PDA

View Full Version : Is it jp or fairchild and/or both???

Kerr
11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
It's good the team won. I'm just wondering in all honestly, if everything thinks jp having problems grasping being a pocket qb in the nfl all his fault, fairchild fault or both of them?

We all know he has a less than average O-line, holds on to the ball. etc. but how much longer does jp get a free pass?? I'm going to use alex smith of san francisco as comparison because they both came from similar pro offenses played at utah and tulane. They were mainly shotgun qb in college and had their athlecticism used as part of the offenses. Both guys haves had to adjust to life as pocket qb's in the nfl because of this. It should be noted that both guys had different offensive guys to work with last season. Fairchild doesn't have any qb's developed as good qb's in his coaching career. Norv Turner has developed troy aikman. He is developing smith right now. Through 8 games smith has only 18 sacks and losman has 26 sacks. 8 sacks is the difference. Both teams aren't known for their O-lines either. Is this testimony of how how much better turner has done with smith than fairchild has with losman?

Let's look at last year. Losman had 26 sacks in 9 games he played only in last season. Is that progress? He accomplished 26 in one game less this season than last season. Smith last year had 29 sacks in 9 games he played last season. 18 now through 8 games would be progress than he had last season in only 9 games(29).

I'm not knocking jp with this thread. I want the guy to succeed, but based on these numbers, he hasn't shown much improvement in regards to reading defenses and getting rid of the ball. Ok half of those may not be his fault or smiths' fault, but take away half, and there's still less improvement than last season(taking into account maybe half weren't his fault in 2005 either).

It seems qb's that play in these type of pro offenses don't have it easy developing as pocket passers. Of course, the right coach may just do wonders in regards to what turner is doing with smith right now. Now whether jp is not grasping it yet or fairchild is not doing his job is not known, but one can gather that not much improvement is getting done. The answer to buffalo's qb woes may lie with another qb next season that has a lot of experience as a pocket passer.

Ebenezer
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
it is the 10th year of the lack of an offensive line.

justasportsfan
11-08-2006, 03:31 PM
It's good the team won. I'm just wondering in all honestly, if everything thinks jp having problems grasping being a pocket qb in the nfl all his fault, fairchild fault or both of them?

Both. Fairchild is teaching Jp to be a weapon in the pocket rather than just do what he did in college.

Inetpub
11-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Both. Fairchild is teaching Jp to be a weapon in the pocket rather than just do what he did in college.

Its NEVER JP's FAULT! What Forum are you reading? Why post crap like this

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 06:11 PM
if Butterfingers(losman) could handle the snaps from the shotgun,he wouldn't have fairchild handcuffed.

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2006, 06:29 PM

If QB's were to do what they did in College, they would be HORRIBLE! That's why it takes so long for QB's to develop, its almost like a whole new game.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
if Butterfingers(losman) could handle the snaps from the shotgun,he wouldn't have fairchild handcuffed.

I told you already Melvin Fowler is greasing the ball up on those shotgun snaps to play a cruel joke on JP!

remember, nothing is ever JPs fault.

That is all!

G. Host
11-08-2006, 08:12 PM
JP was a poor QB this year and next. Blaming it on OC or even QB coach does not make sense. With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try.

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
JP was a poor QB this year and next. Blaming it on OC or even QB coach does not make sense. With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try.

JP is no dodo egg.. He was a pretty highly regarded talent coming out of college. With that said, I'm not going to blame Fairchild or any other coaches for that matter. I wish JP would be doing better, but the fact is he has improved greatly since last year, so I guess I cant be too pissed off at JP right now either.

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 08:25 PM
JP is no dodo egg.. He was a pretty highly regarded talent coming out of college. With that said, I'm not going to blame Fairchild or any other coaches for that matter. I wish JP would be doing better, but the fact is he has improved greatly since last year, so I guess I cant be too pissed off at JP right now either.

he hasn't improved THAT much. :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2006, 08:31 PM
he hasn't improved THAT much. :rolleyes:

Really?

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>113</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>49.6</TD><TD>1340</TD><TD>5.9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>64.9</TD></TR><!--teamId2=2--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>130</TD><TD>212</TD><TD>61.3</TD><TD>1415</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>80.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty significant improvement if you ask me.. Completing 11% more passes, more yards in less games, higher yards per throw, same amt of TD's (including his rushing TD.. ) and less INT's. I guess none of those stats mean anything..

SABURZFAN
11-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Really?

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>113</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>49.6</TD><TD>1340</TD><TD>5.9</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>64.9</TD></TR><!--teamId2=2--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>BUF</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>130</TD><TD>212</TD><TD>61.3</TD><TD>1415</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>80.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty significant improvement if you ask me.. Completing 11% more passes, more yards in less games, higher yards per throw, same amt of TD's (including his rushing TD.. ) and less INT's. I guess none of those stats mean anything..

not really...

G. Host
11-08-2006, 09:05 PM

I didn't say he was a dodo egg. And Ryan Leaf was highly regarded too.

I said "With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try." The reverse also applies for "With phoenix eggs you can not make dodos no matter how they try."

He was a poor QB last year and a poor QB this year and no matter of relabelling or trying to cite stats will make JP a good QB.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I didn't say he was a dodo egg. And Ryan Leaf was highly regarded too.

I said "With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try." The reverse also applies for "With phoenix eggs you can not make dodos no matter how they try."

He was a poor QB last year and a poor QB this year and no matter of relabelling or trying to cite stats will make JP a good QB.

I'm not trying to make JP a good QB, LOL. I'm simply pointing out improvement, why cant bashers see this? What is so atrocious about doing that? Whether you like it or not, JP has improved alot since last year. You think fans would applaud that.

Inetpub
11-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not trying to make JP a good QB, LOL. I'm simply pointing out improvement, why cant bashers see this? What is so atrocious about doing that? Whether you like it or not, JP has improved alot since last year. You think fans would applaud that.

Define Alot? You say JP has improved alot. Seeing as where he started from, Anything is an improvement! Alot might not be enough. He needs to get consistent. I dont care how much he has improved in numbers because if he isnt consistent, its useless. Leading us down to their 20 and fumbling. His numbers might be awesome there but he fumbled and we turned it over.

Its consistency we are looking for. And JP isnt consistent. Well maybe at being bad.

justasportsfan
11-09-2006, 01:09 PM
JP was a poor QB this year and next. .
I never figured you to be a fortune teller.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Define Alot? You say JP has improved alot. Seeing as where he started from, Anything is an improvement! Alot might not be enough. He needs to get consistent. I dont care how much he has improved in numbers because if he isnt consistent, its useless. Leading us down to their 20 and fumbling. His numbers might be awesome there but he fumbled and we turned it over.

Its consistency we are looking for. And JP isnt consistent. Well maybe at being bad.

Our offense as a WHOLE isnt consistent. It's not just JP. How often does he have a RB with a 100 yard game? How consistently does his WR's get open? How often does his OL actually block? How often do his TE's catch the ball? I can point out all the inconsistencies on offense, and I'm deemed as making excuses for JP. When I pull out stats, the numbers dont mean anything. What is it you want me to argue? Or do you not want me to use facts to back up my argument, if thats the case, you would have 12 year olds running around here talking out their asses, and nobody would ever have to support what they speak.

Inetpub
11-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Our offense as a WHOLE isnt consistent. It's not just JP. How often does he have a RB with a 100 yard game? How consistently does his WR's get open? How often does his OL actually block? How often do his TE's catch the ball? I can point out all the inconsistencies on offense, and I'm deemed as making excuses for JP. When I pull out stats, the numbers dont mean anything. What is it you want me to argue? Or do you not want me to use facts to back up my argument, if thats the case, you would have 12 year olds running around here talking out their asses, and nobody would ever have to support what they speak.

Correct. Our whole offense isnt consistent. But it starts with JP. If the WR runs the wrong route or is being double covered, there are 9 other guys on the field. Your telling me all the recievers are always double covered or are running the wrong routes? PLEASE! I dont care how many excuses you come up with. There are ALWAYS more options than 1. If Evans is covered, throw to Price. If both are covered, throw to Reed. If the pocket collapses, tuck the ball and run or kneel. Do something rather than throw into double coverage or fumble. If the TE drops it, then its Royals fault. But thats not all the time. Royal doesnt get the ball first. JP does. If you want to argue about JP, I will GLADLY show you stats too. All that do nothing because JP is inconsistent.

Night Train
11-09-2006, 01:18 PM
It's just JP and Fairchild screwing it up.

The other 10 Offensive players are stellar.

G. Host
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I never figured you to be a fortune teller.
Yeah I meant last. I do not even see if he IS a QB next year. Fotune telling is not my thing.

I don't see the light on with him though. He works hard and can take a hit (maybe he learned it from Bledsoe?) so he is no RJ but I can not see the curve spiking very high for a long time but I hope I am wrong. He has had good QB coaches but for some reason it does not translate well on the field.