PDA

View Full Version : Lowered expectatios?

Bufftp
08-17-2002, 08:19 AM
After two pre-seasons games, and the performance of the defemse how are expectations for this season. I still think they are an 8-8 team witha break or two. The defense is really starting to worry me, and the injured OL.

The_Philster
08-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Same here. I had hopes of 10-6 but I think 8-8 looks more realistic...especially with this D-Line

HenryRules
08-17-2002, 09:23 AM
7-9 is what I have been saying all along, and that hasn't changed at all after the 2 preseason games.

ArcticWildMan
08-17-2002, 10:55 AM
TD and GW have been saying all along that this will be another season for us to build on. Next year when we are one of the top 5 teams in available cap money is when we make our move.

casdhf
08-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Well, at least it'll be an exciting 8-8

TigerJ
08-17-2002, 01:57 PM
9-7 I said that two months ago, and I'm sticking with it. The Bills are gonna be in some high scoring games this year that come down to the last 2 minutes. Not good for fans with heart conditions. Next off season TD uses freed up cap money to sign a couple good free agent veteran defensive linemen, up a step or two from Price and Ahanotu, and the Bills become a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl.

standingbuffalo43
08-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I too had the Bills listed at 9-7 tied with Mia & NE in the AFCE...

also... ditto on '03 being our year to shine!

Bufftp
08-17-2002, 08:25 PM
I still think 8-8, but an exciting 8-8, lots of close games rarley out of any, but lookout in '03.

Typ0
08-18-2002, 08:49 AM
actually while Price and Ahanotu are not spectacular one or both of them might just come in here and fit in very well and be able to play above themselves. Let's hope this is the case. With a little luck we can still make the playoff's this season but it doesn't look very likely the way things stand now. Our schedule is brutal and our D does not look ready for the task at hand.

Halbert
08-18-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm sticking with 10-6. I really think the offense is THAT good and will keep us in most games. The Dline is a concern but when we get a lead in the 3rd quarter much of that disadvantage will be blunted. GW will make it an attacking D with big plays going both ways and the offense will capitalize on turnovers. Besides, the unit will improve as the season progresses so we could have a nice push seeking a wild card. Think of us as the Colts from two years ago, except with better corners, better receiver depth, and a little less at RB. Most games will be 34-31 shootouts.

don137
08-18-2002, 03:06 PM
We knew the run defense and pass rush are going to be weak but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. I realize it is only preseason but they did nothing to prove they are any better than last year. If they can't stop the run or rush the passer in addition to a tough schedule they could go 6-10. With that said I thought 8-8 was realistic and I will stick by it. We just have to be patient in the re-building process.

StillLurkin
08-18-2002, 04:05 PM
i honestly don't think expectations should be lowered after two preseason games. the addition of price should help, and if chidi is signed that should make the line "decent". if the defensive unit can gel and play together, IMO they should be fine. I still think it will be a year or two before a legit super bowl run.