• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Your favorite expierence at the HSBC/AUD

What game you attended was most memorable? Explain it, in story form.

It'll be interesting to read everyones, I'll start in the morning
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Your favorite expierence at the HSBC/AUD

I'll expand tomorrow, but the MayDay game is forever etched in mind, narrowly beating out Game 6 last year.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

Before the lock out i went in to watch us play the ducks on the Dec 30th, and sitting behind the net watching Drury slap the goalie stupid on a shorthanded breakaway.. Cheers...
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SpillerThrills
        • Oct 2005

being that I've only been to a couple of games at HSBC I would have to say the night that Dom. Hasek made his return to Buffalo as a Red Wing.... we lit him up for 3 in the first 2 in the second and he sat the third.....

only other game I've been to was against Philly the night they unveiled the red third jerseys... to bad we lost that game, I think it was 6-5
        2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
        2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
        2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
        2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• GThirst
          • Jul 2006

My first game, Matthew Barnaby scored a Hat Trick on Mothers day, in a 6-3 win over the Canadiens. I was originally going to a Bisons game with my mom, but it was rained out so we paid a scalper $30 and got 3 300 level tickets, good times. Yea, it was a playoff game, when we went to the easter conference finals. It was game 2 of the eastern conference semis.

But the last few games I've gone to have been fun, I can't wait until the Vancouver Vs Sabres in throwback coming in January.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

My Favorite JD moment-

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            I have heard from many boards and friends on my football team that people are going to meet at the HSBC Arena tommorow (August 7th) at 5:00pm to protest the Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier. I was told to bring signs and noise makers.

Radio and News Stations have been notified of this event.

Come join us and help make noise in the hockey world about the corrupt GM we have in Buffalo!

Spread the word, and I hope to see you there!
            Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            Approx 10 people showed....

Since there wernt that many we just had some beers and hung out near the hsbc parking ramp. Most didnt show because of news of us signing Hamrlik soon......I almost didnt go myself but I though eh, what the hell. It was pretty fun anyway. Kiss98.5 drove slowly by but left haha!!!!

Aud Moment- Beating the Soviets 12-6

HSBC moment- Getting a private box for a game in 1999 - a few days before Christmas- we beat the Kings 6-1. I had 10 freinds/family with me. Afterwards, we ran into Brad May and his dad at a bar- my sister got one of my Sabres jersey autographed.

He was at the Bar because he broke his hand in a fight, so he stayed behind as the team traveled to Ottawa

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

:
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                • Feb 2003

Aud?

My home debut against Edmonton on Super Bowl Sunday 1991. Both Buffalo teams lost that day, but the game sticks in my mind just because it started my love affair with the Sabres, plus it was the first and only time I sat in the Golds (An uncle of mine got us tickets from his work).

HSBC?

The 8-2 win over Philadelphia in Game 2 of last year's playoffs.

My first ever playoff game even though I've been going to watch the Sabres ever since I was 5 (That game versus Edmonton).

The Arena absolutely shook and combined with the clouds of smoke lingering from so many blasts of the Snorting Goathead, it felt like you were in the middle of a war.

I went to the 3-2 OT win versus Ottawa in the next round and Game 4 against Carolina in the Conference Finals which were equally pulse pounding, but that rout of Philly will always stay with me as one of my greatest experiences down the Arena. So far.
                "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Billscusey
                  • Nov 2004

I have only been to about 10 games, but the 8-2 destruction of Philly in the playoffs last year was awesome!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Home Opener 99...they raised the Eastern Conference Championship Banner...yet more people were looking at the banner hanging in front of one of the 300 level sections saying...NO GOAL

There was also the NLL Eastern Finals against the Knighthawks last year...a 15-10 win....Johnny Tavares had 3 goals against Rochester
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

An easy choice for me... Had to have been about 98 or 99, I think I was 16 at the time. My dad's company had a luxury suite for a game against Toronto and I went with him. Free food and drink all night, nice comfortable seats, and we pounded the Leafs like 5-2 or something. Plus, Rob Ray and Tie Domi got in 3 fights that night and Rob certainly got the better of them! I've been to like 8 games in my life I think and they've only lost 2 of them. Let's hope Monday night only improves our record... I love having all these Canes fans hate me at the end of a night!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

lux suites are the best!

Comment

• Dude
                          that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                          • Feb 2005

Malarchuck's neck at the Aud.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I was at the fog game.

For me it probably was the first time we beat Boston. Boston had Orr, Esposito, Hodge, Cashman, and the like. The fledgling Sabres could never beat them. The game where the Sabres won was a fight filled, very exciting game. It was the game where Schoenfeld hit Cashman right through the zamboni doors and they went at it just of the ice. It was one of the loudest games I was ever at.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Game six of the Finals in 99. Such an exciting game and such a let down....

Comment

Working...
                              X