X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Are the Coaches limiting JP?

Last year, more often then not KH audibled at the LOS. JP at times did the same thing. This year, it seems he isn't doing it. He sticks to the play that's called from upstairs.

I actually observed this at camp when they let him finish the play even if it was an obvious sack. Then I watched Wallace. He wasn't made to adjust to the system. All of a sudden the Seahwaks look diferent offensively. Wallace unlike JP wasn't made to stay in the pocket. They just let him play the game. They allowed him to do what he wanted to do.

I guess this is the reason why the coaches are being patient with JP. It's because they know it takes time for him to learn it their way.

Thoughts?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are the Coaches limiting JP?

Wasnt there an article that quotes Fairchild saying that they are making him stay in the pocket to learn to read defenses?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

They are trying to help him grow in the pocket, and to be able to read defenses better. There was a really good article someone posted yesterday, in which Fairchild said, he is coaching JP to stay in the pocket this year and to only run as a last resort.. Next year, I think they will take the leash off him and let him scramble more, once he proves to Fairchild that he can be a good pocket QB if needed. Just my take from it, anyways.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I don't mind them doing this but it almost doesn't make sense after a certain point if he would be more successful scrambling and rolling out more. When will they determine he has learned enough?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          I don't mind them doing this but it almost doesn't make sense after a certain point if he would be more successful scrambling and rolling out more. When will they determine he has learned enough?
          I would say when he can consistently beat teams with his arm.. He has done it before this year, but not consistently.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

When he is on IR from this crap OL letting guys come through unblocked, instead of letting him use his mobility.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Wasnt there an article that quotes Fairchild saying that they are making him stay in the pocket to learn to read defenses?
              Yup, there was one. But we're not even running rollout plays that could work to JP's advantage. If he indeed is told to stay in the pocket no matter what and with an OL like that, no one can just easily blame JP if he is forced to go against his stregth of running with the ball when the OL collapses for the sake of developing.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Yup, there was one. But we're not even running rollout plays that could work to JP's advantage. If he indeed is told to stay in the pocket no matter what and with an OL like that, no one can just easily blame JP if he is forced to go against his stregth of running with the ball when the OL collapses for the sake of developing.
                I will bring this up again, San Fran didn't make young stay in the pocket. He was allowed to scramble and they used rollouts all the time.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

He is told to run only if its a last resort.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

I think it's ******ed to limit a QB's skill set because you want him to pass in the pocket. Look around the NFL. The days of the pure pocket passer is coming to an end. I have no clue why JP is not rolling out. Look at Romo, look at Lienart, they roll out. Have to or they'd get spanked by the rush. Look at Gradkowski, Huard.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                      I think it's ******ed to limit a QB's skill set because you want him to pass in the pocket. Look around the NFL. The days of the pure pocket passer is coming to an end. I have no clue why JP is not rolling out. Look at Romo, look at Lienart, they roll out. Have to or they'd get spanked by the rush. Look at Gradkowski, Huard.
                      I think this move will benefit JP in the long haul. I dont want a RB at QB, unless its Michael Dick, I mean Vick. Once he can start beating defenses with his arm, they will respect him more, and in turn this could give him more running lanes if our WR's are covered..

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

JP is a mobile, athletic QB with a big arm.

So what does our staff do? Gives him a Kelly Holcomb game plan and makes him play like Drew Bledsoe.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          I think this move will benefit JP in the long haul. I dont want a RB at QB, unless its Michael Dick, I mean Vick. Once he can start beating defenses with his arm, they will respect him more, and in turn this could give him more running lanes if our WR's are covered..

you mean when romo rolls out and throws a TD pass to TO? I aint talkin about duckin and runnin, im just talkin buy yourself some extra time to run away from the OL's big fat asses that are barreling your way because they cant hold blocks, and COMPLETE A PASS

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

You have it all wrong.

The coaches aren't limiting JP, JP is limiting the rest of the team.

He can't make presnap reads his 3rd year in the league.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                              You have it all wrong.

The coaches aren't limiting JP, JP is limiting the rest of the team.

He can't make presnap reads his 3rd year in the league.
                              no matter how hard you try, Holcomb isn't starting
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X