matt Hasselback on the Bills? That's why the criticism of JP is a joke. Look at how bad Carson palmer played until Cincy got a line. Really hard to develop a young QB behind a bad line. Eli Manning, in my opinion, is still mediocre and plays behind an excellent line.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Randy Moss is one of the best receivers in the game. When you don't have an O-line it makes your skill positions look alot worse. When your O-line is excellent it makes your skill positions look better than they are i.e. Matt Hasselback.

Can you imagine Matt Hasselback on the Bills? That's why the criticism of JP is a joke. Look at how bad Carson palmer played until Cincy got a line. Really hard to develop a young QB behind a bad line. Eli Manning, in my opinion, is still mediocre and plays behind an excellent line.

look how mediocre palmer looks behind this years bengals line who has been down 2 starting pro bowl caliber o lineman this year hes been jump balling alot of passes.

BUT cincy does have a slew of 6'3 wrs so they will make plays sometimes. unlike our 4 clones at wr.

dont get me wrong i like our wrs but we are flawed int he fact that we do not have 1 large wr

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                    look how mediocre palmer looks behind this years bengals line who has been down 2 starting pro bowl caliber o lineman this year hes been jump balling alot of passes.

BUT cincy does have a slew of 6'3 wrs so they will make plays sometimes. unlike our 4 clones at wr.

dont get me wrong i like our wrs but we are flawed int he fact that we do not have 1 large wr
                    Dude, your on a roll today. Great point!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Bottom line is Willis needs to get his head out of his ass.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        Bottom line is Willis needs to get his head out of his ass.
                        Maybe, as I have been saying all along, he's not that good. He's not a top 5 back. He might not even be a top 10 back.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

There are EASILY 10 Rbs I would rather have currently than Willis.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

LT
                            LJ
                            Alexander(when back from injury)
                            Ronnie Brown
                            Rudi Johnson
                            Dunn
                            Tiki
                            Willie Parker
                            Stephen Jackson
                            Maroney
                            Thomas Jones
                            Gore
                            Chester Taylor

The above are just names that popped into my head that are either better or as good as Willis.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Willis is a good back. He just isn't one of those who can dominate a game by himself. He isn't one that you build an offense around.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X