• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Lowered expectatios?

After two pre-seasons games, and the performance of the defemse how are expectations for this season. I still think they are an 8-8 team witha break or two. The defense is really starting to worry me, and the injured OL.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Same here. I had hopes of 10-6 but I think 8-8 looks more realistic...especially with this D-Line
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

7-9 is what I have been saying all along, and that hasn't changed at all after the 2 preseason games.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

TD and GW have been saying all along that this will be another season for us to build on. Next year when we are one of the top 5 teams in available cap money is when we make our move.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Well, at least it'll be an exciting 8-8
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

9-7 I said that two months ago, and I'm sticking with it. The Bills are gonna be in some high scoring games this year that come down to the last 2 minutes. Not good for fans with heart conditions. Next off season TD uses freed up cap money to sign a couple good free agent veteran defensive linemen, up a step or two from Price and Ahanotu, and the Bills become a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• standingbuffalo43
              its ALIVE!
              • Jul 2002

I too had the Bills listed at 9-7 tied with Mia & NE in the AFCE...

also... ditto on '03 being our year to shine!
              Try not!
              DO...
              or do not...
              there is no try...

~Yoda

Comment

• Bufftp
                Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I still think 8-8, but an exciting 8-8, lots of close games rarley out of any, but lookout in '03.
                Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                to be led by permanent ideals -
                that is what keeps a man patient
                when the world ignores him,
                and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

actually while Price and Ahanotu are not spectacular one or both of them might just come in here and fit in very well and be able to play above themselves. Let's hope this is the case. With a little luck we can still make the playoff's this season but it doesn't look very likely the way things stand now. Our schedule is brutal and our D does not look ready for the task at hand.

Comment

• Halbert
                    I'm Not Normal
                    • Jul 2002

I'm sticking with 10-6. I really think the offense is THAT good and will keep us in most games. The Dline is a concern but when we get a lead in the 3rd quarter much of that disadvantage will be blunted. GW will make it an attacking D with big plays going both ways and the offense will capitalize on turnovers. Besides, the unit will improve as the season progresses so we could have a nice push seeking a wild card. Think of us as the Colts from two years ago, except with better corners, better receiver depth, and a little less at RB. Most games will be 34-31 shootouts.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

We knew the run defense and pass rush are going to be weak but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. I realize it is only preseason but they did nothing to prove they are any better than last year. If they can't stop the run or rush the passer in addition to a tough schedule they could go 6-10. With that said I thought 8-8 was realistic and I will stick by it. We just have to be patient in the re-building process.

Comment

• StillLurkin
                        • Jul 2002

i honestly don't think expectations should be lowered after two preseason games. the addition of price should help, and if chidi is signed that should make the line "decent". if the defensive unit can gel and play together, IMO they should be fine. I still think it will be a year or two before a legit super bowl run.
                        Become one with nature.........then marinate it!

Comment

Working...
                        X