• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Is it jp or fairchild and/or both???

It's good the team won. I'm just wondering in all honestly, if everything thinks jp having problems grasping being a pocket qb in the nfl all his fault, fairchild fault or both of them?

We all know he has a less than average O-line, holds on to the ball. etc. but how much longer does jp get a free pass?? I'm going to use alex smith of san francisco as comparison because they both came from similar pro offenses played at utah and tulane. They were mainly shotgun qb in college and had their athlecticism used as part of the offenses. Both guys haves had to adjust to life as pocket qb's in the nfl because of this. It should be noted that both guys had different offensive guys to work with last season. Fairchild doesn't have any qb's developed as good qb's in his coaching career. Norv Turner has developed troy aikman. He is developing smith right now. Through 8 games smith has only 18 sacks and losman has 26 sacks. 8 sacks is the difference. Both teams aren't known for their O-lines either. Is this testimony of how how much better turner has done with smith than fairchild has with losman?

Let's look at last year. Losman had 26 sacks in 9 games he played only in last season. Is that progress? He accomplished 26 in one game less this season than last season. Smith last year had 29 sacks in 9 games he played last season. 18 now through 8 games would be progress than he had last season in only 9 games(29).

I'm not knocking jp with this thread. I want the guy to succeed, but based on these numbers, he hasn't shown much improvement in regards to reading defenses and getting rid of the ball. Ok half of those may not be his fault or smiths' fault, but take away half, and there's still less improvement than last season(taking into account maybe half weren't his fault in 2005 either).

It seems qb's that play in these type of pro offenses don't have it easy developing as pocket passers. Of course, the right coach may just do wonders in regards to what turner is doing with smith right now. Now whether jp is not grasping it yet or fairchild is not doing his job is not known, but one can gather that not much improvement is getting done. The answer to buffalo's qb woes may lie with another qb next season that has a lot of experience as a pocket passer.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is it jp or fairchild and/or both???

it is the 10th year of the lack of an offensive line.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
      It's good the team won. I'm just wondering in all honestly, if everything thinks jp having problems grasping being a pocket qb in the nfl all his fault, fairchild fault or both of them?

Both. Fairchild is teaching Jp to be a weapon in the pocket rather than just do what he did in college.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Inetpub
        i'm a tool
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Both. Fairchild is teaching Jp to be a weapon in the pocket rather than just do what he did in college.
        Its NEVER JP's FAULT! What Forum are you reading? Why post crap like this
        That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

if Butterfingers(losman) could handle the snaps from the shotgun,he wouldn't have fairchild handcuffed.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            If QB's were to do what they did in College, they would be HORRIBLE! That's why it takes so long for QB's to develop, its almost like a whole new game.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
              if Butterfingers(losman) could handle the snaps from the shotgun,he wouldn't have fairchild handcuffed.

I told you already Melvin Fowler is greasing the ball up on those shotgun snaps to play a cruel joke on JP!

remember, nothing is ever JPs fault.

That is all!

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

JP was a poor QB this year and next. Blaming it on OC or even QB coach does not make sense. With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by G. Host
                  JP was a poor QB this year and next. Blaming it on OC or even QB coach does not make sense. With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try.
                  JP is no dodo egg.. He was a pretty highly regarded talent coming out of college. With that said, I'm not going to blame Fairchild or any other coaches for that matter. I wish JP would be doing better, but the fact is he has improved greatly since last year, so I guess I cant be too pissed off at JP right now either.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    JP is no dodo egg.. He was a pretty highly regarded talent coming out of college. With that said, I'm not going to blame Fairchild or any other coaches for that matter. I wish JP would be doing better, but the fact is he has improved greatly since last year, so I guess I cant be too pissed off at JP right now either.

he hasn't improved THAT much.
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      he hasn't improved THAT much.
                      Really?

2005BUF911322849.613405.9858864.9
                      2006BUF813021261.314156.7756680.2

Pretty significant improvement if you ask me.. Completing 11% more passes, more yards in less games, higher yards per throw, same amt of TD's (including his rushing TD.. ) and less INT's. I guess none of those stats mean anything..

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Really?

2005BUF911322849.613405.9858864.9
                        2006BUF813021261.314156.7756680.2

Pretty significant improvement if you ask me.. Completing 11% more passes, more yards in less games, higher yards per throw, same amt of TD's (including his rushing TD.. ) and less INT's. I guess none of those stats mean anything..

not really...

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

I didn't say he was a dodo egg. And Ryan Leaf was highly regarded too.

I said "With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try." The reverse also applies for "With phoenix eggs you can not make dodos no matter how they try."

He was a poor QB last year and a poor QB this year and no matter of relabelling or trying to cite stats will make JP a good QB.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by G. Host
                            I didn't say he was a dodo egg. And Ryan Leaf was highly regarded too.

I said "With dodo eggs you can not make phoenixes no matter how they try." The reverse also applies for "With phoenix eggs you can not make dodos no matter how they try."

He was a poor QB last year and a poor QB this year and no matter of relabelling or trying to cite stats will make JP a good QB.
                            I'm not trying to make JP a good QB, LOL. I'm simply pointing out improvement, why cant bashers see this? What is so atrocious about doing that? Whether you like it or not, JP has improved alot since last year. You think fans would applaud that.

Comment

• Inetpub
                              i'm a tool
                              • Aug 2006

I'm not trying to make JP a good QB, LOL. I'm simply pointing out improvement, why cant bashers see this? What is so atrocious about doing that? Whether you like it or not, JP has improved alot since last year. You think fans would applaud that.
                              Define Alot? You say JP has improved alot. Seeing as where he started from, Anything is an improvement! Alot might not be enough. He needs to get consistent. I dont care how much he has improved in numbers because if he isnt consistent, its useless. Leading us down to their 20 and fumbling. His numbers might be awesome there but he fumbled and we turned it over.

Its consistency we are looking for. And JP isnt consistent. Well maybe at being bad.
                              That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

Working...
                              X