PDA

View Full Version : Willis out indefinately

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Turns out, he broke 3 ribs and is out indefinately.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-mcgahee&prov=ap&type=lgns

Pride
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I question how big, if any, of a loss this is for us.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM

I agree, however, Marv needs to find a backup for A-Train, because if he gets hurt, this team is truly dinked.

DraftBoy
11-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Great....Good signing in A-Train this offseason

Saratoga Slim
11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm not worried about A-Train, he's about as good a backup as you can ask for. But we need Willis back ASAP, Thomas doesn't have quite the same explosiveness.

Gunzlingr
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I need a flex player this week, and Willis was my guy. Is Atrain a good play?

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I need a flex player this week, and Willis was my guy. Is Atrain a good play?

Yes!

Gunzlingr
11-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes!

I just read the the Colts are giving up a league leading average of 165.4 yards per game on the ground!

Elminster
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
McGahee may not have a job to come back to, IMO....

G. Host
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
He will probably have to earn it rather than having it gift wrapped.

PcA125
11-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I was pretty impressed with the A-train last week... Plus the colts run D is supposed to be pretty bad

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Turns out, he broke 3 ribs and is out indefinately.

this team would be better off if it were losman and not willis.

patmoran2006
11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
this team would be better off if it were losman and not willis.

Damn dude.. I hate Losman as our starter more than anybody here, and even I dont agree with that.

SquishDaFish
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Im starting to think Losman stole Sabs Girlfriend and or lunch money. And that is the real reason for his dumb hatred

The_Philster
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Im starting to think Losman stole Sabs Girlfriend and or lunch money. And that is the real reason for his dumb hatred
SAB can be a pretty cool guy...but his obsessive blind hatred is beyond ridiculous...name-calling anyone who disagrees with him, complaining about JP in virtually every post he makes...seek some psychiatric help, SAB...please

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 08:41 PM
i still stand by my statement.

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 08:46 PM

this guy couldn't steal Philster's Wys Wing Sauce if Philster dropped it in his pocket. :snicker:

YardRat
11-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Thomas hits the hole a lot quicker than Willis, or so it seems to me. His running style may mesh better with the offense.

I think Willis would be a better back in Atlanta, Green Bay, or Denver, where they employ zone-blocking.

Tiburon1724
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Good. McGahee is an overrated punk who will leave town the first chance he gets with his %&&*$ agent. A-train will light it up on Sunday!!!

Luisito23
11-09-2006, 03:52 AM
GO A-TRAIN.....GO!!!!....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

jamze132
11-09-2006, 04:14 AM
So far in the few years Willis has played, we haven't seen the fire he had in college. And i doubt he will get re-sparked in Buffalo. He may go into another offense and be the best back in the league, but it ain't happening here in Buffalo. Although I wish her was healthy for the remainder of this season and possibly next, we need to think about the future at the position. I don;t see us re-signing or tagging him when his time is up. He better not try a "holdout" thing since I think Buffalo will call his bluff and make his ass sit all season or until they trade him much like NE did with Branch.

scott51
11-09-2006, 07:42 AM
So far in the few years Willis has played, we haven't seen the fire he had in college. And i doubt he will get re-sparked in Buffalo. He may go into another offense and be the best back in the league, but it ain't happening here in Buffalo. Although I wish her was healthy for the remainder of this season and possibly next, we need to think about the future at the position. I don;t see us re-signing or tagging him when his time is up. He better not try a "holdout" thing since I think Buffalo will call his bluff and make his ass sit all season or until they trade him much like NE did with Branch.

Considering who Willis thinks he is and who his agent is, a "holdout" is a VERY good possibility, IMO

HHURRICANE
11-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Considering who Willis thinks he is and who his agent is, a "holdout" is a VERY good possibility, IMO

I think between NE starting to set a precedent with handling players and the fact that Rosenhaus looked like a moron in the way he handled the TO mess I am not too worried about McGahee.

Tell me that this team is way better with McGahee instead of Henry? You can't.

I do think the OL carries alot of blame for McGahee's perfromance. However, he doesn't hit holes hard and seems to get tripped up all of the time. He has poor balance and isn't even close to the star that he was in Miami. I feel bad about the knee but it definately had an adverse effect.

scott51
11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I think between NE starting to set a precedent with handling players and the fact that Rosenhaus looked like a moron in the way he handled the TO mess I am not too worried about McGahee.

Tell me that this team is way better with McGahee instead of Henry? You can't.

I do think the OL carries alot of blame for McGahee's perfromance. However, he doesn't hit holes hard and seems to get tripped up all of the time. He has poor balance and isn't even close to the star that he was in Miami. I feel bad about the knee but it definately had an adverse effect.

I am not saying that McGahee will have a point for holding out, I just do not trust Rosenhaus! I agree with your assessment of Willis!

ICE74129
11-09-2006, 10:49 AM

None, Its not a loss at all. A Train plays hard and hits the holes that are there instead of dancing.

BillsNick
11-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Frankly, I'm fed up with McGahee's attitude and lack of heart. He only cares about himself and I put him in Clement's category of overratedness. A-Train seems to run with purpose, and I'll tell you one thing. I am very happy that we signed him in the offseason. I'm fine with A-Train

ghz in pittsburgh
11-09-2006, 11:10 AM
If I remember correctly, most of you, including Nick, was blasting Jauron of favortism (if there is such a word) for keeping A-Train and cut Gates.

BillsNick
11-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Not me, you won't find any post of mine saying that.

Crazygoo
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
i am looking forward to seeing what A-Train can do