PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite expierence at the HSBC/AUD

JD
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
What game you attended was most memorable? Explain it, in story form.

It'll be interesting to read everyones, I'll start in the morning :D

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I'll expand tomorrow, but the MayDay game is forever etched in mind, narrowly beating out Game 6 last year.

SkateZilla
11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Before the lock out i went in to watch us play the ducks on the Dec 30th, and sitting behind the net watching Drury slap the goalie stupid on a shorthanded breakaway.. Cheers...

SpillerThrills
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
being that I've only been to a couple of games at HSBC I would have to say the night that Dom. Hasek made his return to Buffalo as a Red Wing.... we lit him up for 3 in the first 2 in the second and he sat the third.....

only other game I've been to was against Philly the night they unveiled the red third jerseys... to bad we lost that game, I think it was 6-5

GThirst
11-07-2006, 10:53 PM
My first game, Matthew Barnaby scored a Hat Trick on Mothers day, in a 6-3 win over the Canadiens. I was originally going to a Bisons game with my mom, but it was rained out so we paid a scalper $30 and got 3 300 level tickets, good times. Yea, it was a playoff game, when we went to the easter conference finals. It was game 2 of the eastern conference semis.

But the last few games I've gone to have been fun, I can't wait until the Vancouver Vs Sabres in throwback coming in January.

Dozerdog
11-07-2006, 11:08 PM
My Favorite JD moment-

I have heard from many boards and friends on my football team that people are going to meet at the HSBC Arena tommorow (August 7th) at 5:00pm to protest the Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier. I was told to bring signs and noise makers.

Radio and News Stations have been notified of this event.

Come join us and help make noise in the hockey world about the corrupt GM we have in Buffalo!

Spread the word, and I hope to see you there!
:band:
Approx 10 people showed.... :(

Since there wernt that many we just had some beers and hung out near the hsbc parking ramp. Most didnt show because of news of us signing Hamrlik soon......I almost didnt go myself but I though eh, what the hell. It was pretty fun anyway. Kiss98.5 drove slowly by but left haha!!!!

Aud Moment- Beating the Soviets 12-6

HSBC moment- Getting a private box for a game in 1999 - a few days before Christmas- we beat the Kings 6-1. I had 10 freinds/family with me. Afterwards, we ran into Brad May and his dad at a bar- my sister got one of my Sabres jersey autographed.

He was at the Bar because he broke his hand in a fight, so he stayed behind as the team traveled to Ottawa

JD
11-07-2006, 11:45 PM
:deadhorse:

SABuffalo786
11-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Aud?

My home debut against Edmonton on Super Bowl Sunday 1991. Both Buffalo teams lost that day, but the game sticks in my mind just because it started my love affair with the Sabres, plus it was the first and only time I sat in the Golds (An uncle of mine got us tickets from his work).

HSBC?

The 8-2 win over Philadelphia in Game 2 of last year's playoffs.

My first ever playoff game even though I've been going to watch the Sabres ever since I was 5 (That game versus Edmonton).

The Arena absolutely shook and combined with the clouds of smoke lingering from so many blasts of the Snorting Goathead, it felt like you were in the middle of a war.

I went to the 3-2 OT win versus Ottawa in the next round and Game 4 against Carolina in the Conference Finals which were equally pulse pounding, but that rout of Philly will always stay with me as one of my greatest experiences down the Arena. So far.

Billscusey
11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I have only been to about 10 games, but the 8-2 destruction of Philly in the playoffs last year was awesome!

The_Philster
11-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Home Opener 99...they raised the Eastern Conference Championship Banner...yet more people were looking at the banner hanging in front of one of the 300 level sections saying...NO GOAL

There was also the NLL Eastern Finals against the Knighthawks last year...a 15-10 win....Johnny Tavares had 3 goals against Rochester

BlackMetalNinja
11-08-2006, 05:16 AM
An easy choice for me... Had to have been about 98 or 99, I think I was 16 at the time. My dad's company had a luxury suite for a game against Toronto and I went with him. Free food and drink all night, nice comfortable seats, and we pounded the Leafs like 5-2 or something. Plus, Rob Ray and Tie Domi got in 3 fights that night and Rob certainly got the better of them! I've been to like 8 games in my life I think and they've only lost 2 of them. Let's hope Monday night only improves our record... I love having all these Canes fans hate me at the end of a night!

Mitchy moo
11-08-2006, 05:46 AM
lux suites are the best!

Dude
11-08-2006, 06:38 AM
Malarchuck's neck at the Aud.

Earthquake Enyart
11-08-2006, 07:46 AM
I was at the fog game. :ee:

For me it probably was the first time we beat Boston. Boston had Orr, Esposito, Hodge, Cashman, and the like. The fledgling Sabres could never beat them. The game where the Sabres won was a fight filled, very exciting game. It was the game where Schoenfeld hit Cashman right through the zamboni doors and they went at it just of the ice. It was one of the loudest games I was ever at.

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Game six of the Finals in 99. Such an exciting game and such a let down.... :(

SABuffalo786
11-08-2006, 08:54 AM
For me it probably was the first time we beat Boston. Boston had Orr, Esposito, Hodge, Cashman, and the like. The fledgling Sabres could never beat them. The game where the Sabres won was a fight filled, very exciting game. It was the game where Schoenfeld hit Cashman right through the zamboni doors and they went at it just of the ice. It was one of the loudest games I was ever at.

Speaking of Schoenfeld and Cashman going through the boards, does anyone have a picture of it? I've been looking for the longest time and can't come up with one...

JD
11-08-2006, 09:56 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8wUFq96g-jU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8wUFq96g-jU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

My favorite memory was game 3 of the stanley cup finals in '99 that place was ROCKIN!

But the most exciting game believe it or not had to be the overtime win against Ottawa last year. We came from behind and tied it with less than a minute to go and with miller on the bench. Afinogenov did the no look pass to briere to win it on the powerplay. That place went ABSOLUTELY crazy!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
11-08-2006, 10:34 AM
My favorite memory was game 3 of the stanley cup finals in '99 that place was ROCKIN!

But the most exciting game believe it or not had to be the overtime win against Ottawa last year. We came from behind and tied it with less than a minute to go and with miller on the bench. Afinogenov did the no look pass to briere to win it on the powerplay. That place went ABSOLUTELY crazy!!!!
JD, I can't believe you have that old video. That is so awesome. That's practially where I was sitting too. We had blues (later reds) right near that camera.

L.A. Playa
11-08-2006, 11:12 AM
the Aud special cherry snow cone nite, featuring Clint malarchuck

G Wolly
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
When I was like 9 I was the McDonalds kid on the Jumbotron, if they scored a goal or whatever I'd win something. But they didn't.

Last year's season where we beat the Kings lil booties 10 to 1.

Philagape
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
-- The final game at the Aud. The standing ovation and lowering of the banners were unforgettable.

-- The 1991 draft. I got Lindros' autograph on the day he was drafted. Other first-round picks that year: Forsberg, Niedermayer, Kovalev, Naslund, Murray. Wow, looking at the list, that draft was relatively loaded http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1991e.html

-- 1993 MILL championship. I covered the game for the Niagara Gazette and was on the field for the trophy celebration.

Philagape
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
OH! how could I forget, a WWF TV taping where the Honkytonk Man beat Rick Steamboat for the I-C title.

SabreEleven
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
or the time when Andre the Giant was going to pay anybody $100,000 if they could body slam him and Hulk Hogan did, but he did it out of the ring so he didn't get the money.

Rene Robert gave me a puck right have the warm-up for a game. That was at the Aud by the game.

ddaryl
11-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Old AUD memories

Back in 1979, not sure what game and who we played, but I was 12. Gilbert Perrault was the 1st star of the game, and I had snuck down to the gold seats, behind the one net, where the players head into/out of the dressing room. I asked Gilbert if I could have his stick, and he handed it to me. It's a moment that I re-tell people constantly. As a kid Gilberrt was my hockey hero, and we share the same birthday 11/13, when your a kid, sharing a birthday with your favorite player was cool, and then to get his stick, which I still have was even cooler.

Another Sabres game I went to back in early 1990's. Again I don't remember who we played or the exact date, but I had front row seats along the corner galss with my Brother-in-law, and I have the hockey card of Domnique Hasek from that season in net, and in the back ground you can pretty clearly see me and by Bro sitting watching the game. The guy who owns the seats was a bit jelous cause he has owned those season tickets for years, and of course he couldn't go that night and we got put on a hockey card.

I should scan the card and post it. I love showing it off !

Those are the 2 coolest things that happened to me at Sabres games.

HSBC Memories

I was also at the Ottowa/Sabres playoff game where we broke our 10 + years of 1st round exits with a Derek Plante OT goal. I believe that was a mid-1990's game. We also had full harbor club priviledges. A beer waiting for you at your table, and buffet food in between every period including OT intermisions.

My Favorite JD moment-

Aud Moment- Beating the Soviets 12-6

Hey I believe I was there for this one too.

Historian
11-09-2006, 05:08 AM
A 1984 game against the Flyers..it was Craig Ramsay's 1000th game.

The chick I was banging at the time got her bosses seats.

First row golds, center ice. I had never sat that close to the glass before. It was cool.

Also, a March 1976 Braves-Celtics game that my Dad took me to. We sat first row behind the basket in floor seats.

Meathead
11-09-2006, 07:44 AM
1. finals game 4 vs. nogoals
2. 6 period so
3. playoff game vs devils when a friend and me got the camera on us for like ten seconds and acted like total goofballs

Dr. Lecter
11-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Did you two kiss while on camera?

Typ0
11-09-2006, 07:57 AM
I saw a playoff game a few years ago against Philly where we beat them 8 - 0 or something like that to knock them out of the playoffs. That was about the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

JD
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
old timers :snicker:

SABuffalo786
11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
old timers :snicker:

I'd glady accept the title of "old timer" if I had got to see some of the games these guys have...

Soviet Wings, Schonefeld-Cashman, Legion of Doom, Last Game at the Aud?

****ing hell...

JD
11-09-2006, 10:14 AM
cmon u mean to tell me u didnt watch the legion of doom on tv? or the last aud game?

I only have a few memories from the aud..

Cutting thousands of people to get LaFontaines autograph.. my dad snuck me under the gate.

And the first time I ever said ******* in front of my parents was when I got an autograph from hasek, and I said "wow hes an *******" hahaha!

I remember playing can hockey between periods.. used pieces of wood to hit cans under these openings on the ramps..or we would just use our feet. it was mostly before games or between periods..im sure some of you my age have done it there.

The one game we had front row seats behind the net and at the end of the game derek plante pointed at me then threw the puck over the glass to us..it was the last puck on the ice that season.

And one of the first games that i can remember going to at the aud was agains the whalers and we sat 3rd row near the zamboni entrance and the ref gave us the puck that was shot over the glass..

I remember going to a game with my mom at the HSBC and we sat on the one end in the upper mid 100's. We looked behind us at the tan wall, and there were hundreds of black marks from the puck hitting.

I dont think my mom watched even half of the game that night lol

SabreEleven
11-09-2006, 02:30 PM
One of my worst memories as a kid was when Gretzky broke the scoring record in Buffalo and my dad had 2 season tickets. He took turns taking us kids and my mom. I wanted to go so BADLY but she went :mad: Damn it!

SABuffalo786
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
cmon u mean to tell me u didnt watch the legion of doom on tv? or the last aud game?

I'm talking about actually being there.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-09-2006, 05:19 PM
The first ever game that I went to at the Aud it was with my brother's Cub Scout troop. I was 10 and my brother was 4 we were playing the Hartford Whalers and we beat them like 6-3. An afternoon matinee game on Fox at the Aud against the Flyers we beat them like 7-2. I was also at the Aud when they unveiled the "Mad Cow" the White, black, red, and grey jerseys.

Philagape
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
During my college years I was downtown during the day, and I would walk into the Aud and find practice pucks under the lower golds

Dozerdog
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Also, a March 1976 Braves-Celtics game that my Dad took me to. We sat first row behind the basket in floor seats.

Forgot to add a 1975 playoff win vs the Celts. My dad's office had season tickets for the Braves- they were on the floor right where the penalty box was for hockey.

He would get 2-3 games a year and I went to a maybe 4-5 growing up. I was 9- 10 maybe