Fair to say that Spikes is gone and maybe others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Fair to say that Spikes is gone and maybe others...

If Spikes goes on TV and says he's 100% than his play on the field is really not good. He has been non-existant.

In fairness, since coming to Buffalo, he has never, ever, delivered in a big game.

I'll guarantee that our D gets absolutely owned. I'm so tired of people saying that Kelsay isn't that bad. Watch what happens on Sunday when, as usual, we have no paas rush. Peyton is going to have a field day against our secondary.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Fair to say that Spikes is gone and maybe others...

He had a great game on the road against Cincy in 04 and against Miami in 04 as well.
    I think whether or not we should keep him depends on how strongly he finishes out the year and his willingness to renegotiate if he doesn't get back to true TKO form.

And you're right about our D getting owned- it's gonna be embarrassing. I hate these games because they always make it painfully obvious just how far the Bills have to go before they are competing with the NFL's elite like Chicago, Indy and NE.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I agree and wrote a thread about this like 2 games ago and people negged me, but i agree, we are rebuilding do u really want a 30 OLB with one leg, who is eating alot of cap space, all other teams around the league cut players like him we need to do the same, as use that money to sign his replacement and an OL/DL impact player
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

this may come down to choosing between Spikes and Fletcher. We can't have two 30+ year old LB's eating a combined $10+ million of cap space.

However, if Peters can play well at LT and eliminate the need to shell out for that position, we'll have a lot more leeway with the cap.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I'll guarantee that our D gets absolutely owned.
          The Bills D won't be the first D that Manning has made to look bad. Denver has one of the best D's in the league and Peyton destroyed them.

The Bills will not lose by 12. Everyone is going to be betting the Colts and the Bills will be good with the points.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Its an issue of performance vs. what he is getting paid. he isn't worth his contract at this point and wont' get any better.

Now I fully expect him to have a good game or two which will prompt some idiots saying we were all wrong about him and just need to give him time blah blah blah. All the time ignoring the FACT that in other than 3 games out of 16 he was non existant.

Comment

• BillsNick
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              this may come down to choosing between Spikes and Fletcher. We can't have two 30+ year old LB's eating a combined $10+ million of cap space.

However, if Peters can play well at LT and eliminate the need to shell out for that position, we'll have a lot more leeway with the cap.

At this point, I would definitely have Fletcher on the team. Atleast we can count on him being in on almost every play.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                I agree and wrote a thread about this like 2 games ago and people negged me, but i agree, we are rebuilding do u really want a 30 OLB with one leg, who is eating alot of cap space, all other teams around the league cut players like him we need to do the same, as use that money to sign his replacement and an OL/DL impact player
                Dude, before the season started I said Ronnie Brown, a Miami player, was overrated and I got negged by some of our most prominant posters here, at a Bills site.

I also got negged when I said that Moulds had to go. Of course he's gone.

TKO has 8 games to prove that he is worth a roster spot. A ROSTER SPOT!! It is already a "for sure" that we aren't going to pay him 5.5 million dollars. Let him go play for the Redskins. They love are "over the hill" defensive players!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  The Bills D won't be the first D that Manning has made to look bad. Denver has one of the best D's in the league and Peyton destroyed them.

The Bills will not lose by 12. Everyone is going to be betting the Colts and the Bills will be good with the points.
                  Can I use your money to place that bet!!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    He had a great game on the road against Cincy in 04 and against Miami in 04 as well.
                    I think whether or not we should keep him depends on how strongly he finishes out the year and his willingness to renegotiate if he doesn't get back to true TKO form.

And you're right about our D getting owned- it's gonna be embarrassing. I hate these games because they always make it painfully obvious just how far the Bills have to go before they are competing with the NFL's elite like Chicago, Indy and NE.
                    Yup, I'm in your camp on this one. You can't take anything away from Takeo over the past years, he's been a great player. And whether or not he's ever the same player he used to be, I do think he'll get back to playing at a much higher level than he is now.

If he finishes strongly, then we keep him, as he'll probably only get better with another offseason to recover, and a guy like Takeo is always worth having in the locker room and on the field.

If he does not finish strongly, OBD will have some leverage to renegotiate his deal. If he's unwilling, then maybe it'll be time to wish him the best and cut him loose.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

You guys can't be serious or you're all just dumb. It's takes time to come back from achilles tendon surgery. I'm no doctor and neither are any of you but I think you'll see the explosion come back gradually. Spikes is a great player and a leader. By year's end he will be making a lot more plays.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                        You guys can't be serious or you're all just dumb. It's takes time to come back from achilles tendon surgery. I'm no doctor and neither are any of you but I think you'll see the explosion come back gradually. Spikes is a great player and a leader. By year's end he will be making a lot more plays.
                        I'm totally serious and unlike you I know the situation intimately. He will never, ever, be 100%. PERIOD.

I have nothing against Spikes but many great players go through injuries that shorten or change their career. It's life. With that said I am a Bills fan who wants to win. Last I looked Spikes has been getting paid millions of dollars to play the game so excuse me if I'm not as emotional about all of this.

Comment

• Elminster
                          #1 Kelsay Fan
                          • Oct 2006

I'm totally serious and unlike you I know the situation intimately. He will never, ever, be 100%. PERIOD.

I have nothing against Spikes but many great players go through injuries that shorten or change their career. It's life. With that said I am a Bills fan who wants to win. Last I looked Spikes has been getting paid millions of dollars to play the game so excuse me if I'm not as emotional about all of this.
                          I agree with you. I can't really tell any difference between him and Ellison...oh, wait...I can! Ellison is in on more plays! We keep Fletch so long as he continues to play well and behaves himself as the veteran leader, maybe draft a replacement later on if they feel said replacement isn't already on the roster, and cut Spikes. Step up, or pack your bags, I say! We shouldn't pay ANYONE $5.5 million to miss tackles and be non-existant.....especially after such a serious injury.

And I have read it was a very messy tear, unlike....say, Julian Peterson. He isn't expected to make a full recovery.....ever....
                          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Inetpub
                            i'm a tool
                            • Aug 2006

That is your BEST POST EVER!

You can go overboard and say this yet you criticize us for saying the same about JP. Last time we looked, JP has been getting paid millions of dollars to play the game also. Whats your excuse now? You dont want to hear excuses for Spikes but its ok for JP? Its ok JP gets paid millions but for Spikes its not. LOL.
                            That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'm not sure we've had 2 big games in the last 6 years. The Steelers 2004 finale may be the only one. My only memory of that is Bledsoe completing 12 passes to the turf. Supposedly, a slug named Willie Parker had his first and last big game against us. I do remember some pretty good followup efforts after that one. Like the SB last year.

Bottom line is Spikes looks like he can't plant or move like he used to. He may yet regain more ability but history usually proves most players do not. The 5.5 cap figure for 2007 tells us the $$ could go towards 1-2 frontline starters at other positions of need, while Ellison steps in to play OLB.

I think we all know the score but the tough talk suggesting he never played big in big games is silly. He was a damn good player, prior to the injury. We, as a team, would actually have to be in several big games for that opinion to prove out. As of now, it's baseless.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X