PDA

View Full Version : Outsider Question about JP

AFJoe
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
i was just curious if JP is really a jerk or does he just comes off that way to people who don't follow the Bills?

My first (and really only impression) of JP was when he was in the draft out of college. ESPN was doing a special where they followed him around and interviewed him. He got permission to workout for scouts at Eli Manning's private workout after he was done. He made a comment after meeting Eli that he (JP) was the best QB in the building. Then the interviewer asked him if he still was after pointing out that Peyton was now in the building watching his younger brother. JP just smirked at the camera as if to say he still was the best. That came off to me a little arrogant for someone who had never played a NFL game and left a bad impression for me. Is he like that still?

Typ0
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro sports are about ego's. Myself, I'd want guys on my team who believed they were the best...that's one less issue I would have to worry about.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I have not one time... I mena not one time.... EVER seen or heard JP say or do anything that would make me think he is conceited or cocky. He speaks respectfully to and about the media and his team and community.

The freaking media OUTSIDE western NY are the ONLY ones calling him cocky.

Typ0
11-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I think he's a cocky punk kid myself and that is what turned off some members of the team. That doesn't go well with seasoned veterans in a lot of fields. He doesn't talk that way to the media any more because he's been humbled.

AFJoe
11-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I mean there's no problem with thinking your the best, as long as you keep it to yourself.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2006, 10:15 PM
He was really cocky straight out of college.. Honestly, I would like to see more of that, but in a more mature way.

Elminster
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I've watched a few of his press conferences, and he's always seemed very humble, respectful, and accountable. If he was cocky, he's been humbled, but he by no means lacks fire..

alohabillsfan
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Jesus C. I wish he had a reason to be cocky!

justasportsfan
11-08-2006, 01:05 PM
INO, The vets last year put him in his place.

Kerr
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes he was cocky. I think that the drama the vets had with him over his attitude kind of set him back because he seemed like he played his best ball when he thought he was the best, but now he has to be humble and modest just for the sake of some nfl vets who don't realize you need some form of swagger to play the position. Jim Kelly is lucky he had nobody to come and rain on his parade when he came to b-lo. Sure he thought he was hot stuff, but he started to back it up and became a leader since apparently the vets figured to let him be. People here are spoiled with a qb's like kelly, and want another qb with the same attitude. When one comes along, the media and others have a problem with it. Makes no sense.

Patrick76777
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
i was just curious if JP is really a jerk or does he just comes off that way to people who don't follow the Bills?

My first (and really only impression) of JP was when he was in the draft out of college. ESPN was doing a special where they followed him around and interviewed him. He got permission to workout for scouts at Eli Manning's private workout after he was done. He made a comment after meeting Eli that he (JP) was the best QB in the building. Then the interviewer asked him if he still was after pointing out that Peyton was now in the building watching his younger brother. JP just smirked at the camera as if to say he still was the best. That came off to me a little arrogant for someone who had never played a NFL game and left a bad impression for me. Is he like that still?

He just stinks. You guys are going to eat him up on Sunday! Could be 7 sacks.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
He might be cocky off the field, but come game day, he's anything but. I think a bit of cockyness might help his game on Sundays.

The_Philster
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
He doesn't come off as cocky in person....least he didn't when I met him :idunno:

Inetpub
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM
He doesn't come off as cocky in person....least he didn't when I met him :idunno:
Edited for TOS violation.

Typ0
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Was it cause your c*ck was in him?

I really don't think that was neccessary.

The_Philster
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Was it cause your c*ck was in him?
personal attacks...how typical :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor and read this (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=12&postcount=1) cause you're in violation of a set of rules you agreed to follow when you registered here

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
I mean there's no problem with thinking your the best, as long as you keep it to yourself.

yeah...but you have to prove it as well.something he hasn't come close to doing.

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 06:07 PM
He just stinks. You guys are going to eat him up on Sunday! Could be 7 sacks.

freeney might get 7 by himself.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Whether anyone cares or not.. I have met and interviewed JP Losman , and he is ANYTHING but a jerk.. He came off as a genuine person to me, I dont know where this "cocky" **** comes from because I never saw it, I think he truly WANTS to be a great quarterback, he DOES study hard and he wants to be a part of Buffalo.

I have NEVER had a problem with Losman's personality or attitude.

Losman also ALWAYS says the right things to the media.. He is VERY well trained on what to say to reporters, TRUST me on that.

My problem is with his brain on SUNDAYS and his DEMEANOR on the football field. I'm not going to get into him as a quarterback and what I THINK his future here holds, because you already all know how I feel about that (and Im right, and you'll all see come week 17- had to get one poke in)

But as a person, Losman is one of the nicer and LEAST arrogant people I've ever interviewed.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:19 PM

by the way, THANK YOU! I remember that EXACT SAME INTERVIEW on ESPN and my first thought was "who the **** does this clown think he is".

Actually, I still think that.... LIke I told you, this kid has been TRAINED VERY VERY VERYYYYYY well on to handle the media and address questions... and I think that while he hasnt grown up an inch on the field, he's grown up a lot off it.

Good call, I remember that special on Losman real well man.. That kid needed a smack back then for being stupid.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Just for the hell of it.. During my brief and not-so-famous stint covering the Buffalo Bills full time (2002-03 and part of 04).. Here is a list of the some of the best and worst NFL players I've met (off the field)

Nicest:

Ruben Brown (hands DOWN)
Alex Van Pelt
Pat Williams
Phil Simms (might surprise you there)
Peerless Price (maybe thats a shocker too)
London Fletcher (there isnt a person on this team in the last five years who wears his heart on his sleeve more than Fletch)

Biggest *******s
Jerry Rice (he's too "good" to talk to small-time (non tv) reporters)
Drew Bledsoe (he aint as nice as you think)
Sam Adams
Nate Clements
Coy Wire (At least on this occasion)
mike Williams ( i truly believed he didnt care)
Al Davis

The_Philster
11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Out of your list, I've met AVP (nice guy...talked to him for a little bit after a game last year), Coy Wire (seemed ok to me...he and his gf and JP were judges at Jills tryouts this spring...he wasn't a jerk or anything by any means...and his family is friends with the Pinto Guy), and Mike Williams (walked with him out to the parking lot at the hotel we were staying at the morning of the 2002 Blizzard game against the Fish...seemed like a nice guy...he was interested in what it was going to be like playing in the snow for the first time)

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Just for the hell of it.. During my brief and not-so-famous stint covering the Buffalo Bills full time (2002-03 and part of 04).. Here is a list of the some of the best and worst NFL players I've met (off the field)

Nicest:

Ruben Brown (hands DOWN)
Alex Van Pelt
Pat Williams
Phil Simms (might surprise you there)
Peerless Price (maybe thats a shocker too)
London Fletcher (there isnt a person on this team in the last five years who wears his heart on his sleeve more than Fletch)

Biggest *******s
Jerry Rice (he's too "good" to talk to small-time (non tv) reporters)
Drew Bledsoe (he aint as nice as you think)
Sam Adams
Nate Clements
Coy Wire (At least on this occasion)
mike Williams ( i truly believed he didnt care)
Al Davis

That list really doesnt surprise me.. Drew Bledsoe, I always thought was an actor. I could see him being a *Dick, when the cameras werent rolling! :D

Rueben IS THE MAN. I was pretty young when I got his autograph, and let me tell you, he is a stand up man. Definately the nicest player I have seen also.

Jim Kelly is a nice guy too, his wife was a ***** when I met him though. He wanted to sign an autograph for me and my brosis, but she was on the rag or something, so it didnt happen. :(