PDA

View Full Version : Favor for Colts fan

AFJoe
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Since I'm on here checking on our game this week, I figured I'd ask you guys a favor? When you play the Pats please tell their fans how stupid they are. Last week was the biggest waste of my life. I'm a pretty level-headed guy, never let forums bother me (especially from fans who think they're Vince Lombardi), but the Pats fans have to be the most uneducated, ridiculous, homers of all time. I'm used to them saying that Manning is not even top 5 QB in the league, or he couldn't win even with the Pats Defense they had in the past, but the NFL conspiracy theories were out of control. I really wanted to to go to Boston, drink a Sam Adam's, and then individually tell every single one of them to get a life.

LtFinFan66
11-09-2006, 02:48 AM
:clap:

Typ0
11-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Since I'm on here checking on our game this week, I figured I'd ask you guys a favor? When you play the Pats please tell their fans how stupid they are. Last week was the biggest waste of my life. I'm a pretty level-headed guy, never let forums bother me (especially from fans who think they're Vince Lombardi), but the Pats fans have to be the most uneducated, ridiculous, homers of all time. I'm used to them saying that Manning is not even top 5 QB in the league, or he couldn't win even with the Pats Defense they had in the past, but the NFL conspiracy theories were out of control. I really wanted to to go to Boston, drink a Sam Adam's, and then individually tell every single one of them to get a life.

we don't bother talking to them any more...we just kick their asses.

LtFinFan66
11-09-2006, 03:32 AM
:rofl:

The_Philster
11-09-2006, 04:21 AM
I think it's funny that they're coming up with NFL Conspiracy theories when it's been pretty obvious that Kraft has been paying off refs since 1998

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-09-2006, 05:46 AM
the pot calling the kettle black eh?

Gunzlingr
11-09-2006, 08:03 AM
I think it's funny that they're coming up with NFL Conspiracy theories when it's been pretty obvious that Kraft has been paying off refs since 1998

Yeah, when your 12th man is the ref squad, they have no room to talk about other teams getting breaks.

TacklingDummy
11-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I miss the days when the Colts use to be in the AFC East with Buffalo.

Ickybaluky
11-09-2006, 08:15 AM
but the Pats fans have to be the most uneducated, ridiculous, homers of all time.

I realize there are rivalries and fans are going to get personal.

However, the only thing that bothers me about these rants is that people say them as absolutes. When you say "Pats fans", you are including me and I'm a little insulted. I'm a pretty knowledgeable fan, and I am well-educated.

If you were to say "Pats fans I've come across" or something general like that, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, you have to lump us all together in one giant insult.

Because of that, I have to tell you your post is a moron.

SquishDaFish
11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I agree with NE that its not ALL fans. Majority yes all no. Ive come across some pats fans who are knowledgable and know what they are talking about without rubbing their success in your face. On the other hand there is the annoying ones who talk garbage and know nothing. And that are also blind by there love and think they are gods team.

OpIv37
11-09-2006, 10:59 AM

However, the only thing that bothers me about these rants is that people say them as absolutes. When you say "Pats fans", you are including me and I'm a little insulted. I'm a pretty knowledgeable fan, and I am well-educated.

If you were to say "Pats fans I've come across" or something general like that, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, you have to lump us all together in one giant insult.

yeah, I have to agree with you here.

When it comes to overall football knowledge, NE39 is one of the better posters on this board, and no one can accuse him of being a Pats homer.

However, generally speaking- I've run into a lot of Pats fans who are exactly like AFJoe described, including my old college roommate.

And the conspiracy theory thing really bothers me coming from Pats fans, because the Pats have had a ridiculous amount of questionable calls go their way. The officiating in the first game against Buffalo was a travesty, and there were some horrid calls in the Colts/Pats game too (most notably that 4th and 1 just before the half where they didn't even friggin measure).

AFJoe
11-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Allow me to rephrase, to the insulted Pats fan. Every Pats fan I talked to on the Pats forum, (the same one as this, just for Pats), met that criteria. Not saying every single Pats fan in the world is that way (especially since they have all kind of new band wagon fans in other states since winning SB's), bu tthe one's I talked to on the Pats forum were pretty bad. If you want, I can put the link of my conversations with them on here? Then, I wouldn't be generalizing, I would be using some Evidence Base Medicine.

BillsKelly
11-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Patriots Fans are just still feeling repressed cause their team stunk for so long!

mybills
11-10-2006, 07:13 AM
I only know 2 knowledgeable Pats fans. NE & my friend Mike. That's pretty sad, considering I live in New England.

ddaryl
11-10-2006, 07:15 AM

check out this thread, it shares your thoughts

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=112977

The King
11-10-2006, 07:19 AM

As we have talked about it the past 80% of Pats fans are bandwagoners. Which is totally cool. But dont run your mouth if you have never seen Grogan to Morgan