X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AFJoe
    • Nov 2006

Outsider Question about JP

i was just curious if JP is really a jerk or does he just comes off that way to people who don't follow the Bills?

My first (and really only impression) of JP was when he was in the draft out of college. ESPN was doing a special where they followed him around and interviewed him. He got permission to workout for scouts at Eli Manning's private workout after he was done. He made a comment after meeting Eli that he (JP) was the best QB in the building. Then the interviewer asked him if he still was after pointing out that Peyton was now in the building watching his younger brother. JP just smirked at the camera as if to say he still was the best. That came off to me a little arrogant for someone who had never played a NFL game and left a bad impression for me. Is he like that still?
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Outsider Question about JP

Pro sports are about ego's. Myself, I'd want guys on my team who believed they were the best...that's one less issue I would have to worry about.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

I have not one time... I mena not one time.... EVER seen or heard JP say or do anything that would make me think he is conceited or cocky. He speaks respectfully to and about the media and his team and community.

The freaking media OUTSIDE western NY are the ONLY ones calling him cocky.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I think he's a cocky punk kid myself and that is what turned off some members of the team. That doesn't go well with seasoned veterans in a lot of fields. He doesn't talk that way to the media any more because he's been humbled.

Comment

• AFJoe
          • Nov 2006

I mean there's no problem with thinking your the best, as long as you keep it to yourself.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

He was really cocky straight out of college.. Honestly, I would like to see more of that, but in a more mature way.

Comment

• Elminster
              #1 Kelsay Fan
              • Oct 2006

I've watched a few of his press conferences, and he's always seemed very humble, respectful, and accountable. If he was cocky, he's been humbled, but he by no means lacks fire..
              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Jesus C. I wish he had a reason to be cocky!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

INO, The vets last year put him in his place.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Yes he was cocky. I think that the drama the vets had with him over his attitude kind of set him back because he seemed like he played his best ball when he thought he was the best, but now he has to be humble and modest just for the sake of some nfl vets who don't realize you need some form of swagger to play the position. Jim Kelly is lucky he had nobody to come and rain on his parade when he came to b-lo. Sure he thought he was hot stuff, but he started to back it up and became a leader since apparently the vets figured to let him be. People here are spoiled with a qb's like kelly, and want another qb with the same attitude. When one comes along, the media and others have a problem with it. Makes no sense.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AFJoe
                      i was just curious if JP is really a jerk or does he just comes off that way to people who don't follow the Bills?

My first (and really only impression) of JP was when he was in the draft out of college. ESPN was doing a special where they followed him around and interviewed him. He got permission to workout for scouts at Eli Manning's private workout after he was done. He made a comment after meeting Eli that he (JP) was the best QB in the building. Then the interviewer asked him if he still was after pointing out that Peyton was now in the building watching his younger brother. JP just smirked at the camera as if to say he still was the best. That came off to me a little arrogant for someone who had never played a NFL game and left a bad impression for me. Is he like that still?

He just stinks. You guys are going to eat him up on Sunday! Could be 7 sacks.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

He might be cocky off the field, but come game day, he's anything but. I think a bit of cockyness might help his game on Sundays.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

He doesn't come off as cocky in person....least he didn't when I met him
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Inetpub
                            i'm a tool
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            He doesn't come off as cocky in person....least he didn't when I met him
                            Edited for TOS violation.
                            Last edited by shelby; 11-08-2006, 06:33 PM.
                            That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Inetpub
                              Was it cause your c*ck was in him?
                              I really don't think that was neccessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X